Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 103 engine Better than a 110  (Read 10052 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: 103 engine Better than a 110
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 12:59:14 AM »

Not trying to be a jerk, but for the sake of clarity on the 2006 CVO 103 (I had one just like yours...wish I had kept it!)...the cams were considered pretty crappy and blamed on EPA standards.  Popular replacements were from Zippers or Freedom if you were not going to do some headwork.  The heads were not the Screamin' Eagle high perf. ones, but instead were hemispherical in shape and not considered very good without increasing compression.  Not sure what you consider a "hotter" download either...any Stage I,II, III, etc change involved new computer flash or better yet, a custom dyno tune.

They did seem to run good, though.  My 103 at Stage I ran even with my buddy's Stage I 110.  However, another guy had a 95 in. that was built up with heads, cam, etc. and would eat our sack lunch any way we tried!

Ride On!

You might be right on the heads, but mine say Screamin' Eagle 103 on them. As for downloads, I was told it came with 3 choices, stock, Parade, or Performance. Mine came with performance.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »

Yeah, I know it says that, but they are definitely not the high perf ones that you can order out of the performance parts catalog.  No big deal...just could have been better if the factory put the better heads on.  No doubt EPA/emissions driven.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »

You might be right on the heads, but mine say Screamin' Eagle 103 on them. As for downloads, I was told it came with 3 choices, stock, Parade, or Performance. Mine came with performance.

But I could be wrong.

Someone told you wrong on the calibration.  There was one stock street legal calibration for all bikes, and a separate Stage I Race calibration download you could purchase that went with high flow air cleaner and pipe mods.

The heads say Screamin' Eagle 103, and they are not the stock heads found on regular bikes.  But they aren't the same as the Screamin' Eagle performance heads in the SE catalog.  I think that is what txbear55 was trying to say.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.