Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dumping the FuelPak - Going with Pc-V  (Read 7612 times)

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
Re: Dumping the FuelPak - Going with Pc-V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »

So am I reading this correctly?  SEPST has a record function, and then later after you ride some in record mode, you can take that data home to manipulate and then reflash the ECM?  It says on the website that you dont even need a Dyno..  Surely this cant be true.!!
GLen

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »

Not to be critical here but you realy need to go to a tuner and speak at length with him regarding what a tuner, whether it be a V&H, Power Commander or Mastertune TTS does. You really do not, from your posts, sound like you understand this. All of them can be used without a dyno, just don't get the results you would if a tuner, using a dyno did a personal tune.
If you are really only worried about cost, call Fulsac and talk with Steve, he will sell you the TTS and give you a program he has developed for a bike like yours, if he has already dyno'd one in the past. Not that this would be as good as doing your personal bike, but close. And although the TTS costs more than the PC5 you would get the program or map for free. Once again if all you are worried about is cost, this would be cheaper than paying a tuner several hundred to tune your $278 PC5.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 05:35:07 PM »

Not to be critical here but you realy need to go to a tuner and speak at length with him regarding what a tuner, whether it be a V&H, Power Commander or Mastertune TTS does. You really do not, from your posts, sound like you understand this. All of them can be used without a dyno, just don't get the results you would if a tuner, using a dyno did a personal tune.
If you are really only worried about cost, call Fulsac and talk with Steve, he will sell you the TTS and give you a program he has developed for a bike like yours, if he has already dyno'd one in the past. Not that this would be as good as doing your personal bike, but close. And although the TTS costs more than the PC5 you would get the program or map for free. Once again if all you are worried about is cost, this would be cheaper than paying a tuner several hundred to tune your $278 PC5.

:2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 11:45:07 PM »

Sadly, you're mistaken.  I do know exactly what a tuner does and how it affects the bike.  I just don't know the individual features that each was has over the other.  I was merely asking for clarification.  I do intend to get a dyno tune, but I still also like the ability to tinker myself as well.  I digress...my fuelpak sold yesterday and I've removed it.  A few other items sold on eBay as well.  I am ordering the fulsac true dual conversion and a tuner.  I don't know if it'll be tts or pc-v yet...but it will be one of those and a dyno.....
Glen

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 10:12:30 AM »

Sadly, you're mistaken.  I do know exactly what a tuner does and how it affects the bike.  I just don't know the individual features that each was has over the other.  I was merely asking for clarification.  I do intend to get a dyno tune, but I still also like the ability to tinker myself as well.  I digress...my fuelpak sold yesterday and I've removed it.  A few other items sold on eBay as well.  I am ordering the fulsac true dual conversion and a tuner.  I don't know if it'll be tts or pc-v yet...but it will be one of those and a dyno.....
Glen

FWIW:
Steve at Fullsac may have a package deal available aka "Blue Light Special"/Memorial Day Sale. 😃😃😃

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 09:45:38 AM »

The fuelpak is gone.  Oddly enough, I rode all weekend without it and had nary a problem, other than the obvious slight increase in heat and other things, it was actually a good ride.  I rode upwards of 800 miles throughout the weekend.  I think I have a rear wheel bearing going out though.  Gonna have to tackle that now. 

So I am really kinda still up in the air on the tuner.  For the money, I lean towards the PC-5.  But for as many good reviews I see for it, I also see as many for PV and TTS. 
I am dead set on the Fulsac True Dual conversion kit though.  I have some thinking to do. 

EDIT:  After reading a bit more about the Powervision, it really looks like a better choice, but the best price I can find is still $430.00!!  I can get the PC-V for $280.00.  So if I want to get my pipes and a tuner, I either wait (likely all riding season) and save up, or get the pipes and the PC-V instead of the PV.  I guess I could get the pipes and ride and then get a tuner during the off time. 

Glen
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:13:40 AM by adkg12 »

bkervaski

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »

If you have a buddy with a PowerVision, give him $100 to add your VIN then borrow it and take it to your local tuner and give it back when you're done.

That's what we do :)

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »

Sounds like a great plan.  Sadly, I don't know anyone that has one personally...
Glen

bkervaski

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »

I think the PV is the best option overall out there and it's the most widely supported by tuners ... might be worth the extra $$$ in the long run.

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 12:53:18 PM »

I might be inclined to agree with you.  Just means I am going to have to wait a bit longer.
LOL
Glen

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 11:09:16 PM »

It's decided.  I'm going with fullsac true duals and power vision. 
Thanks for all the input!
Glen

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 08:55:03 PM »

why did you choose to get rid of the fuel pak, and was it the fp3
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 09:44:05 PM »

It was an older fuel pak.  They do not make an fp3 for my bike.  I got rid of it because it's not precise enough for my configuration.  My bike has a noon standard setup.  Otherwise it was great on my last bike..
Glen
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 25 queries.