Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ohlins #6 Rear Shocks  (Read 8958 times)

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
Re: Ohlins #6 Rear Shocks
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »

And finally,......

This morning.

Me: Hey honey, how's your back?
Wife: My back?
Me; Yeah, we went riding this weekend.
Wife: It's fine.
Me:  :)
VERY encouraging news,  My wife always has a bad back after road trip.  The #6's are being installed this week, Howard has the front tubes now and should be done in time for a Boyz trip to Daytona.  Lookin forward to meeting him face to face, an really lookin forward to bringin this CVO up to stellar status.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »

VERY encouraging news,  My wife always has a bad back after road trip.  The #6's are being installed this week, Howard has the front tubes now and should be done in time for a Boyz trip to Daytona.  Lookin forward to meeting him face to face, an really lookin forward to bringin this CVO up to stellar status.

So you pulled off the front forks and sent them to Howard. What's he doing to them?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 03:20:27 PM »

On the 2014-15's with the new bigger tubes he's able to do some magic in the machine shop and install Ohlin's stuff on the front as well in the stock tubes!  They also setup for my weights/ridin style and adjustable as well.  Should be a fine tuned suspension system for my scooter and me.  He'll be in Port Orange for Bikeweek so I'l swing by and let him "fine tune" everything there.  I JUST can't wait!! 
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 09:05:15 AM »

I also have a front set on order  with Howard for 2015cvorg. He called yesterday and told me he was still a week or two away. something about special shims on backorder.

Will install at home when they arrive! Stock is the best I have ever had from Harley, but still needs improvement IMHO. You may get yours on the road before I do. Please POST RESULTS!
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 04:32:52 PM »

Hey I have thos same shocks sitting in a box brand new in my garage.  Long story but the first set rode like an empty 1 ton pickup never could take the bumps like my honda st1300 does.  With all the positive reviews I assume it has to be me setting them up as the problem. Who can I take these to to get them mounted and adjusted . I want the smooth ride everyone but a few with results like mine are talking about.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 04:56:22 PM »

if you bought them from howard at motorcycle metal, call him.  he does not want you to be unsatisfied as a customer and will go to great lengths to make sure that you've set them up properly (so i've heard....  haven't taken the plunge yet myself)
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »

Am I understanding correctly that you still feel the bumps in the road just not as hard as before?  Maybe mine were correct then. I was expecting the. To soak up all bumps so they were not noticeable as my honda does. I figured a 1500 set of shocks would do that and maybe my expectations are are too high

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 04:58:33 PM »

if you bought them from howard at motorcycle metal, call him.  he does not want you to be unsatisfied as a customer and will go to great lengths to make sure that you've set them up properly (so i've heard....  haven't taken the plunge yet myself)
thanks scratch, I've done that and without going in to details that's no longer an option. The guys at ohlins I met in person sent me out this second set. 

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 06:41:08 PM »

My experience is that you will feel bumps. I mean if you ride over a speed bump, you will feel it. However it will be less jarring, and much smoother. If you feel no difference between Ohlins and stock, something needs a closer look. For my wife and I the difference was night and day.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 07:57:19 PM »

My experience is that you will feel bumps. I mean if you ride over a speed bump, you will feel it. However it will be less jarring, and much smoother. If you feel no difference between Ohlins and stock, something needs a closer look. For my wife and I the difference was night and day.
yes no speed bumps involved. Just the concrete lips at overpasses and regular road stuff. Railroad tracks all felt like my 12 inch Streetglide shocks.  13 inch hd shocks with fluid changed out feel better then the ohlins. Where can I take my bike to get it set up like yours?

SHRK2TH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Street Glide / Black traded
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / White Starfire Black
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 09:13:17 PM »

Just put mine on a week or so ago and have ridden it twice.  Compared to the 940's I had on, night and day difference and
really havent played with them from the settings sent.  As mentioned above, your going to feel bumps but totally smooths them out and not rattling your teeth...

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 09:16:15 PM »

yes no speed bumps involved. Just the concrete lips at overpasses and regular road stuff. Railroad tracks all felt like my 12 inch Streetglide shocks.  13 inch hd shocks with fluid changed out feel better then the ohlins. Where can I take my bike to get it set up like yours?

I just sent you a PM. Please check your messages.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 20 queries.