Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Has anyone done a S.E. Stage 3 Kit for the 110?  (Read 10538 times)

SmokeEm

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FXSBSE - Sold
    • CVO2: 2017 FXSE (CVO Pro-Street Breakout)
Has anyone done a S.E. Stage 3 Kit for the 110?
« on: March 05, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

I'm trying to get some input on adding some more H.P. and torque to my FXSBSE. I don't know whether to go with the S.E. 110 Kit, S.E. parts separately or some other aftermarket alternatives.
Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
2017 CVO Pro-Street Breakout (FXSE) - White Gold Pearl/Starfire Black
(SOLD) 2014 CVO Breakout - Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange with Abyss Black Graphics
Bassani Pro-Street Turn Outs
S.E. Pro Super Tuner

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Has anyone done a S.E. Stage 3 Kit for the 110?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 07:28:04 PM »

The answer for more power, torque, and less PMS lie in the aftermarket.  ;)
John

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »

I'm trying to get some input on adding some more H.P. and torque to my FXSBSE. I don't know whether to go with the S.E. 110 Kit, S.E. parts separately or some other aftermarket alternatives.

"Some more" isn't exactly illuminating.  Expand on that to include how you ride, where you want the power in the rpm range, how much of an increase you want, and what you are willing to trade off.  After all, there aren't many choices that are all positive and no negative, if you know what I mean. 

I know there are people around here that did install that kit, and from what I can remember of their posts several were less than impressed with the final numbers after reading the hype from H-D.  This kind of thing is all about the entire system (including exhaust and tune), not just a couple components out of a catalog.  Talk to some real professional engine builders once you've nailed down exactly what you want to achieve and how much you want to spend.  We've got some pretty sharp ones on this site who are normally more than willing to help.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SmokeEm

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:19 AM »

Thank you Jerry, I know what you're saying about being more specific. I ride mostly around town, bar hopping, and we occasionally run maybe 50 miles from home to go to a gathering or just exploring. It's not the best long distance runner. I've got to say when riding, the bike lives in the 2000-4000 RPM range. It's got good power now, I just want a little more and I like the seat of the pants feel of torque, horsepower doesn't give you that same feel. The service manager at the dealership has given me a few options. The kit, not his favorite, using individually selected S.E. components, better results or sending the motor out to T-Man Performance and letting them work their magic but, I'm just not sure I want to spend that kind of coin on the bike so I guess I was hoping some of you guys on here had done some upgrades that netted you good results without investing major coin.
Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
(SOLD) 2014 CVO Breakout - Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange with Abyss Black Graphics
S.E. Pro Super Tuner

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »

A change of cam and a retune will likely be all that is required to get you what you want. A lot of bang for the buck. There are several cams that fit the bill with stock compression such as the GMR 577, Tman TQ555. Stay mild, ~240° duration, and you will get the punch you want without the PMS. If you want over 120hp then the whole build needs to be addressed, but this can be a top end only deal. Can't see what you have for Air Filter in the photo but a SE Heavy Breather works pretty well, the CVO rectangular AF used on some models not good.

georgw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »

You are 82 miles from Doc's ,,,Nuf said
  http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/

SmokeEm

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »

A change of cam and a retune will likely be all that is required to get you what you want. A lot of bang for the buck. There are several cams that fit the bill with stock compression such as the GMR 577, Tman TQ555. Stay mild, ~240° duration, and you will get the punch you want without the PMS. If you want over 120hp then the whole build needs to be addressed, but this can be a top end only deal. Can't see what you have for Air Filter in the photo but a SE Heavy Breather works pretty well, the CVO rectangular AF used on some models not good.
Thank you, I'm toying with bumping up the compression to 10.5:1 and the air cleaner is the S.E. Heavy Breather Elite that came stock on the bike.
S.E. Pro Super Tuner

SmokeEm

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:58:27 AM »

Thanks, I'll call them and see what their thoughts are. I've never heard of them but from what I read they definitely know what they're doing. This is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get, the shops and people who have no allegiance to the S.E. brand so you can get unbiased advice. I was shocked that my dealer recommended someone outside and wasn't just trying to cram S.E. parts down my neck, but we have a great relationship so I don't have issues with trusting them, I just want to know what my options are. I have no problem using S.E. parts, but I don't know if they're as good or give as good a result as another brand.
S.E. Pro Super Tuner

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »

i went the Tman rout, very happy with the out come,  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

WildWes72

• Git-R-Done....
  • Full CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: CVO Breakout
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 08:28:27 AM »

I'm running the stage 3 kit with SE259 cams and HC pistons. I only went that route because the dealership said they would warranty the bike (Got it in Writing).

I love the set up, good mid range and anything over 3200 rpm hold on. I'm happy with it so far, but as most gear heads " I want more". It a fun bike to ride and look good doing it.

There allot of options out there and given the chance I might have done something different. For the most part happy with the results. I found out real quickly don't chase the numbers, all I got at 4000 feet elevation and 100+ day was 95/95. Talk it up, get some good ideas and pull the trigger.  :2vrolijk_21: 
2014 CVO Breakout, Sedona
V&H 2-into-2 BCM Baffels
High Comp 10.5: 259 cam
Dynojet PV/Autotune Pro

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Progressive Mono Tubes, Klockwerks 8.5; Heads By TMan, Rinehart True duals, TTS Mastertune By Doc's
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG Hard Candy, Crusher Tridents, Fulsac X, TTS Mastertune by Docs Performance
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 11:43:35 AM »

Good catch...georgw221, didn't notice his location. Yep....give Doc a call, he can handle what ever you decide to do.
Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Live for Today.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 03:19:47 PM »

Fellow forum member Lever, has a reliable rockin' 110" we did the machine work/engine combo. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 10:20:59 AM »

If you are going to use Doc give him a call.. You may learn something about who"s kit is a total PIA to tune, where Doc has had to fight the build.. or who"s kit is a extremely nice well rounded kit that in the end will be a better option..   The tuner is the last guy in line to have to deal with the kit.. Great person to talk to..
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »

Fellow forum member Lever, has a reliable rockin' 110" we did the machine work/engine combo. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

mr.coole

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 12:46:25 AM »

I'm putting the Harley SE stage 3 kit with a FullSac s/s dx header on my 2015 CVO limited. Dropping it off at HD in the morning. supposed to be ready for me to pick thursday afternoon or Fri. morning. I will post an update as soon as i get it home its a 90 mile ride and i should have an honest opinion of what i got for my money by then
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 24 queries.