Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 113 dyno results. Sheet attached  (Read 13246 times)

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
113 dyno results. Sheet attached
« on: February 21, 2015, 01:04:26 PM »

So, finally got around to getting my bike dyno tuned.  For this I went to Wide Open Cycles.  Chad, the owner, was awesome.  Can't say enough about him and his shop.  He did tell me before hand that his dyno is a conservative dyno.  Not a big deal as I wasn't chasing numbers, but wanted to get an idea of what my build was doing and make sure what I had was working safely and efficiently. 

Looking at the sheet, you can see that he was able to make improvements across the entire RPM range.  The red line was what I brought him and the blue is his tuning.  Goes to show that the auto tune features are no where near good enough, but will make it rideable.  I will say that I didn have any rideablity issues when I took it to Chad, but I was leaving 10 lbs/ft on the table at 2500 rpms! And around 5 across the entire RPMs.

End result, I might have made better numbers or a flatter torque curve using Steve's 577 with split duration, but I think what I have is working nicely.  I'm really happy that the hp plateaus at the end rather than dropping off- gives me the impression that I don't have any major breathing restrictions or running out of cam shaft.

I dunno, YMMV.  Below are the parts in my build.  Please feel free to tell me your thoughts.

Chris

2013 CVO Road King
GMR Performance 113 cubic inch
-Mahle 10.5:1 pistons
GMR CVO heads
-.030 cometic head gaskets
GMR lifters
S&S quickee pushrods
Wood's 555 cams
Screaming Eagle 58mm intake
5.3 injectors
Ventilator air cleaner with custom crankcase venting
Jackpot ceramic coated stainless 2-1-2 headpipe
Jackpot 4 inch slash up dyno tuned mufflers with asymmetrical baffles
AIM VP-SDR (lock-up for clutch)
Baker Attitude Adjuster
Wards fans
Power Vision tuner with auto-tune option
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

Re: 113 dyno results. Sheet attached
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 01:21:16 PM »

The corrected version.
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »

Very nice. Another great build. I flipped the sheet for us visually impaired  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 01:31:48 PM »

Very nice. Another great build. I flipped the sheet for us visually impaired  :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21:
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

*58Vette

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond w/Crimson Tag Graphics
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 01:40:12 PM »

Nice setup and nice tune.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »

What did Chad have to say?? as he may have told you he has our 577 in his own bike.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »

What did Chad have to say?? as he may have told you he has our 577 in his own bike.

He was happy with the way the bike tuned and thought it was a well put together combo that had good power.

We talked about your 577 cam, also.  He runs it in his Bagger and speaks highly of it.

I explained that I had already ordered my 555s by the time I contacted you and with hindsight being what it is, the only things I would have changed with my build was not buying the clarity covers and I would have picked up your 577s and sold my 555s.  Oh and while it works great, I probably would have looked at other pipes as the Jackpot head pipe was a pain to install and get lined up nicely.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:00:14 PM by cmashark »
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 07:14:56 PM »

I tuned out real nice, Hopefully you got to ride it a bit today, if not I really hope we get a decent break in the weather before you ship out.  I'm curious to hear about the differences the tune made.
110" - T-man HiComp pistons - RoederRacing Heads - GMR 577 cams - HPI 55 - FatCat - AIM clutch - Vision

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 03:30:27 PM »

He was happy with the way the bike tuned and thought it was a well put together combo that had good power.

We talked about your 577 cam, also.  He runs it in his Bagger and speaks highly of it.

I explained that I had already ordered my 555s by the time I contacted you and with hindsight being what it is, the only things I would have changed with my build was not buying the clarity covers and I would have picked up your 577s and sold my 555s.  Oh and while it works great, I probably would have looked at other pipes as the Jackpot head pipe was a pain to install and get lined up nicely.

Why do you regret the clarity covers. Its a very slick product.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

Why do you regret the clarity covers. Its a very slick product.

2 reasons,

1. I can't stop looking inside them to see what's going on.
2. If you don't get your oil, crankcase, and primary hot enough to boil off all moisture, they get cloudy until the bike gets hot again.

They do look sharp though. 

Chris
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »

Nice curve but I thought you would get at least 120tq out of a 113?

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »

Chad is the owner of WOC  and he bought a dyno that belonged to another that I knew. John passed away but the dyno read much lower thans others. Chad tuned his own bike on another dyno numbers on par with everything else. He bought this one and back to back his numbers went down.  Chad is working on doing more testing on a stock bike that will be run on 3 others to see where it falls into place.

I have a brand new stack for Chad but dyno jet may have to do something first on there end.. His UC vs STD vs SAE are not inline .. so there be something going on there with the baro . They do mess up some times.  I have no data on the 555 in that kit myself so I cannot say how it would work. I have not seen anyone else run a 113 with a 555 cam either so what can you compare it to. It may just not be a good parts combo as well a dyno issue on top.

I am sure that Chad will get to the bottom of it. I do agree that I thought also for more tq.. 

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »

Chad is the owner of WOC  and he bought a dyno that belonged to another that I knew. John passed away but the dyno read much lower thans others. Chad tuned his own bike on another dyno numbers on par with everything else. He bought this one and back to back his numbers went down.  Chad is working on doing more testing on a stock bike that will be run on 3 others to see where it falls into place.

I have a brand new stack for Chad but dyno jet may have to do something first on there end.. His UC vs STD vs SAE are not inline .. so there be something going on there with the baro . They do mess up some times.  I have no data on the 555 in that kit myself so I cannot say how it would work. I have not seen anyone else run a 113 with a 555 cam either so what can you compare it to. It may just not be a good parts combo as well a dyno issue on top.

I am sure that Chad will get to the bottom of it. I do agree that I thought also for more tq..

Thanks for taking the time to inform me. I do understand that the numbers may vary from machine to machine and influenced by conditions but if all things are equal and the actual performance is there it is a shame to have a machine that shows off your hard work so poorly.

I really like your posts and overall performance ideology.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »

I had an issue over a year ago now where my dyno was reading normal and then would read low .. It was doing it mainly when I was tuning 2 bikes a day ( stage 1 stuff) . Then it has a slight vibration in the machine. I replaced bearings and it was still doing it. I found that the for some reason the axle was the issue. The bearings are an elliptical   style bearing that you lock into place. Well best we can figure is that the machine was lacking a proper ground and it had eroded a area where the bearing rode. I replaced the axle ( monster pia job) but it went back to normal. Then I lost two computer boards replaced them all was well again.  Now with win 8 the stack and software is so much better and stable than previous set ups.

Then other guys run the snot of them and never have one issue???   

Steve Cole and I had this conversation about a grounding rod. I drilled a hole in the floor and ran a 6 foot rod into the dirt under the slab. The grounding on these is not great it has bolt together parts that are painted , and really needs several simple ground straps. I made mine out of 00 welding cable and I have notice it works better.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »

Grounded ours with good cooper wire and a piece of copper round bar outside the building almost 20 years ago...............thought that was a normal process.....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.