Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rear cylinder ticking  (Read 4584 times)

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: Rear cylinder ticking
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »

I'm gonna bring it in tomorrow so they can listen to it, and then they can have it on Tuesday (scheduled service) and diagnos. I was reading another thread and apparently if you have adjustable pushrods you can check the lifters without any major work??
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »

I'm gonna bring it in tomorrow so they can listen to it, and then they can have it on Tuesday (scheduled service) and diagnos. I was reading another thread and apparently if you have adjustable pushrods you can check the lifters without any major work??
You can just remove the pushrod tubes, pushrods, and the lifter blocks to remove the lifters to inspect them. If they are Ok reinstall everything using new seals and gaskets, adjust the pushrods and your all set.  That is how I check mine each winter/spring before the riding season starts.
I keep a set of S&S lifters on hand just in case. ....of course that won't be much help if the ones I pull out are truly trashed...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:14:13 AM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 12:08:04 PM »

I'm interested to see where I end up.......did I catch it in time or not  :nixweiss: Either way I would like to get this resolved before Biketoberfest, I'd like to go.

Then again this could be an excuse to get a 124" if I didn't catch it  :coolblue: Doesn't sound too bad but you never know until you look.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 07:14:32 PM »

Maybe you'll get lucky and it's just a pushrod that came out of adjustment.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 07:30:13 PM »

Well I'll know tomorrow I managed an appointment in the  morning. Chit I'm hoping I'm nuts and just hearing things :-\
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:31:49 PM by DICKW »

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 03:44:35 PM »

Just came back from the dealer, dropped all the oils and we inspected for any forein material (metal)  :coolblue: Nada, not a thing. I thought that was the best sign maybe I'm just looking for a problem. Got the 45k service taken care of and now I'm going to run the pi$$ out of it and see what happens. When I say run the pi$$ out of it I mean run it the way I always do.

The only thing the mechanic said was it is noisier than a stock bike,but it sounds good and runs good.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.