Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Tamarack Machine Works 1"Lowering kit for a CVO?  (Read 12624 times)

ATXSGCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

Tamarack Machine Works 1"Lowering kit for a CVO?
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »

I was doing some looking around and found this.  Tamarack Machine Works 1" LOWERING KIT HARLEY STREET GLIDE SPECIAL, CVO STREET GLIDE,ROAD GLIDE   http://tamarackmw.com/tamarack_002.htm     Said it works with the CVO adjustable spring shocks. Any thought? I'm thinking of lowering my 2010 Street Glide CVO about a 1" for better foot print on the ground. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Tamarack Machine Works 1"Lowering kit for a CVO?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »

Look around long enough and you will find tons of people selling simple little brackets like that claiming to lower a bike 1 or 2 inches.  I've never been impressed with any of them, and definitely don't recommend them, but to each his own.  If you're looking to do this to get your feet flat on the ground, there are better ways that won't affect handling and ground clearance.  If you're looking to do this to look cool, I'll just keep my comments to myself (for a change).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 10:43:18 PM »

Can't remember for sure, but isn't the SG already lowered 1" relative to the Ultras?

The bracket-based lowering kits change the shock angle, usually for the worse.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Harleyman CVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2013 RK Burgundy blaze fusion graphics
    • CVO2: 15 Sg ultra violet blue molten lava flames
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 12:03:48 PM »

once you go CVO there's no going back

ATXSGCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »

Thank you for the link. Great info.

Harleyman CVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »

okay here's my review of the lowering kit for the Harley Davidson premium coil over hydraulic shocks with a 12 inch shock . installed on my 2013 CVO road king . first thing I did yesterday it was 64° in my area so I took it out for a ride for an hour because I haven't driven in two months because of the winter . so I would refresh my memory to do a good comparison . today when I came home from work installed the lowering blocks extremely easy job Took me-about 15 minutes i'm a mechanic so that helped have an all the tools and do the stuff all day long but it should be easy for just about anybody .Took the bike out tonight definitely helps you flat foot the bike a little better . I would say the handling and the ride is just about the same as before might be a tad harsh or on a really big bump or a pothole . and I'm sure if you play with the adjustment **** you probably could dial in and just about perfect.
I would definitely recommend it for somebody that needs to lower their Bike that has the HD coil over shocks . there's no clearance problem with the bags and the shocks at all there's enough clearance these blocks are well engineered . I would not hesitate to recommend these .

ATXSGCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 07:50:48 AM »

Thanks for the write up Harleyman CVO. I'm going to order mine Monday.  :2vrolijk_21:

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:49:18 AM »

okay here's my review of the lowering kit for the Harley Davidson premium coil over hydraulic shocks with a 12 inch shock . installed on my 2013 CVO road king . first thing I did yesterday it was 64° in my area so I took it out for a ride for an hour because I haven't driven in two months because of the winter . so I would refresh my memory to do a good comparison . today when I came home from work installed the lowering blocks extremely easy job Took me-about 15 minutes i'm a mechanic so that helped have an all the tools and do the stuff all day long but it should be easy for just about anybody .Took the bike out tonight definitely helps you flat foot the bike a little better . I would say the handling and the ride is just about the same as before might be a tad harsh or on a really big bump or a pothole . and I'm sure if you play with the adjustment **** you probably could dial in and just about perfect.

I would definitely recommend it for somebody that needs to lower their Bike that has the HD coil over shocks . there's no clearance problem with the bags and the shocks at all there's enough clearance these blocks are well engineered . I would not hesitate to recommend these .

Am I to understand that you just lowered the backend of the bike only?
Any concerns about not lowering the front also?

Harleyman CVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »

yes the only thing I lowered was the back end of the bike and it handles and rides identical to before .  I may lower the bike front and later on .
once you go CVO there's no going back

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »

I used to lower every bike I had both front and rear. Front with shorter springs, rear with blocks. They rode and handled poorly but sure looked good.

Last one I lowered a 1996 ultra I lowered just the year.  It handled the same as it did prior to lowering it.

Even cut two inches out of the rods on the shocks of a Sportster one time and tig welded the eyes back on. Rode fine looked awesome with the front lowered to match.

Now I would go with air ride not lowering blocks.  JMHO
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 06:28:42 AM »

Thanks for the write up.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 07:54:37 PM »

so, any more info/reviews on these?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

ATXSGCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 06:43:17 PM »

I ordered the Tamarack Machine Works 1" lower kit for my 2010 CVO Street Glide. Product is well made.  If you have any questions just let me know. I'll post some pics.

ATXSGCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 06:45:51 PM »

Another

ATXSGCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »

Another
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.