Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Crank end play.  (Read 9175 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Re: Crank end play.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

Having a heck of a time getting my $1500.00 Rivera Primo clutch to work. Brand new clutch and it was slipping under load.  Like a nice solid roll on on the highway. So apart it came and we found the stack was under the lower limit. So we called Rivera and sure enough it was not put together correctly from the get go.  So, a bunch of new parts were shipped up including 3 new steel plated 0.100' to replace three  0.080 plates to bring the stack up to speck. When the box arrived my needed 3 steels were not in there. A error in picking the parts at Rivera left me holding the bag.  >:(  So more calls and now they are over knighting my steels. I cant wait to check out the new comp and get a dino tune done and start ripping around. We are leaving for Tail Of the Dragon on the 28th.  I hope all is fixed by then.

As for the end play, turns out its way under the maximum allowable speck so we are not worried about it.   
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »

Who is doing the dump?  Bruce Roy at DYNOTUNES?
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 09:10:08 AM »

Bruce is retired form tuning. Last I heard he was selling his set up. To be honest he seemed very tired of the hole thing.  He would dino tune a bike in 20 to 30 min flat towards the end there.  No the best results if you know what I mean.  We now use Don Morris in Mount Hope, in  Hamilton.   905 679-2237   Heading there next week. From what I hear he is supper meticulous.  Takes north of 3 hours per bike, test rides in the end and does final touch ups to make it perfect.  Finally, some one who actually gives 2 sh$%#ts. 

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »

Bruce moved his shop last year to his house. Spoke to him a couple of weeks ago to service my bike.  He's outside of Hamilton so a bit of a hike for me coming from downtown Toronto. I always had good service from Bruce.

I have heard very good good things about Don over the years. I'm sure you will be happy
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 08:19:59 PM »

Bruce moved his shop last year to his house. Spoke to him a couple of weeks ago to service my bike.  He's outside of Hamilton so a bit of a hike for me coming from downtown Toronto. I always had good service from Bruce.

I have heard very good good things about Don over the years. I'm sure you will be happy

If you are in the city you are missing out on the best shop around. It's not Bruce.  Its Aviation Motorcycle Company.  Run by a awesome Builder named Raph Croll. He is the best in the city hands down. 416 477-7089  or 416-219-9779  He is at Lake shore and Cauthra. Just a block east on the south side.  Raph Builds for Don and fixes all the other builder's mistakes. When stuff springs a oil leak, they all come to Aviation to be fixed right. Check him out, I cant say enough.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.