Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?  (Read 40555 times)

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
Re: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2015, 12:25:35 PM »

Thanks for the update!  Please keep us updated as to if the "fix" holds.  As far as your satellite signal. I moved my antenna from inside the faring. It's way back on the upper right hand side if facing the front of the bike, to outside the fairing right of the vent when sitting on the bike.  I now have great signal.  It still cuts out a little beneath overpasses, but that's to be expected.

CreeseHD,

Can you also see what program they put in your bike?  I'm curious if that's our issue or not.  If he has one and you and I have another, we may be track towards a fix.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2015, 12:27:46 PM »

Harleywild1hog,

Would you mind giving this a try:

Please perform the following steps using the on board audio diagnostic tool:
1. Put run switch in the RUN position.
2. Hold the MUTE button on the radio while turning the ignition on.
3. Wait until the confirmation message comes up.
4. Confirm (Agree) and release the MUTE button.
5. In the AUDIO section select EQ. That will list all applicable EQ and audio options.
6. Scroll through to find the one that is currently loaded (orange background).

I'm trying to see if your new flash is the same as mine.  I have confirmed that I DO NOT have the same program as the new CVO Street Glides.

That would be excellent if there is a fix! You guys may be on to something.  I'm going to use your instructions to find out what I have...

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »

For reference, my radio shows 146_OFF.bin.  Apparently these .bin files change with each variation of programming....it's dependent on all the selections the tech chooses when they program the radios for amps, stage II speakers, etc.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:39:27 PM by dgreen1069 »

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:34 PM »

CreeseHD,

Can you also see what program they put in your bike?  I'm curious if that's our issue or not.  If he has one and you and I have another, we may be track towards a fix.

Mine says 146_OFF.bin

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

• CVO1: CVO 2014 Limited
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »

Mine is set to 146_OFF.bin

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »

Mine is set to 146_OFF.bin

Dang, that doesn't help.  The Street Glides have 16_OFF.bin.   I wonder why the difference

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2015, 04:48:36 PM »

Sorry mine is the same. Also thanks for antenna info. will move mine. Will also test my radio this week will ride it as much as I can.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2015, 07:12:02 PM »

Dang, that doesn't help.  The Street Glides have 16_OFF.bin.   I wonder why the difference

Who knows... I went on Harley Davison.com and gave bad reviews for the front and rear Boom II speakers. People need to know before they make the same mistake!

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2015, 07:34:46 PM »

Who knows... I went on Harley Davison.com and gave bad reviews for the front and rear Boom II speakers. People need to know before they make the same mistake!

I've been warning others on the forums, but hadn't thought to leave a review on the Harley site.  I just the same in hopes of saving others the same aggravation you and I have had.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2015, 07:57:35 PM »

I've been warning others on the forums, but hadn't thought to leave a review on the Harley site.  I just the same in hopes of saving others the same aggravation you and I have had.

Good! It took them over an hour to actually post my review. I stopped a guy from buying it when I was at the Harley dealer yesterday. He was inquiring about it at the parts counter. I told him everything I was going through and to check out the form. He ended up walking away from the parts counter. I made it very known, and I want the dealership to know that I'm making it known. I will stop every sale that I see.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2015, 09:13:26 AM »

I got a call from my dealer yesterday.  Harley had advised them to replace my front speakers, but they've been back ordered until 4/30/15.  My bike has now been at the dealer for two weeks....I'm still kicking myself for being such an early adopter of the Boom Stage II.   Man I wish they'd just take everything out and put me back to stock.   This has been a colossal waste of time and money.    Very disappointed.

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2015, 11:37:56 PM »

sad thing is the system is good, just find the dang bug in the software and add more power to the amp to push some power 

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »

Wanted to give you a up date. Ride my bike 300 miles this week with no problems with it cutting out on Boom stage II after the last flash up grade. The only problem is with the AVC have to turn it off then on. I stop by my dealer on 3/12/15 and let the service manager know that it hasn't drop out. Only problem is the AVC control he said he will watch for updates on that. No clipping in the speakers at all. After I moved the satellite antenna it works a lot better but every once in a while the station drop out. I will ride it more today and next week. Harleywild1hog

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2015, 10:54:49 AM »

I'm glad your system is working.  I'd love to know what they did to make it work right. My dealer spent hours on the phone with Harley, but never could get mine right.  They had planned to replace my front speakers to see if that was the issue, but I was notified this week that the speakers are on back order until Apr. 30th.   I'm having the system removed and put back to stock.  I've given up  :-[

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2015, 11:12:27 AM »

Wanted to give you a up date. Ride my bike 300 miles this week with no problems with it cutting out on Boom stage II after the last flash up grade. The only problem is with the AVC have to turn it off then on. I stop by my dealer on 3/12/15 and let the service manager know that it hasn't drop out. Only problem is the AVC control he said he will watch for updates on that. No clipping in the speakers at all. After I moved the satellite antenna it works a lot better but every once in a while the station drop out. I will ride it more today and next week. Harleywild1hog

Can you share the name of your dealer and service advisor?  I'd love to give them a call to see what they did to get the system working right.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.