Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Dumping the FuelPak - Going with Pc-V  (Read 7523 times)

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
Dumping the FuelPak - Going with Pc-V
« on: May 22, 2015, 09:26:51 AM »

So I am putting my current V&H FuelPak on ebay (unless someone wants it here LOL).  I am kind of worried that I wont be able to find a canned map to run until I get to the Dyno but I am going to go for it.  I found it online for a great price ($278.99 shipped).  I think this is going to be better for me in the long run and overall.  I hate the thought that its permanently bound to this bike though.  Do they offer a license purchase later or is it there forever?  For those that are using PC-V, what was your experience with Pc-V?

Thanks..
Glen

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
Re: Dumping the FuelPak - Going with Pc-V
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:51 AM »

A PCV is not married to a specific bike.  It's an add on device that could be transferred to a different bike if desired.  While the PCV is better than a fuelpak, it's nowhere close to a real tuning device such as SEPST, TTS, or Powervision.

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:02:46 AM »

+1
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »

Thank you for clarifying.  You are correct.  I'm going to stick with the pc5.  I have a friend I ride with that installed it in his victory and he said it's a new bike!  Anything has got to be better than what I'm using.  I'd still like to hear from others...
Glen

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »

Thank you for clarifying.  You are correct.  I'm going to stick with the pc5.  I have a friend I ride with that installed it in his victory and he said it's a new bike!  Anything has got to be better than what I'm using.  I'd still like to hear from others...
Glen

The PC-V is slightly better than the stuff put out by the pipe company's, but if you want to do it right you need to get a real tuning solution that flashes your ECM, not another add-on box like the PC.  The PC is very limited in what it can do versus something like a TTS.  Why go through all this stuff you've gone though with the FP all over again, rather than just do it right the first time?  If you think you're going to be able to just buy a PC and use one of the canned maps from their site, that's not much different than buying a Fuel Pak and thinking their supplied settings are all you need.  I think you already learned about that one.

Bite the bullet, search your local area for a really good full time professional tuner, and talk to him.  Forget all the advertising crapola claims about the add-on box solutions.  You have a very capable ECM with closed loop functionality, and you don't need add-on stuff, you just need the stock setup tuned properly.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 12:36:52 PM »

As I understand, you can tune, with a dyno and technician, just fine with pc 5.  Am I missing something?  My friend had his dyno'd with a pc 5....
Theres a huge price difference with the other tuners and that's obviously important in my case.  It's still better than fuel pack as I can adjust pure cylinder and timing.
Thanks for your input..
Glen

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »

Been running the PC-5 on my SE-5 since 2010,  Never a problem, had it dynoed at that time and have been happy and trouble free since then.

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 12:43:43 PM »

Been running the PC-5 on my SE-5 since 2010,  Never a problem, had it dynoed at that time and have been happy and trouble free since then.
Thank you for chiming in...
Glen

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 12:56:17 PM »

Glen

I'm in a minority here as I'm running the PC-V / Auto on the 117 and am very happy with it!

Although my reasoning for selecting the PC-V / Auto might be different than the majority seeking Tuning options. 

From  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=91650.0 post 214. "I took that into consideration when selecting the PC-V/Auto, as my nearest Top Tier Tuner is Oasis Cycles 300mi, Doc is 400+... I wanted to make sure that all the Components we selected were "playing as planned" and not making 600-800mi. round trips, if (Component) changes were required..."

The PC-V by itself is all open loop, the AutoTune module adds closed loop (I'm a fan of closed loop)

The '09 SERG had a FuelPak when I got it, the FP was fine with me but wouldn't support the mods I had planned.

It depends on the mods (or planned mods) to your '07... Depending on your situation / objectives, you could be better off with a Flash type Tuner as others here have suggested...

fwiw; "My Bud with a Victory" would not carry that much weight with my purchasing decisions on my Harley... That being said, there are probably more PC-Vs out there than all other Tuners combined.   
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:59:56 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »

fwiw; "My Bud with a Victory" would not carry that much weight with my purchasing decisions on my Harley.
I can agree with that sentiment to some degree, but he was just someone I know personally.  I am also basing it on the 100's of others that are using it and love it, like it, and have had no issues.
But you are right, in most cases I wouldnt put a lot of weight in that alone.
Thanks
Glen

Johncr

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 02:27:31 PM »

If price is the concern, do mind saying how much you'll have into the PCV? I have and extra SEPST that may not be to much more if at all.

John

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »

I can get the pc-5 shipped for 278.00
Glen

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 03:10:02 PM »

Glen,
Are you planning to get the PC-V Dyno Tuned when it's installed?

Whether you do or not, I recommend that you check the DynoJet website, before purchase, and see if DJ has any Maps for your application, Year, Model, Mods... A good Base Map is crucial.

I was lucky that Oasis gave me a Map for the '09 ECM that neither DynoJet or Fuelmoto had..
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »

Glen,
Are you planning to get the PC-V Dyno Tuned when it's installed?

Whether you do or not, I recommend that you check the DynoJet website, before purchase, and see if DJ has any Maps for your application, Year, Model, Mods... A good Base Map is crucial.

I was lucky that Oasis gave me a Map for the '09 ECM that neither DynoJet or Fuelmoto had..

Great idea, and I did that already.  They have already told me which maps to try, based on my set up, and offered to help in tweaking!
I am on it..  :)
Glen

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 03:30:15 PM »

If price is the concern, do mind saying how much you'll have into the PCV? I have and extra SEPST that may not be to much more if at all.

John

Youre welcome to PM me.. I would still like to hear what you had in mind.
Thank you
Glen
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.