Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: zumo 660 power issues  (Read 896 times)

96cubes

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

zumo 660 power issues
« on: April 27, 2015, 07:52:51 AM »

I have a 2011 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide.  My GPS seems to only be running off battery power.  Does anyone have suggestions on what I may need to check?

Thanks, in advance.
96cubes

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: zumo 660 power issues
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:14:07 AM »

Check the fuse. It is located on the end of the GPS's mount/wiring harness. Depending on who installed it they may have tapped into the cigarette lighter or ran the lead back to the battery. They may have tapped the headlight power or a number of other power sources. The wiring harness will split 3 times so you end up with 4 leads. One for power it's easy to identify as it is red with a fuse holder. You will have to remove the fairing and then just start tracing the large cable that comes from the GPS's mount. Like I said it will start off as one cable and split 3 times.

you see the cable after the first split. The power cable is the one hanging you can see the fuse.
Ride It Like You Are Retired

barrhill

• barrhil
  • Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 CVO RK gold and copper
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO RGC maple
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO RGC mako shark fade
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »

check the small pins making contact on the back. On my 390LM one of them would not extend out all the way all the time finally bought a new power cord ...it drove me nuts :(
2019 road glide Mako 2012 road glide  in maple , GMR 117,600 gmr cams , fullsac pipes and slipons , S&S crank and oil pump , TTS ,Barnett scorpion , 58mm oval HPI ,DD7   2008 CVO road king in copper with 16 apes ,fullsac baffles, SE tuner

96cubes

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 04:13:04 PM »

I took it to the dealer, they still have it.  Took it in for another issue, but told them to fix the GPS also.  Waiting on a part, but said its covered under the ESP.

thanks for the help.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.