Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: How many miles do you have on your 2013 110 inch stock lifters?  (Read 5081 times)

Snakebyte

• Full CVO Member
Re: How many miles do you have on your 2013 110 inch stock lifters?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 07:45:10 AM »

Found a pic of the C lifter.

Snakebyte

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 07:50:10 AM »

On another note the C lifter has more radial play in the roller in my experience. I believe this why they are failing.
FYI the SE lifter is made by Jim's and they have issues as well.
The B is defiantly the best lifter Harley-Davidson has ever used.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 07:54:13 AM »

Mine look like the B lifter
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 09:15:54 AM »

So which lifters come stock in the 2013 110 engines...... A, B, or C :nixweiss:

None of the above.  The 2013 motors come equipped with the latest SE Lifter - p/n 18572-13...

Description:
Screamin' Eagle® Tappets feature large high capacity needles in the roller bearing assembly to improve reliability when operating with high lift cams, high pressure valve springs and in high RPM applications. The 25% larger needle bearings increase the dynamic load rating by approximately 20% when compared to the Original Equipment Twin Cam tappets. The unique design delivers superior tappet life in performance applications. Set of 4.
Fits '99-later Twin Cam-equipped models and '00-later XL and XR models.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 09:28:09 AM »

On another note the C lifter has more radial play in the roller in my experience. I believe this why they are failing.
FYI the SE lifter is made by Jim's and they have issues as well.
The B is defiantly the best lifter Harley-Davidson has ever used.

The current SE lifters (p/n 18572-13) are not manufactured by JIMS.  (Previous p/n SE lifters were manufactured by JIMS, and did suffer with reliability).  The current SE lifter was introduced in 2013 and features larger diameter high capacity roller needles in the roller bearing assembly.  To date, I am unaware of any reliability issues with this lifter, although as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's too soon to say whether or not this lifter is the answer to catastrophic lifter failures in twin cam motors.

For what it's worth, the failure mode of lifters in twin cam motors has been the disintegration of the needle roller bearings, not the outer wear surface of the rollers.  If there is an abnormal wear pattern on the outer surface of the roller and cam lobes, it's likely wear caused by deterioration of the roller needle bearings.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »

The current SE lifters (p/n 18572-13) are not manufactured by JIMS.  (Previous p/n SE lifters were manufactured by JIMS, and did suffer with reliability).  The current SE lifter was introduced in 2013 and features larger diameter high capacity roller needles in the roller bearing assembly.  To date, I am unaware of any reliability issues with this lifter, although as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's too soon to say whether or not this lifter is the answer to catastrophic lifter failures in twin cam motors.

For what it's worth, the failure mode of lifters in twin cam motors has been the disintegration of the needle roller bearings, not the outer wear surface of the rollers.  If there is an abnormal wear pattern on the outer surface of the roller and cam lobes, it's likely wear caused by deterioration of the roller needle bearings.

Thanks Sadunbar
This info makes feel a little better.....I think :-\ I will probably have somewhere a little over 15000 on the clock when I leave for Sturgis in 2015, and I will be leaving from South Louisiana. If i detect any noise change at all between now and then I will be real tempted at that point to put some 259 cams in along with some S&S lifters. It sure would be a bummer for something to happen during a trip of a lifetime!!!

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »

In reviewing the parts manual for my bike (2009 FLTRSE3) I see that they have the 18538-99b lifters.  According to what I have read, they don't seem to too many issues.  Is the correct?

I am planning on a 6,000 mile trip this summer from VT to AZ and really don't want a failure.  Currently the bike has 18,000 miles on it.

I do plan on getting the bike checked out before I head out.  I have been doing my own services for the last few years.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »

In reviewing the parts manual for my bike (2009 FLTRSE3) I see that they have the 18538-99b lifters.  According to what I have read, they don't seem to too many issues.  Is the correct?

I am planning on a 6,000 mile trip this summer from VT to AZ and really don't want a failure.  Currently the bike has 18,000 miles on it.

I do plan on getting the bike checked out before I head out.  I have been doing my own services for the last few years.

:oops: :nixweiss: from what i understand yours would be a prime candidate for failure, may be worth taking look at replacing them, but im not a professional   :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »

Charles I have an 09 also and changed lifters at 8000 to s&s with limiters,and changed again to Gatermans at 20,000.The stock ones had some wear on the rollers, not bad, but enough to change.The S&S were quiet till about 18000 then started to make a little noise.Changed to Gatermans bike has 25000 now no issues.Quietest lifters yet.

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 09:03:19 PM »

I have a 2013 CVO RGC with over 21,000 miles on her now that still has stock motor to include lifters.  I've read this posting and getting concerned on if/when mine may fail but is still under warranty unless Harley decides that by using their brand tuner and after market exhaust installed and tuned by one of their own dealers will be the void to the warranty if a failure occurs.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »

I have a 2013 CVO RGC with over 21,000 miles on her now that still has stock motor to include lifters.  I've read this posting and getting concerned on if/when mine may fail but is still under warranty unless Harley decides that by using their brand tuner and after market exhaust installed and tuned by one of their own dealers will be the void to the warranty if a failure occurs.

mgreen, I am in the same boat as you as far as exhaust and SE tuner versus warranty validity goes. It is good to here you made it to 21000 miles though. I will have to touch base with you about a year from now to see if you still have the stock lifters or not in order to try an make a decision before leaving for Sturgis in 2015.

fkjunkin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 11:38:52 PM »

Had mine for @22,000 miles heard a tick tick and used it as an excuse to go to 113 & change cams, bearings and lifters. I went with the fueling lifters on the shops recomendations. There is absolutely no valve train noise on my bike now.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 11:17:18 AM »

Charles I have an 09 also and changed lifters at 8000 to s&s with limiters,and changed again to Gatermans at 20,000.The stock ones had some wear on the rollers, not bad, but enough to change.The S&S were quiet till about 18000 then started to make a little noise.Changed to Gatermans bike has 25000 now no issues.Quietest lifters yet.

Digga,

Do you have your work done at Granite State HD?  That is my "home" HD shop but I have not used them in years because I am doing my own services.  Replacing lifters is a bigger job then I want to take on.  Do you know any good indies in the area?

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.