Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Has anyone done a S.E. Stage 3 Kit for the 110?  (Read 10539 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Has anyone done a S.E. Stage 3 Kit for the 110?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »

If you are going to use Doc give him a call.. You may learn something about who"s kit is a total PIA to tune, where Doc has had to fight the build.. or who"s kit is a extremely nice well rounded kit that in the end will be a better option..   The tuner is the last guy in line to have to deal with the kit.. Great person to talk to..

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:    Definitely the best advice in this thread, beyond a doubt!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 06:20:16 AM »

Doc is a very trusted man, as well as a trusted tuner with a long history of being both.
Not all that have dyno's, can live up to that, or can even walk in his shadow......... ;)
Scott

SmokeEm

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FXSBSE - Sold
    • CVO2: 2017 FXSE (CVO Pro-Street Breakout)
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »

If you are going to use Doc give him a call.. You may learn something about who"s kit is a total PIA to tune, where Doc has had to fight the build.. or who"s kit is a extremely nice well rounded kit that in the end will be a better option..   The tuner is the last guy in line to have to deal with the kit.. Great person to talk to..
Thank you, I spoke with T.R. @ TMan and he also recommended Doc. Bad news with Doc is he HATES the S.E. Pro Super Tuner and recommends TTS so if I use Doc, I'll have a $459.95 paperweight and have to purchase a TTS tuner. I could understand not liking the regular Street Performance Tuner due to its limited tuning capabilities but the Pro Super Tuner gives the tuner an "all access pass" so to speak tuning capability so we'll see. I hate to throw away $ but if he's really adamant about not using it, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and do what he wants. I sent him an email but haven't received any response yet so I think I'm going to have to give him a call.
I'm putting the Harley SE stage 3 kit with a FullSac s/s dx header on my 2015 CVO limited. Dropping it off at HD in the morning. supposed to be ready for me to pick thursday afternoon or Fri. morning. I will post an update as soon as i get it home its a 90 mile ride and i should have an honest opinion of what i got for my money by then
I'll be waiting to hear what your thoughts are on the S.E. kit. Another member said he was happy with his so hopefully you'll get the results you're looking for as well.
Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
2017 CVO Pro-Street Breakout (FXSE) - White Gold Pearl/Starfire Black
(SOLD) 2014 CVO Breakout - Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange with Abyss Black Graphics
Bassani Pro-Street Turn Outs
S.E. Pro Super Tuner

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »

Years ago I had the local HD shop in Maryville TN(SMHD) do the 110 upgrade kit straight out of the catalog on a 2009 CVO Fatbob with a V&H Propipe and they did the tune. I have been very satisfied with the bike. 120TQ and 111hp. The bike really comes on after 3500rpm but I was very impressed with the low end that still has plenty of guts.

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »

I did like you before I talked to Doc.  Let Harley talk me into a Super Tuner.  Big mistake.  I let the loss of the money for the Harley tuner just be a lesson in my CVO experience and bought the TTS and let Doc do the rest.  Have never looked back.  The $$$ was just a small price for the lesson learned.  Before I do any powertrain changes, I call Doc. :)
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 09:19:04 AM »

We reccomend that our clients contact their local tuner, and use what they suggest, that way, they'll get the best the tuner has to offer them.
Scott

2015FLHTKSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 07:44:41 PM »

I talked to Joe's Motorcycle Repair in Mechanicville, NY when I bought my CVO Limited a few months ago. Didn't do alot to it, just an RC Components Tru Duals and a PC V tuner which Joe recommended. Dropped it off the other day and got a call this afternoon telling me he was done tuning it. He got 103hp and 124 tq out of it. Everyone I talked to recommended Joe. Can't wait to twist the throttle.

We reccomend that our clients contact their local tuner, and use what they suggest, that way, they'll get the best the tuner has to offer them.
Scott

mr.coole

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 10:45:38 PM »

picked up my scoot today ( 15 cvo limited ) from the local moco , they just installed my stage three kit with full sack header and 2.25 cores dyno'd @ 104 HP & 118 TQ , rode it home 90 miles i have to say i was quit pleased . not as loud as i thought it would be but sounds angry when you twist on it.

Hogster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide Silver
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King #548 of 900 Anniversarry
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »

picked up my scoot today ( 15 cvo limited ) from the local moco , they just installed my stage three kit with full sack header and 2.25 cores dyno'd @ 104 HP & 118 TQ , rode it home 90 miles i have to say i was quit pleased . not as loud as i thought it would be but sounds angry when you twist on it.

Congrats! Did you get a Dyno sheet?
2015 CVO Street Glide
113"
GMR 600 CAM
10.7:1 Comp
58MM Elliptical TB
AIM SDR Clutch
D&D Boarzilla Exhaust

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 11:21:41 PM »

what cam comes in this kit? any other details on this kit
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 10:10:19 AM »

what cam comes in this kit? any other details on this kit

It's in the SE Catalog.  Basically, you get the SE259e cams, 10.5:1 compression pistons, and perfect fit pushrods.  Unfortunately the kit also contains the SEPST, so for those who already have a tuning package or prefer to use a different one I'd suggest either having the dealership remove the SEPST and credit you the full retail value, or just buy the parts you actually need and forget the kit.  As some have already noted, there are many other options from the aftermarket.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »

'Had the SE Stage III (108/119) in the '09 SERG for > 11k miles, I liked it (the stock 255s didn't suit my style at all ~ I preferred the 259s being a little softer on the bottom and revving out further).

You might speak with Steve at GMR as he seems to have the 113s dialed in these days, and are probably not much more $ (if any?) than the SE Kit...

Doc is a good one, so are John Sachs and Kirby (Pro Drag). All are relatively close to you.

Whichever way you go, don't forget the S&S Lifters...

"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.