Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old versus new led's  (Read 1973 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Old versus new led's
« on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:39 PM »

Pulled my old truck light led headlight and side lights off my 06 today. Debating whether to reuse on the 09 or buy the newer versions.

What do you think. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
Re: Old versus new led's
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:16:56 AM »

If you like the look and were happy with them why not, save yourself a few bucks!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 09:31:36 AM »

If they were on a red bike the resultant rejuvenative effects of that close proximity to this rehabilitative colorative would allow for reuse in perpetuity.  The resultant concomitant degenerative result of the converse proximity to all other negative colors, however, are so damning and damaging to output, capability and scent that you might as well bin them.  Unless, of course, they might be resurrected by a subsequent reinstallation in to a red bike.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »

If they were on a red bike the resultant rejuvenative effects of that close proximity to this rehabilitative colorative would allow for reuse in perpetuity.  The resultant concomitant degenerative result of the converse proximity to all other negative colors, however, are so damning and damaging to output, capability and scent that you might as well bin them.  Unless, of course, they might be resurrected by a subsequent reinstallation in to a red bike.

Huh?  :D

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 10:42:54 AM »

:-\
I would conclude that (like me.......and it appears maybe you too),  that his favorite color for a scoot is red.  Likewise, his usage of 50 cent words suggest a better than average vocabulary and that he got beyond the 12th grade at least. :nixweiss:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 07:50:06 PM »

I think he means installing them on a blue bike would slow said blue bike down  ;D
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 10:11:01 PM »

Pulled my old truck light led headlight and side lights off my 06 today. Debating whether to reuse on the 09 or buy the newer versions.

What do you think.

Chains if you want a set of Phase 7 headlight and passing lamps let me know as I will be posting them for sale tomorrow. I also have the HD chrome visors for all three as well.  :)
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

ONE2BAJA

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2023 CVO Road Glide FLTRXSE Dark Platium 121vvt
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 10:30:03 PM »

Definitely putting light on a colorful subject!
"The difference between success and failure is the ability to work with a hangover"

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 08:40:21 AM »

What do you think.

Don't buy a new phase 7 yet.  If you want to try one, I'll ship you the one I just pulled off Ginger to install the HID's.  The phase 7 was in great shape and you are welcome to it.  Saves you some money and no sense it sitting in my basement wasting away.....let me know...

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.