Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Boom 1.19.0 is available  (Read 59346 times)

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
Re: Boom 1.19.0 is available
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »

High,

I understand what you are getting at. I know you are only trying to help. My thought process is this: take the 20 people as an example. Out of that 20 lets say 7 had the dealer do the update. Seven different dealers. The other 13 did it on their own. Thirteen different people using 13 different computers, etc, etc. Seven different dealers and 13 different people can't all be doing it wrong. Are some (including the dealers)? Absolutely. My perception of your opinion is that since half are working and half are not, the half that are not are "wrong" (did something wrong). I just cannot see that logic.

I have a Dodge truck with a fancy radio in it. There is a recall to have it fixed yet mine has never had an issue. Does this mean they are all okay? Does it mean they are all broken? No. It means some of the software/hardware is corrupt/malfunctioning and some are not. I currently have work vehicles with specific problems. No matter how many times they have "repaired" said vehicles, the problem continues. I have 3 of these specific vehicles, 2 have the ongoing problem, one does not. Could it be different components were used between the ones that are broke and the one that is not? Is it possible that Harley used a certain part in some or most of the radios before switching to the same part but a different manufacturer? Maybe this could cause the "some work and some do not" issue. I don't know. I'm just a bug man. The only thing I know for absolute certain is that my dealer updated my radio and the AVC, although better for me, does not operate as it is intended. I'm not worried about it. They'll get it right eventually or like the head leak on my 07, I'll just trade up when they don't/can't and I'm ready.  :drink:

Rob
Hi Rob, my point is that unlike hardware that can be different as you point out, software is IDENTICAL! Everyone using the same update has exactly the same software. Software will always do the exact same thing over and over. It does not change on its own in this case.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »

I'm going to give it another try...

When everyone downloads the update it comes across as a whole bunch of 1's and 0's. If you were to print out all the 1's and 0's and place a copy on the seat of the 2015 FLHXSE on the left and another copy on the 2015 FLHXSE on the right and then ask yourself the question... "So the bike on the left has a problem with AVC, and the bike on the right does not. What could be wrong? What is different between the two bikes causing this problem?" First off you would probably discount the identical printout of 1's and 0's sitting on the seat (representing the update software). You would probably say " Since that program is exactly the same, it must be something external to the program that is different." Some input external to the program must be different between the two bikes. Now that could be a whole range of things including user settings, and user operation as Boatman put forward. I don't know what it is. I do know that it must be something external to the 1's and 0's that everyone is supposedly downloading and installing in the bike.

That is why I have been saying look elsewhere in the settings, hardware etc. Ironically, it may be in the end that it gets fixed in another update, where enough robustness is included to handle out of spec sensors or whatever. Then everyone can just say "I knew HighOnHD did not know his a$$ from a whole in the ground!!"  :orange:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2015, 09:31:59 PM »

Whether they're uploading or not, I wished MoCo would have added and auto zoom feature when coming up on a turn, especially in cities. Being the lead bike out of 5 pulling off the freeway in downtown San Antonio with traffic behind you and trying to see the turn (remember, don't trust the bitch in the box as I've seen it try to send me the wrong way more than once) on a zoomed out screen makes things a little hairy.  :'(
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »

Whether they're uploading or not, I wished MoCo would have added and auto zoom feature when coming up on a turn, especially in cities. Being the lead bike out of 5 pulling off the freeway in downtown San Antonio with traffic behind you and trying to see the turn (remember, don't trust the bitch in the box as I've seen it try to send me the wrong way more than once) on a zoomed out screen makes things a little hairy.  :'(

Amen Brother!!

The Garmin had the auto zoom tied to your speed and with lane assist worked well.

Has it been confirmed with this update that the "bitch in the box" can now read the map?  On my last trip prior to 1.19.0 update....the map showed right turn but the manuver stamp and voice prompt want a left turn.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:19:18 AM by Cat Eye »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2015, 08:29:30 PM »

Amen Brother!!

The Garmin had the auto zoom tied to your speed and with lane assist worked well.

Has it been confirmed with this update that the "bitch in the box" can now read the map?  On my last trip prior to 1.19.0 update....the map showed right turn but the manuver stamp and voice prompt want a left turn.

Same here. Haven't had a chance to check this after the latest update though. Will report back when I do.

Rob

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »

Amen Brother!!

She still can't read. I have the 1.19 on mine when we went on this trip. We were heading west into Waco and needed to get on 35 south. Arrows on the bottom told me to get on 35 north.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:10 PM »

She still can't read. I have the 1.19 on mine when we went on this trip. We were heading west into Waco and needed to get on 35 south. Arrows on the bottom told me to get on 35 north.

Thanks....this is good to know

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2015, 12:41:28 AM »

I upgraded the infotainment system on May 22nd and all seemed fine. However, I noticed that the system doesn't always boot up when trying to turn on accessory mode. I have to turn on the ignition switch, then turn it off and that will then allow me to activate the accessory mode. This doesn't happen every time but it's enough to know that this is an error within the upgrade.

I've also had trouble turning off the system while it's in accessory mode. I have to power down the infotainment system from the hard button on the dash. The screen will change to the HD logo and clock. I then turn on the ignition switch, turn off the ignition switch and that will power down the entire system.

Quirks are common with technology and often frustrating, but for me the sounds and features outweigh the quirks. Looking forward to the next update.
I wrote about this issue a few weeks ago. I also read that at least one other member had a similar experience. I learned tonight that switching to my spare FOB solved the problem. I was trying to get a USB stick to show Playlists and my wife was nearby talking with me. She noticed the alarm didn't seem to be responding properly to the presence of the FOB. On her suggestion, I retrieved the spare FOB and removed the other from the area. Presto, the accessory switch worked! Maybe a low battery in the FOB? The darn thing is only three months old. Maybe MoCo was clearing old inventory when they put the battery in my FOB? I'll switch it out this weekend.

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2015, 12:54:51 AM »

Put me down for no AVC after the latest update........

AND, my home button on the left grip seems to have turned into a mode switch
2015 CVO Road Glide

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »

The home button on handlebars can be made a mode switch by setting something to "CLASSIC" I believe. Somewhere in set up...
Will

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

I just updated mine....I can't believe how much I like the bike remembering where you left off.  It always used to defualt to radio...I think.  The high contrast colors hurt my eyes!

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »

The home button on handlebars can be made a mode switch by setting something to "CLASSIC" I believe. Somewhere in set up...

I remember seeing that, too bad it doesn't move the cruise control back to the right side where it was for 100 years........
2015 CVO Road Glide

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2015, 10:39:59 PM »

Any one have any issues after having their radio updated?  My speed volume control still doesn't work right but now I keep losing the ability to have volume control and sometimes when I push the home button instead of taking me to the home screen it will bounce to the next sound source, I/E go from media to tuner to XM.

Sounds like you might be in Classic mode.  Go into Settings and de-select Classic mode.
'20 FLHTKSE

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2015, 06:27:02 AM »

I agree on moving of the cruise switch. Wonder who thought of that?

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2015, 09:25:44 AM »

I agree on moving of the cruise switch. Wonder who thought of that?

I heard someone the other day saying they were glad they moved the cruise switch because they couldn't reach it without taking their hand off the throttle??
I've got ape fists, short fat fingers, and I never had an issue reaching the old switch. the new one is harder IMO.
2015 CVO Road Glide
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.