Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Help me identify a bike please.  (Read 7446 times)

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
Re: Help me identify a bike please.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 07:56:32 AM »

it looks like a dresser standard to me and thoses do look like road king custom wheels like so one else said so it would be a 88 inch but that looks like a carb bike to me l think l can see a fuel petcock valve on it all cvo were fuel injucted by then

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 08:19:21 AM »

Based on the VIN, the bike is a standard FLHT (DD VIN code).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 09:22:33 AM »

Thanks for all the info.  It's one of those deals where the bike was the prized possession of the man who passed away.  I'm getting the information from my girlfriends son who is dating the grand daughter.  I'm trying to be careful how I handle the value of it.  They know I will be buying to resell. They are the second owners of the bike and I really don't know for sure if they did all the extra work or bought it that way?

In my area ( SE Iowa ) a bike like this will fetch $9000 to $11,000.  Just can't buy much that's decent for less in a touring bike around here.

My guess is she is going off how much they have in it and maybe they've had it a while?  Or someone uneducated close to her thinks Harley's still hold their value like they used to.

I will give as much as possible to help out but I did tell them to try and sell it themselves for a while to hopefully get top dollar.  You never know right!
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

AustinSwitchblade

• TX

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 03:43:58 PM »

You say you buy and sell bikes at a dealership and you couldn't tell? Smh...
2001 FXDWG2 and others

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 07:57:02 PM »

He didn't say a Harley Dealership...   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 08:29:02 PM »

He didn't say a Harley Dealership...   :nixweiss:
Your right on, he said someone was trying to sell it to him as he buys and sells bikes. No mention of being at a Harley dealership.  He had an honest question as he is not familiar with the brand.  That's what the forum is for to help those that need help.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:51:50 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

AustinSwitchblade

• TX

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 09:31:50 PM »

Lmao!
2001 FXDWG2 and others

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »

2006 Ultra, nothing wrong with buying anything if you can make a couple of grand on the flip. Those rims are from a Road Glide model they made for a year or two. It was the one with the  little chrome visor on top of the headlight. I don't see any switch for heated seat which is on the clutch side of my 09, also the hand grips do not appear to be heated. Like some of the other guys said it is a dressed up version of an Electraglide .Also they never came with front fender chrome if I remember correctly. Buy it for 8K flip it for 10,500. My friend from and his son will buy any car that is mechanically sound, detail it and flip it or a thousand or so profit. Not bad for a tune up and some good detailing work. I  might do that myself when I retire in about 18 months or less I hope. I may be off on some of the above, but that is not a CVO. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 09:34:30 AM »

2006 Ultra, nothing wrong with buying anything if you can make a couple of grand on the flip. Those rims are from a Road Glide model they made for a year or two. It was the one with the  little chrome visor on top of the headlight. I don't see any switch for heated seat which is on the clutch side of my 09, also the hand grips do not appear to be heated. Like some of the other guys said it is a dressed up version of an Electraglide .Also they never came with front fender chrome if I remember correctly. Buy it for 8K flip it for 10,500. My friend from and his son will buy any car that is mechanically sound, detail it and flip it or a thousand or so profit. Not bad for a tune up and some good detailing work. I  might do that myself when I retire in about 18 months or less I hope. I may be off on some of the above, but that is not a CVO. CAHDBIKER

The rims also came stock on the FLHS. Which this bike is. It is still a nice looking bike but a little salty on the price.

Good luck with the purchase.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 09:41:14 AM »

Lmao!

Why?  I seem to remember you posting what I thought was a rather dumb question about trying to find a battery that wouldn't short out against the battery cover on your bike some time back, but I don't remember anyone laughing their azz off about that.  For someone who can't figure out how to measure and compare simple dimensions and specs, laughing at a guy who owns a car dealership and has a question about the lineage of a bike someone is trying to sell to him seems a bit much.  You owe him an apology, but I seriously doubt he'll get one.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 10:27:59 AM »

I do own a car dealership and sell around 6 to 10 Harleys a year. I am one of the few dealers in the area who will trade for them. I didn't get my first Harley until 2006 so I'm not real familiar with the older CVO's.  I was pretty sure this wasn't a real CVO but the gauges and paint got me curious and the limited pictures I had made it more difficult.

I haven't heard back from them yet and since this is a sad circumstance I hope she's able to sell it herself and get a good price.  If not I will step up and pay as much as possible.  If I make a small profit and help her out that's fine with me.  Touring bikes in this price range around here are hard to find.

I was happy to find out the bike has a Harley paint set.  Thank you!  If I decide to pay a little more than I should the paint set will help me get a little more when I sell it. 

2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »

Thanks for all the info.  It's one of those deals where the bike was the prized possession of the man who passed away.  I'm getting the information from my girlfriends son who is dating the grand daughter.  I'm trying to be careful how I handle the value of it.  They know I will be buying to resell. They are the second owners of the bike and I really don't know for sure if they did all the extra work or bought it that way?

In my area ( SE Iowa ) a bike like this will fetch $9000 to $11,000.  Just can't buy much that's decent for less in a touring bike around here.

My guess is she is going off how much they have in it and maybe they've had it a while?  Or someone uneducated close to her thinks Harley's still hold their value like they used to.

I will give as much as possible to help out but I did tell them to try and sell it themselves for a while to hopefully get top dollar.  You never know right!

I don't live in Iowa but if I did you seem like the kinda dealer I would buy from. Our bikes are more than just transportation as you know and we always, ALWAYS, think it's worth more than it probably is. When we are gone, our survivors have to part with something that they know we valued greatly and were emotionally attached to. You are treating this family with a lot of respect and I personally do appreciate that a lot.

Thank you.

Cam

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2015, 11:02:15 AM »

I've bought a lot of CVO stuff off of ebay and sold some too.  Sold a set of guages when I switched to Dakota Digital guages.  A lof of imitation CVOs out there.  Jon (Jonga) had an older Street Glide painted to match the CVO paint job....a few years before he ended up with his CVO Ultra Classic.

Again, it is a nice looking bike and for what it is......I'd say it's in the top drawer of the 04 Electra Glide Classics.  It should sell for a bit more than a regular Standard of the same year that doesn't have the limited paint and all that extra chrome.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »

Didn't the cvo bikes have hydraulic clutch exclusively??

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2015, 08:06:27 PM »

Didn't the cvo bikes have hydraulic clutch exclusively??

Starting in 2003 the hydraulic clutch was standard on the CVO Bikes. The part number was 45380-2.  It was standard on the V Rod from the start. In 2005 they went to DOT 4 fluid and it has stayed that way. I have a FXDWG3 and it does not have it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:34:28 PM by DCFIREMANN »
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.