Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: walterboro s. c. on i 95  (Read 5105 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
walterboro s. c. on i 95
« on: March 08, 2015, 05:45:46 PM »

don't ever get off at this location for gas or anything!!!
on my way to daytona  stop to get gas, i have never seen so many cops , there were stopping ever or the  car for something, it was the craziest seen i ever seen, in the middle of the day, if it were night time they would have gotten everyone, they even had  a swat team there!!

gas

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
Re: walterboro s. c. on i 95
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »

What the hell else they got to do in Waltersboro. Had a cop tell me if I had cash I could settle the ticket right there. I'll COUNTINUE TO STAY CLEAR OF WALTERBORO, besides might be a 15 year old warrant waiting for me.  :nixweiss:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »

don't ever get off at this location for gas or anything!!!
on my way to daytona  stop to get gas, i have never seen so many cops , there were stopping ever or the  car for something, it was the craziest seen i ever seen, in the middle of the day, if it were night time they would have gotten everyone, they even had  a swat team there!!

gas
sc is a factory out let for state troopers :party2: :bobby: :stop: :bobby: :stop: :bobby: :stop: :bobby: :stop: :bobby: :stop: :bobby: :stop:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »

Worked in Colleton County for 4 years back in the day....never had a problem. It's you fareners that have to be on your P's & Q's. County's largest income was Law Enforcement income, not the Highway Patrol, the locals. That way they didn't have to split with the State.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 08:29:56 PM »

Walterboro is not as bad as the Manning area just 50 miles north. From Manning south to Santee is ticket alley. We natives and long time residents know to stay  under 80 and stay ticket free. There have been gang related problems in Walterboro over the past few months and that could be why the overload of HP and Swat. Crips and Bloods feuding.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 08:53:08 PM »

Back in the early 70s I spent a couple of years stationed at Marine Corps Air Station, Beaufort, SC.  Walterboro brings back memories.....several young ladies from Walterboro had a thing for the Marine Corps fly boys.  :P   

Faded memories.....forgot about that many years ago until I saw Walterboro mentioned here....thanks a bunch for jogging those memories. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16:09 AM »

Back in the early 70s I spent a couple of years stationed at Marine Corps Air Station, Beaufort, SC.  Walterboro brings back memories.....several young ladies from Walterboro had a thing for the Marine Corps fly boys.  :P   

Faded memories.....forgot about that many years ago until I saw Walterboro mentioned here....thanks a bunch for jogging those memories. :2vrolijk_21:

Back in the day (before Santini ~ politically correct) growing up in The Lowcountry was quite interesting...

I remember watching the brown shoes come off the deck in tandem (MAS Beaufort)  in the F-111s and doing 2 corkscrews before the treeline while the landing gear was retracting...

'Had some training in PI in the mid 70s

Recently Walterboro has been noted as improper gun sales to the NE...

The Old Sheldon Church has always been a special place for me...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 07:52:37 AM »

Walterboro is not as bad as the Manning area just 50 miles north. From Manning south to Santee is ticket alley.
Mike

A big 10-4 to that one, good buddy....

Coming in from N. Augusta, on hwy 78 then to hwy 61, I believe it was the lovely towns of Blackville, Denmark and Bamburg you were at or below the speed limit no matter the time of day...local LEO's loved handing out those "good driving" awards.  The Low Country in general is not the best place to be speeding whether you be on county, state roads OR on the Eisenhower Interstate system... :2vrolijk_21:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

A big 10-4 to that one, good buddy....

Coming in from N. Augusta, on hwy 78 then to hwy 61, I believe it was the lovely towns of Blackville, Denmark and Bamburg you were at or below the speed limit no matter the time of day...local LEO's loved handing out those "good driving" awards.  The Low Country in general is not the best place to be speeding whether you be on county, state roads OR on the Eisenhower Interstate system... :2vrolijk_21:
soundss like you may have contributed to the state of $C well being!

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »

soundss like you may have contributed to the state of $C well being!

I'll take the 5th on that one..... ::)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »

Looks like some of you ride as fast as your angels will allow.  ;)  Might want to take a look at this thread for a radar/laser detector....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=99998.msg1294833#msg1294833

Just sayin I haven't got a ticket since got one.   :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »

Every ticket I have ever gotten was when I was running a radar detector.  Now I keep it under 80 on the interstate or no more than 8 over the posted speed limit. Works like a charm, so far.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 02:08:01 PM »

Every ticket I have ever gotten was when I was running a radar detector.  Now I keep it under 80 on the interstate or no more than 8 over the posted speed limit. Works like a charm, so far.
Mike

Yea, like most electronics, the radar/laser detector has came a long way in the past few years.

So curious Mike.....what speeds were you running before?  ;D

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 04:33:51 PM »

Mike
Do about the same... most (disclaimer: I did say "most") LEO will not stop you unless they clock you at over 10 mph or more. I should add that when I ride w/them (and they are on their service motors) we go as fast as we want/can. ;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 06:29:58 PM »

My last ticket was on the way to Maggie Valley last year. 88 in a 55.  Guy felt sorry for my dumb a$$ and dropped it to 69 in a 55.  I was lucky he didn't have to haul me in.

Radar detector wouldn't have helped, I was enjoying the ride so much I didn't even notice the blue lights behind me, he pulled up beside me and hit his siren. I saw him then.   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:12:45 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 24 queries.