Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust Mod affect on factory warranty  (Read 1173 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Exhaust Mod affect on factory warranty
« on: February 05, 2015, 03:28:16 PM »

Just a month away from  taking delivery of my Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset bike. I want less exhaust heat and more rumble than my (traded-in) stock factory 2011 FLTRUSE exhaust system offered. I tried the Fullsac solution, but for me (senior citizen), it was a bit too noisy for extended touring. Like most of us ......I want the "mo bettah" sound ....but don't want to "endanger" factory warranty. The 50 state legal "Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Nightstick Mufflers #64800022" appears to be a good solution ........but I have two questions before taking the plunge:

1. Anyone know if using the 50 state legal "Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Nightstick Mufflers #64800022" maintains the warranty?

If "yes" ......I'm guessing it would only be warranty-approved along with a "factory approved map" used with a SE Street Performance Tuner Kit. But thinking towards "post warranty", I would rather invest in the more versatile SE Pro Super Tuner which is advertised to be used for race applications only.

2. Could the (illegal) SE Pro Super Tuner be used (for now) to program a legal factory approved map without invalidating the factory warranty?

The downside to trying the #64800022 high flow exhaust system is that (because of the larger diameter header pipes) you might be locked in to using only the 2.25" (intake pipe) slip-on nightstick mufflers ..........i.e. you'd better be happy with the sound!!!

Hence, I'd love to hear an evaluation from anyone who's tried the #64800022 part on their 110 motor.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:49:08 PM by TRIGGER-MAN »
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Exhaust Mod affect on factory warranty
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »

Just a thought: wondering if maybe with water-cooling you won't feel as much heat?  Others with a WC can give better info, but if heat isn't as much of a problem, maybe you could get by with just a set of warranty-approved slip-ons?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
Re: Exhaust Mod affect on factory warranty
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:39:47 PM »

Trigger-man, the SE exhaust is NOT listed as a race only item, and is listed as 50state legal. so it should not affect your warrenty. as for a tuner,   SE Street tuner is 50 state legal, good to go on that also.  SE Pro Tuner will void your warrenty. alot of that also depends on your relationship with your service dept and dealer i installed the Pro tuner, D&D boss fat cat at the 1k service and didnt have any trouble with the warrenty when i had motor issues, but i have a very solid relationship with my dealer.
Smkblwr 
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.