Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Too Noisey  (Read 6149 times)

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
Re: Too Noisey
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »

when you get the noise under control, buy a drum kit :)

:) ;)
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:42 AM »

So I got her all done and had the DB's checked - I am at 96DB's and they said they would pass me.

So now I am on the right side of the law if anyone complains I will show them where to stick it.

FYI for thos interested in the tech details - I have the stainless 2-1-2 FuelMoto header with the stock CVO cans which gave me the legal DB's I was looking for.  My previous cans were the Pro Touring by FuelMoto at ~102.  I am using a Power Vision tuner, which I used to retune the bike after the change.  While riding the tone is different, but it seems nearly as loud to me.  My buddy said here comes the courties Harley rider with the quiet pipe.  He said he can hear a big difference. 

So I will box these up until I return to the US, where my right to bare loud pipes is not so strictly enforced ;D

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »

Certainly is different here in Europe.  If they don't get you for the noise they will rod you and get you for the lack of proper baffles.

I did not start the bike last night as it was so late, in few I am going to work so I will see if it made much of a difference.  My thought is it will be marginal since I am still running the FuelMoto header.  Which I decided last night I will not change out without legal intervention.

None the less, I am pretty excited to see how the bike handles with the True Track.

Are you subject to the every two year TUV inspections?  If so, you may want to check to see if they have a way to know you no longer have a catalytic converter before you get it inspected.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »

Not sure if they actually check that far, I had not heard of it anyway.  The guy who does the inspections on post said he would pass me.  The inspections on,post are not as hard as the ones on the economy. 

The TUV inspections on the economy require you have a book with your vehicle and any mod must be indicated in the book and it mu be TUV approved.  If you are the first one with that mod, then you must provide all the specs to the TUV so they can decide if it is safe for the road.  It is possible, it is difficult and it can be expensive.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »

Send your neighbors over here and after they live near me where we shoot skeet in the yard, sight in the muzzleloaders, practice the rifles and pattern the shotguns they'll go back over there and buy you a drink. ;)

Now my brother-in-law does get on my nerves a bit when he is running that race car in the garage. That thing must be 120db. I think he is just pissed to hear the skeet shot falling on his roof. :D

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 05:18:40 PM »

Isn't there an old saying that goes something like: "If the music is too loud, you're too old". ;D
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 12:20:10 AM »

It is all good.  I want to get my neighbor a sherif pin as a joke, he is a good guy and he did come to me versus calling the law or letting someone else do it before he talked to me.  The Germans have a completely different mentality than Americans do. 

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 07:34:55 AM »

@SmokeyJoe: you will need a J&H Exhaust ( http://www.jekillandhyde.nl/Over-ons )on your Bike and you never got any problems with your neighbourhood  :nixweiss:

The Name is Program (social sound control)

Take Care in Germany  ::)
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 07:43:02 AM »

@SmokeyJoe: you will need a J&H Exhaust ( http://www.jekillandhyde.nl/Over-ons )on your Bike and you never got any problems with your neighbourhood  :nixweiss:

The Name is Program (social sound control)

Take Care in Germany  ::)

I saw a simular system at the Bike Fest this weekend in Stuttgart.  It was made by Remus (i think), pretty impressive the way it tamed the DB's and the automatic features.  But the price sent me running from their booth! :o

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »

....for my CVO Road King ~2.000 Euros  :-X but compared with the problems and cost you will get if your bike in Germany will be confiscated by police (not EG certified) it is less  ;)
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »

Certainly is different here in Europe.  If they don't get you for the noise they will rod you and get you for the lack of proper baffles.

I don't like the sound of that.....

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 12:09:24 AM »

My Bike idle sound pressure level is 112db. I like it. I don't have a stereo.  The exhaust is music to my ears when rumbling down the highway.  Sound good at any RPM but at 2800 it sounds great all the way to redline!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.