Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Wild One  (Read 1443 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
The Wild One
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »

Well I finally watched the movie "The Wild One", 1953. Not sure what I thought of it. Nostalgiclly I guess it is entertaining. Everytime I watch a black and white movie I think about how innocent and more simple things were back then...at least to me. I mean back then we all knew the bad guys were the Russians. Mainstream vices was alcohol and cigarettes. And Dad worked while Mom stayed home. My how things have changed.
Oh yeah...I didn't notice one Harley in the movie.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: The Wild One
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:02:50 AM »

Now fast forward to Easyrider.  :2vrolijk_21:  Then fast forward to the Wild Hogs.  :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 09:31:59 AM »

If your a reader get the book The Original Wild Ones. True stories and interviews of the original and founders of the Boozefighters that were the base for the movie. Our own Panhead Jimmy was one of the writers.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 09:59:11 AM »

Well I finally watched the movie "The Wild One", 1953. Not sure what I thought of it. Nostalgiclly I guess it is entertaining. Everytime I watch a black and white movie I think about how innocent and more simple things were back then...at least to me. I mean back then we all knew the bad guys were the Russians. Mainstream vices was alcohol and cigarettes. And Dad worked while Mom stayed home. My how things have changed.
Oh yeah...I didn't notice one Harley in the movie.

Now get Robert Mitchum's Thunder Road
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 10:32:24 AM »

If your a reader get the book The Original Wild Ones. True stories and interviews of the original and founders of the Boozefighters that were the base for the movie. Our own Panhead Jimmy was one of the writers.

Around 2003 a girlfriend and I rode PCH from San Francisco to San Diego.  We made a stop at a bar in San Diego and met a member from a support club of the Boozefighters.  Long story short, we ended up partying with Snowman the Pres and some members at his house.  Learned the history of the Boozefighters from the Man himself.  He was an awesome host and they had great stories.  The next morning when we left I was given a pin for my jacket.  I know there's plenty of negative stories of M/C's and I am not part of any group in any way but I have to say they were good guys and aside from a night of great stories, hard partying and nice place to crash it was no different then hanging with my friends.  Good times, from a great time in my life. 

There's also a documentaries on the History Channel.  I'm sure if you search the web you can find it.

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »

favorite bike movie Stone Cold it's funny badass all the BS love the party with dragracing and fighting for your entertainment, and the biker funerals pretty cool too.
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 04:37:57 PM »

On our ride out west in '13, we spent a week or so around Hollister for an appointment that Jim at Metal Dragon scheduled for us to have a seat made at Corbin, and the World Superbike Races that happened to be at Laguna Seca the next weekend. Johnnies Bar & Grill became ground central for us on the first day. Johnnies is a home to the Boozefighters and a few other clubs.

The Boozefighters (all that we met were younger) were great to hang with. Great folks keeping up the tradition!

When "The Ball & Chain's" helmet was stolen off the bike parked 1/2 block down from Johnnies, the Boozefighters put more effort into recovering the helmet than the cops did (to no avail).

One of the Boozefighters asked me to hang out for a few, and came back 20 min. later, his Old Lady gave "The Ball & Chain" a brand new full face helmet, and refused any $$!!!

They were all a class act, we will never forget the hospitality that they all showed us :2vrolijk_21:

"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 24 queries.