Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SE Pro Performance Mufflers  (Read 3594 times)

bluesei2

• HD4me
Re: SE Pro Performance Mufflers
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 08:33:03 AM »

Thanks to all for a lively discussion (even if I did have to take one to the chops from Scooterhair  :-[ who thought maybe I wasn't doing my research - well here is part of that research..  Thanks too to IronHorse - sounds like you have some interesting aftermarket goodies but I'm not going any further than the SE Air Cleaner and perhaps SE Pros.  The bike runs very well and with a little better sound (and an endcap change), I'll be good to go.  Now when motor rebuild time comes (am at 22k now), THEN I may go with something more radical.  

Thanks also to OTIS for reminding me of the plug removal option - if my SE Pros idea doesn't go, maybe I'll try that route and purchase some billet end caps.

Cheers,

BlueSEI2

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »

The end caps do seem to be the difference in the sound. They evidently act like resonators.

So then if the mufflers are the same, the HD "Shark Fin" end caps, should make a quieter sound than the "Howitzer" style since the Fins are closed at the rear, and the Howitzers are open.

Is that right?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »

Blue,

I had some 90* turn outs with the plugs out and it was much louder and deeper.
40 to 80 bucks on Ebay.

My two cents without a chop.   :P

But really, good luck.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 05:07:46 PM by Scooterhair »
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 09:39:08 PM »

So then if the mufflers are the same, the HD "Shark Fin" end caps, should make a quieter sound than the "Howitzer" style since the Fins are closed at the rear, and the Howitzers are open.

Is that right?

For some reason a lot of people who ride Heritage Softails like Sampson Fishtail true duals. I would expect the sound of the 65115-98B's with Shark Fin caps to be similar to that however more subdued as you are saying. The Howitzers would really make them bark though.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.