Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reduced Effort Clutch lever Kit - for FXR4: Question  (Read 1003 times)

efurlong

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Reduced Effort Clutch lever Kit - for FXR4: Question
« on: June 11, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »

Hi All, does anybody know (or have used) the H.D. "reduced effort clutch lever kit" in their FXR4? I've used it an 05 Road King (it became standard in 06) - it's very nice. The p/n is 36808-05. The description states it's for all 1999 & forward twin cam models. I'd love to have it installed - but i'm thinking it will not fit. Thought?  Thanks, Ted

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Reduced Effort Clutch lever Kit - for FXR4: Question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 01:42:51 PM »

Can't comment on that particular part...but, I do not believe in giving the MOCO more money to fix an issue that should not even be an issue had they done it right the first time. So....I'm thinkin' of this: http://www.clutchwiz.com/Tech%20Information.htm
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Reduced Effort Clutch lever Kit - for FXR4: Question
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »

Your FXR uses the same clutch spring as a 2000 Dyna, and the same type of ramp system for the release mechanism, but not the exact same part number.  I've seen elsewhere where that kit supposedly works with 1998 and up models, which would include the last year of EVO production as well as 1999 and later Twin Cams.  So I'd say give it a try.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.