Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO owners like my fake CVO  (Read 6911 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: CVO owners like my fake CVO
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »

Jswerve, I tried to get you the hookup when you bike broke down in Columbus Indiana last year, but I was a day late, but I tried, I wasn't a bit suspect when you sent the call out for assistance when you had your trouble, hope things are going better!
We made it home the next week. 6500 miles on her since.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:37 AM »

Interesting as I have been to thunder beach rally several times.  I go with another person with a CVO, and see a few while there.  Maybe 5 or six at one place at the most.  I am sure there could be many more there.  I have seen lots of CVO's at in Daytona but the there was a meet that was posted on here before it happened.

Horsepower inc must be a new vendor there, as I have not seen them at Thunderbeach, Its been two years since I have been able to go and the rally is growing.  I do like their throttle bodies, as I have one of their 55 HPI on my 13 CVO.

I worked with the Tech from Thundermax while I was there, he hooked up my bike and worked for over an hour getting my Thundermax the best settings, one thing I learned is how our bikes are starved from air due to the throttle bodies, I see you have solved that problem, my question to you, is the throttle body worth the investment? The Thundermax maps the Tech showed me says mine was starved for air. The HPI tech did a comparison with the stock throttle body, SE throttle body and the HPI throttle body, both the SE and the stock throttle bodies went from 50MM down to 31MM, whereas the HPI stayed at 55MM, this has to make a big difference in air!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 09:03:36 PM »

I worked with the Tech from Thundermax while I was there, he hooked up my bike and worked for over an hour getting my Thundermax the best settings, one thing I learned is how our bikes are starved from air due to the throttle bodies, I see you have solved that problem, my question to you, is the throttle body worth the investment? The Thundermax maps the Tech showed me says mine was starved for air. The HPI tech did a comparison with the stock throttle body, SE throttle body and the HPI throttle body, both the SE and the stock throttle bodies went from 50MM down to 31MM, whereas the HPI stayed at 55MM, this has to make a big difference in air!

I have not had an issue with any of my CVO's with 110 engines and the 50mm throttle body being starved for air with just a high flow air cleaner and exhaust system.  My bike have been tuned by what is arguably one of the best tuners out there.

I when to the HPI 55 with my 13 SERK due to 10.5 to 1 pistons, 259E cam, head work for both flow and final compression of 10.8 to 1, valves, springs, woods roller lifters, 5.3 injectors.  The intake manifold is a 58mm.  Zero issues with fuel flow.  Heck this bike is the smoothest running and riding harley I have ever had.  Other than much more power than stock, it rides like stock but smoother.

Miss the power and smoothness when I hop on my 15 SERGU.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »

I have not had an issue with any of my CVO's with 110 engines and the 50mm throttle body being starved for air with just a high flow air cleaner and exhaust system.  My bike have been tuned by what is arguably one of the best tuners out there.

I when to the HPI 55 with my 13 SERK due to 10.5 to 1 pistons, 259E cam, head work for both flow and final compression of 10.8 to 1, valves, springs, woods roller lifters, 5.3 injectors.  The intake manifold is a 58mm.  Zero issues with fuel flow.  Heck this bike is the smoothest running and riding harley I have ever had.  Other than much more power than stock, it rides like stock but smoother.

Miss the power and smoothness when I hop on my 15 SERGU.

Dave I'm having my HPI installed next week, can't wait, my heads were done like yours, had woods lifters installed, stock injectors, cams TW-8-6. Mine runs smooth, but the air is an issue that will be fixed, thanks for the comments on your bike!

BCKNBLK

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 06:24:02 PM »

I have the HPI 58mm TB on my 2011.  I love it - perfect combo with the high flow injectors, TW9B-6 cam, ported, polished and reverse decked heads, etc...definitely heard and read nothing but good things about their TB's.
Bruce
2011 CVO FLHXSE2
112.89HP/105.20TQ

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »

Thanks Bruce, one good thing about HPI is there local for me, when I stopped by their shop, they stated take the old TB off bring it in, wait, and we'll put the the OEM parts into the HPI TB, and be on my way.
Did you do this yourself or did a shop do it?
wonder if all I need to do is loosen up the gas tank or remove it totally?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.