Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SESG - What exhaust set did you choose, why, and how do you like it?  (Read 6333 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: SESG - What exhaust set did you choose, why, and how do you like it?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 09:29:08 PM »

Fullsac, you can't go wrong.  I have had it on four bikes now, including my built 13 SERK and my 15 SERG.

I have also put it on my wife's last two street glides, and now on her 15 Road Glide Special.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 08:45:53 PM »

Don,
Is there a noticeable difference between the 2" and 2.25" baffle sound wise? Are you happy with this set up vs the older FullSac setup you were running?

Thanks, Erich

Cant give an accurate description of sound or power, as i just installed the exhaust and haven't tried it out yet. In the shop, everything sounds loud. Part of the reason i went with the 2 1/4" this time, is that i wanted it a little louder, and as the wife bought her own bike, she cant complain about it. And the other reason is that i plan on adding a set of andrews cams to it, which should work better with the bigger cores.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »

I know you said you don't want a 2-1, but I did the Dragula 2 from Dragos (with the ghost pipe) and I'll probably never use anything else. Guys look at my dyno print and insist I must have done cams when all I've done is the pipe and tune. The sound is really deep at idle and gets louder and muscular when you roll on it. It also has a big strong look. Still, the Fullsac is a nice product, too. I don't know anything about the FP3. I did the SE Super Tuner (formerly Race Tuner) because I was getting it dyno tuned and that was what the tuner knew best. I would say more people on here recommend the TTS, but both get plenty of love. BTW Dragos is also a vendor on here. He had a discount on the new Dragula, if you change your mind on the 2-1 give him a call.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:36:58 PM by Puma »
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 10:10:52 PM »

Just got my Fullsac DX pipe, 2.0 cores and screens, with the TTS and map installed this week. Took me a solid afternoon to do it simply because I didn't have the correct grinding bit for my drill. I really cant believe the significant difference in performance. For seat of the pants, its a big change from stock and I really like it. The 2.0 baffles are about as loud as you want to go if you enjoy your stereo. I'm actually surprised how loud it is and I'm used to open pipes on my previous backyard choppers. I'm plenty happy with the upgrade!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »

I know you said you don't want a 2-1, but I did the Dragula 2 from Dragos (with the ghost pipe) and I'll probably never use anything else. Guys look at my dyno print and insist I must have done cams when all I've done is the pipe and tune. The sound is really deep at idle and gets louder and muscular when you roll on it. It also has a big strong look. Still, the Fullsac is a nice product, too. I don't know anything about the FP3. I did the SE Super Tuner (formerly Race Tuner) because I was getting it dyno tuned and that was what the tuner knew best. I would say more people on here recommend the TTS, but both get plenty of love. BTW Dragos is also a vendor on here. He had a discount on the new Dragula, if you change your mind on the 2-1 give him a call.

That looks great  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:36 AM »

I bought Rinehart 4" slip ons with the chrome end caps.....and after tons of reasearch and videos and opinions, I called Fuelmoto and went with the Vance and Hines Power Duals and a Power Vision with a custom tune from them.   The guy had mentioned that the have done this combo a lot and the have a map the would be within 95% of perfect....which is good for me because I don't want to put a brand new bike on the dyno and pummel it for that 5% when im pretty sure the dealer can't tune as good as Fuelmoto.

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 06:19:26 PM »

You can't go wrong with Fullsac. I tried both the 1.75" and 2" cores with headpipe & TTS tune on my 2011 FLTRUSE. While the performance was outstanding and they sounded pretty good for cruising ..........on a long road trip we took in 2012 (15,000 miles) ....the "110 pounding sound" a CVO motor produces finally got to me. Perhaps it had something to do with a loss of tolerance at the ripe young age of 70 lol ::).

My new 2015 FLTRUSE sounds pretty decent with the stock exhaust, but I'm looking for a bit more. Thinking of the Screaming Eagle High Flow Exhaust System with Nightstick Mufflers (part #64800022). I'd love to hear from anyone with any knowledge or experience with that system.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.