Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SESG - What exhaust set did you choose, why, and how do you like it?  (Read 6334 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I have to buy my exhaust set up this week, and I've been going back and forth....

I know that a 2 into 1 is a better performer, but even with a ghost pipe, I don't want to go that route.

I was thinking...

Vance and Hines Power Duals with the OS 450s
Fuel Moto full set up witht the 2 into 1 into 2 and their Pro Touring mufflers
Vance and Hines Dresser duals with the OS 450s
As for the tuner, I'm really interested in the Vance and Hines FP3....the Power Vision and Race Tuner are options too.

What are YOU running, why and how do you like it?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:01:08 AM by Fired00d »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: SESG - What exhaust set did you choose, why, and how do you like it?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:25 AM »

A 2 into 1 for performance......was the old days.  You can get good performance out of the exhaust you have on your bike (and none better looking!) by just changing the baffles.  And, it's a whole lot less money!  :2vrolijk_21:  I'll bet it's the #1 exhaust system on the CVO 110's.   
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=100919.0

Go with the Fullsac head pipe, baffles, air cleaner and tuner and be done with it.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »

Go with the Fullsac, you won't be sorry  :orange:

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »

i had the fullsac since new worked great, sounds good,,,now i have a dragos2 on it, sounds real good (a bit louder) havent got it on dyno yet but it seems more responsive all thru the rpm s. the fullsac is for sale & IS probably the best bang for the bucks, i just cant leave any thing alone thats why i changed it out
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »

I went with the fullsac DX head pipe with 2" cores, tts, and their map on my last bike, and now DDX head pipe with 2.25" cores, tts, and their map on my new bike. Part of the reasoning on the first bike was cost and the included map,. But after seeing how well it worked and sounded, i went with it again. PLUS, it made no sense to me to buy an exhaust that uses their own shields, when i could buy one that used my existing ones.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:09:32 AM »

Many options.....

I've been looking as well. The V&H set up's you list at a discount price will run you $1000 up to and just over $1100 with no tuner. Some prices I have found:
Power Dual head pipe $494
Dresser Duals $399
OS Titan $611
Monster Rounds $599

A full Rinehart system the Tru Dual Extreme runs around $1100 and the Slimline $1060. Rinehart mufflers $650.

The more I see these prices the more inclined I am to buy again from FullSac. I had an older X Pipe I believe it was and a set of 2" baffles with the TTS Mastertune with a download from Steve and the bike ran great and had a good exhaust note. Listed below are the current prices listed on the FullSac website and the parts list I will most likely purchase soon. I am not sure if a CVO Fourm discount still applies, anyone? If you have some tools to swap out the baffles (Video on Youtube) install a head pipe and upload a tune from a laptop this is a great option and will save you some money! I included the 2.25" baffle as a personal preference for some added bark, the 2" will give you a bit more power.

CX Head Pipe $479
2.25" baffles $139
Muffler Sleeves $59
TTS Mastertune $445

Just my 2 cents.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 11:13:26 AM »

I went with the fullsac DX head pipe with 2" cores, tts, and their map on my last bike, and now DDX head pipe with 2.25" cores, tts, and their map on my new bike. Part of the reasoning on the first bike was cost and the included map,. But after seeing how well it worked and sounded, i went with it again. PLUS, it made no sense to me to buy an exhaust that uses their own shields, when i could buy one that used my existing ones.

Don,
Is there a noticeable difference between the 2" and 2.25" baffle sound wise? Are you happy with this set up vs the older FullSac setup you were running?

Thanks, Erich

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »

I have the Fullsac stainless DX pipe, Rinehart 4" mufflers, TTS and map from Fullsac.

I was considering the Fullsac baffles. Honestly at this point I think I would have been as happy or possibly happier with them. At the time I found the Rineharts for $550 so I jumped on them first and installed them. I just could not ride the bike with the stock mufflers. The one time I rode it with them (during break-in) I could not hear where the RPM's were and found I was going over where I should be for break-in. This is besides just wanting it to sound better.

Now with the full setup above I am very happy with performance. I am very happy with sound when I am wearing a half helmet. With a fullface helmet there is just too much reverberation for my taste. That is why I say I may have been happier with the Fullsac baffles. Fortunately I have the stock mufflers and can do that anytime in the future. I may just quit riding in the 27 degree weather when I am inclined to wear the fullface, or wear full mask and half helmet. Wearing the half helmet makes it a completely different (outstanding) experience with this setup.
Hope this helps.

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 01:43:49 PM »

I have to buy my exhaust set up this week, and I've been going back and forth....

I know that a 2 into 1 is a better performer, but even with a ghost pipe, I don't want to go that route.

I was thinking...

Vance and Hines Power Duals with the OS 450s
Fuel Moto full set up witht the 2 into 1 into 2 and their Pro Touring mufflers
Vance and Hines Dresser duals with the OS 450s
As for the tuner, I'm really interested in the Vance and Hines FP3....the Power Vision and Race Tuner are options too.

What are YOU running, why and how do you like it?

Thanks!
[/quote
I have on my 2015 SGSE the Fullsac DX headers  , V&H HO muffler and TTS master tune and Steve map , the sound is great deep rumble and very good performance  , great customer services . You will not be sorry
Good luck

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Sold
    • CVO3: 1997 FLSTS Sold; 1991 Sportster Sold
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 03:54:04 PM »

I did the 2.25" Fullsac cores on my '08 SERK with TTS. It ran well for 45000 miles when I sold her to buy the 15 SESG. I installed the 2" FS cores and screens on this SG for better performance and a slightly more tame sound on the slab. I also installed the Fullsac DX headers and TTS MT2 with Steve's tune for this build. She is now the best running Harley I've had in 25 years. I was blown away by how tight Steve's tune is. I don't think I will even bother to do any tuning runs myself.

IMHO the 2" core has the perfect blend of performance, sound, and price. As others have said, why replace the beautiful stock cans when all you really want is to replace the baffle with something that will let her breathe. Once you realize that, you may as well use the headers from the same company.   Yes, Fullsac still provides a discount for forum members so make sure you ask. My entire kit cost about $1,100: DX header, 2" cores, screens, and MasterTune2 with cables.

If you're like me you'll do the work yourself. I enjoy the wrench therapy, know it's done right, wand there are no unexplained scratches that always seem to appear when I let a dealership touch my bike. There are some great videos on the web if you google it.
Good luck!  Let us know what you choose.
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »

I have the Fullsac stainless DX pipe, Rinehart 4" mufflers, TTS and map from Fullsac.

I was considering the Fullsac baffles. Honestly at this point I think I would have been as happy or possibly happier with them. At the time I found the Rineharts for $550 so I jumped on them first and installed them. I just could not ride the bike with the stock mufflers. The one time I rode it with them (during break-in) I could not hear where the RPM's were and found I was going over where I should be for break-in. This is besides just wanting it to sound better.

Now with the full setup above I am very happy with performance. I am very happy with sound when I am wearing a half helmet. With a fullface helmet there is just too much reverberation for my taste. That is why I say I may have been happier with the Fullsac baffles. Fortunately I have the stock mufflers and can do that anytime in the future. I may just quit riding in the 27 degree weather when I am inclined to wear the fullface, or wear full mask and half helmet. Wearing the half helmet makes it a completely different (outstanding) experience with this setup.
Hope this helps.

I'm looking into doing the DX header, 2" cores, screens, and MasterTune2 as well, you emphasized stainless DX pipe is there different versions, I didn't see that on their web site the pipe looked black and I thought I read somewhere that it is ceramic coated??
also they show two options 12mm O2 or 12mm & 18mm O2 which one is needed for the 2015 FLHXSE CVO

any help would be greatly appreciated
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 05:26:50 PM »

I'm looking into doing the DX header, 2" cores, screens, and MasterTune2 as well, you emphasized stainless DX pipe is there different versions, I didn't see that on their web site the pipe looked black and I thought I read somewhere that it is ceramic coated??
also they show two options 12mm O2 or 12mm & 18mm O2 which one is needed for the 2015 FLHXSE CVO

Your '15 has 12mm O2 sensors.

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »

Fullsac.  Great stuff.  I actually run an S&S head pipe but would go Fullsac next time.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 07:58:01 PM »

Hey Eagle1. It is best to give them a call. For one you can ask and get the discount for being a CVOHarley member. I believe they still have two DX pipes... steel, and stainless. I also believe you can get either one ceramic coated. With the new shower head I didn't think I needed to bother with the ceramic coating which basically helps keep it cooler. The new stainless has only the new style o2 sensors. As mentioned in previous post they are: "Your '15 has 12mm O2 sensors."

Call them they are very helpful.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 08:16:08 PM »

Hey Eagle1. It is best to give them a call. For one you can ask and get the discount for being a CVOHarley member. I believe they still have two DX pipes... steel, and stainless. I also believe you can get either one ceramic coated. With the new shower head I didn't think I needed to bother with the ceramic coating which basically helps keep it cooler. The new stainless has only the new style o2 sensors. As mentioned in previous post they are: "Your '15 has 12mm O2 sensors."

Call them they are very helpful.

Thanks brothers,  :2vrolijk_21: I'm going to do just that give them a call and get it ordered
Toes in the water, ass in the sand
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.541 seconds with 24 queries.