Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best ECM Tuner for SE High-Flow Exhaust System #64800022?  (Read 4274 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Best ECM Tuner for SE High-Flow Exhaust System #64800022?
« on: April 04, 2015, 10:44:06 PM »

Looking for tuner advice if all I'll do to my 2015 FLTRUSE is install the Screaming Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Nightstick Mufflers (Part # 64800022). Thinking about buying the tuner now to improve (enrich) the stock map, then use it again later after installing the complete exhaust system. Although the bike sounds pretty good for completely stock right now, the sound is a bit too tame and we'd appreciate a bit more assertive note which the street legal high-flow exhaust system promises.

Primary usage is for extended touring. Would the SE Pro Super Tuner make sense? Appreciate your thoughts ;D!
Dennis
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Best ECM Tuner for SE High-Flow Exhaust System #64800022?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 11:03:49 AM »

Since you are using all Harley parts, there is probably a simple download that will work.

pat1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 05:07:29 PM »

Find a local tuner and ask his advise. Don't rely Internet sales prople or Internet shops. All they want to do is sell you parts.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »

Thanks Nicky ......I'm certain there is an appropriate map available from the flash tuner I choose to purchase now. We all know the new bike's stock ECM map is tuned excessively lean for EPA emission reasons ...and I want to fix that now so the bike runs cooler/better. The question is .....which EFI tuner is the logical choice to pair with the H-D High-Flow exhaust system which will be purchased later this year?

When purchasing Fullsac, the TTS Master Tune is offered as a package and seems the natural choice. The Fuelpak FP3 is offered as the logical choice when purchasing Vance & Hines slip-ons. Fuel Moto offers seven different choices .....yikes!! Presumably the SE Pro Super tuner is a better choice than the Street Performance Tuner which might be too limiting. Then there's the Dynojet Powervision PV-2 at $500 ...WOW! I wonder if having a technician tune it for me would be more cost effective? Haven't purchased anything yet ........looking for some clarity from those who've "been there ...done that" :)!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 06:14:38 PM »

Trigger, 

We have the same bike.  I installed the Fullsac Stage 1 kit with the TTS tuner, stainless DX headpipe and 1.75" baffles w/ screens and packing a few weeks ago.  I had the opportunity to test it against a friend's new CVO Limited and ride both extensively with impressive results.  See here for details:  Re: 2015 RGU: I'm Blue... So Blue...    The bike has run flawlessly since.  I emphatically recommend you call Fullsac and talk with Steve or Cammy.  Good luck!     :2vrolijk_21:

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »

Trigger, 

We have the same bike.  I installed the Fullsac Stage 1 kit with the TTS tuner, stainless DX headpipe and 1.75" baffles w/ screens and packing a few weeks ago.  I had the opportunity to test it against a friend's new CVO Limited and ride both extensively with impressive results.  See here for details:  Re: 2015 RGU: I'm Blue... So Blue...    The bike has run flawlessly since.  I emphatically recommend you call Fullsac and talk with Steve or Cammy.  Good luck!     :2vrolijk_21:

GK
Nothing like a happy customer with a great running bike. I agree with TTS as the best option.
Careful with all the advertising hoopla out there.
IMO tuners should be the go-to guys for tuning device advice NOT forum keyboard jockeys selling folks on "screwdriver tuners" or addon doodads that give nothing to tune quality.
As always, JMHO,
Bob

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 02:29:55 PM »

Nothing like a happy customer with a great running bike. I agree with TTS as the best option.
Careful with all the advertising hoopla out there.
IMO tuners should be the go-to guys for tuning device advice NOT forum keyboard jockeys selling folks on "screwdriver tuners" or addon doodads that give nothing to tune quality.
As always, JMHO,
Bob

You mean the new V&H FP3 is not the best tuner on the planet???  I agree the " works great from one guy " is not a sales point for me on a tuner. I see what they can do and how they work and tuners know the areas they miss and the limitations of them..
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 02:42:53 PM »

You mean the new V&H FP3 is not the best tuner on the planet???  I agree the " works great from one guy " is not a sales point for me on a tuner. I see what they can do and how they work and tuners know the areas they miss and the limitations of them..
What I've found over the years is:
What you ride today is the best you've experienced. Once it gets a proper recalibration for your bike and IT'S idiosyncracies you will find out what your "tuned" buddies were talking about.
I love technology...it's the doodads I object to, especially when the claims are so rediculous.
Bob

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 02:49:52 PM »

Trigger, 

We have the same bike.  I installed the Fullsac Stage 1 kit with the TTS tuner, stainless DX headpipe and 1.75" baffles w/ screens and packing a few weeks ago. .............  I emphatically recommend you call Fullsac ........
GK

Thanks so much Greg. I've used the Fullsac headers, 1.75" & 2" cores and TTS on my previous bike, a 2011 FLTRUSE with outstanding performance results. Steve was wonderful to work with and I highly recommend his system to others. While the Fullsac sound was very nice for shorter rides, I couldn't handle the 110's signature "hammering" on a long road trip. Might have something to do with the fact I've had my Senior Pass for National Parks for quite some time now LOL ;D.

I continued to experiment and found the Kuryakyn Mellow Crushers to sound equally good and be a bit more tolerable on long rides. The new SERG sounds "okay" in stock setup, but want something in between stock and Fullsac. I'm thinking the SE High Flow setup might be the answer. I'd also be able to tune it by varying the number of discs :)
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 07:29:34 AM »

"I'd also be able to tune it by varying the number of discs "

Might want to check out the E Series system from Fuel Moto. If the tuner is proficient with TTS or SESPT, either one will give you a better/cooler running machine. A properly tuned bike is worth the $$ and effort IME, even if left stock. 
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 02:56:14 PM »

A properly tuned bike is worth the $$ and effort IME, even if left stock.
True words spoken by an owner with firsthand experience with tuned and untuned bikes!
Bob

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 20 queries.