Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New C&C Forward Solo Seat  (Read 2260 times)

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
New C&C Forward Solo Seat
« on: April 10, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »

Needed to get closer to the ground so I could flat foot.  The stock seat is amazingly comfortable, but probably lifts me up by 2 inches compared to this C&C seat.  At 5'6" I need the help with a 29" inseam.

As for comfort, I have no idea but it most assuredly won't be as good as the stocker, but we shall see after Saturday when I do a 3 hour ride out to Cologne, Germany.

Wife gave me that weird look when she saw the passenger pillion.  lol

This seat did save me about $900 as I don't think I need to buy the 12" shocks and front lower fork springs.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: New C&C Forward Solo Seat
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »

Needed to get closer to the ground so I could flat foot.  The stock seat is amazingly comfortable, but probably lifts me up by 2 inches compared to this C&C seat.  At 5'6" I need the help with a 29" inseam.

As for comfort, I have no idea but it most assuredly won't be as good as the stocker, but we shall see after Saturday when I do a 3 hour ride out to Cologne, Germany.

Wife gave me that weird look when she saw the passenger pillion.  lol

This seat did save me about $900 as I don't think I need to buy the 12" shocks and front lower fork springs.

Looking forward to your report. Same height. I have a reduced reach that I had modified for 2 up long trips with memory foam inserts from Meancity but I need a better solo seat. The stock seat is too wide and could be a bit shorter.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »

After 5 hours in the saddle today I think it is fair to report that this C&C Forward Solo is worth the purchase if you want to gain better control of the bike at a stop because you are vertically challenged.  The seat was more comfortable than the stock FLHX seat I have used on my previous bike.  Still not as comfortable as the stocker, and I was missing the heated seat tonight.

All in all I think it was worth the purchase.  Saved me from buying lowering shocks and fork springs plus install.

Some photo's from tonight:

https://500px.com/photo/104641705/captivating-by-robby-haugh

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »

Looks Great and it works !!!!
DND

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.