Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wiring feed for tacho  (Read 1164 times)

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
wiring feed for tacho
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:01:03 PM »

Already posted about the 124 with carb conversion ... I have a combo tacho unit of which the tacho no longer works.
Is there any wiring bods here who know where to look in the loom for the feed to pick up. obviously the loom is still on the bike and the alarm still works etc ... Its been suggested that I pick up the wire and go from there ... I'm a bit lost , and I'd really like to get the tacho running again . Bike is an 07 softail Deluxe

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: wiring feed for tacho
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 10:19:03 PM »

What is a wiring bod? Is tacho an abbreviation for Tachometer or Tach?

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 06:39:24 PM »

My bad ... Wiring bod ,, any body who's good on wiring ... thought the Tacho term was a common term . but no mind .. yes its a tachometer .. thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »

The ignition and serial data lines are pins 1 and 2 on the speedo and/or tachometer plugs if memory serves.  You're deep enough in to this project you need the wiring diagrams though.  Confirm both the line(s) on the instrument and what is the tach output on whatever ignition system you used as part of your carb conversion.  For that matter we're assuming your chosen ignition system has a tach output.

You're not doing "stock" stuff here.  No one can really know your mix of parts or how to tie them together; especially with the questions as general as you've asked them.

When we retrofit and make things come together that were never initially designed to be together it's up to us in the middle rather than the disparate manufacturers to make the stuff work in concert.  You're at the homework stage as no one else can really know what you've done so far, precisely how you've done or what else has been altered/retro'd to get where you are.

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 10:14:33 AM »

Thanks for the reply , Yes i can appreciate what your saying and of course your right. i didnt want to go into too much detail, as people just wont read it. my ignition is an Altmann which does indeed have a tacho output.. So maybe I can play around with taking that feed directly to the correct pin ....Hope so ..

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.