Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble  (Read 33562 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »

Don I represent ALL of that!!!!!! LMMFAO!!!!! Ok I give. LESSON LEARNED!!!!

Next time I will just go buy a Honda Goldwing!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

OH HELL!!!!! A GW????? While your at it just cut your balls off and throw them in the ditch cause you ain't need'n them on the GW. We know all GW riders are balless bastards with toupees where the ole lady really drives from the passenger pillion.

I too really love the over kill beating you are taking over this issue. Suck it up buttercup, get you wallet out and pay for the chit that happens in life. :D :D

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »

Some folks just can't stand to have their beloved MoCo badmouthed.  I used to get upset when jerks would bash me for not drinking the Kool-Aid, but now I just consider the source(s) and laugh it off.  In this case I have to love how the bashers constantly ignore the part about this being a recurring issue that Harley never fixed during the warranty, even before the rep gave Dawg the service order that had no expiration date on it.  No, all they want to do is bash Dawg because he didn't immediately drop his other plans and take that bike directly to a dealership, in hopes they would finally fix it right.  Dawg, you've got to learn how to grab your ankles and keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself.  Try some Kool-Aid and see if it helps.

Jerry ;D
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 04:38:31 PM »

Jerry I don't think Harley is terribly unique. I doubt that any motor company really loves or cares about the people, it's only the money they crave. Profits are all that matter and pleasing people is only important in the way it correlates into profits. The companies that don't even try to appear to please the customers are destined to loose sales in the long run.

Now jump in here and give the DAWG a bowl of chit.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 04:43:55 PM »

OH HELL!!!!! A GW????? While your at it just cut your balls off and throw them in the ditch cause you ain't need'n them on the GW. We know all GW riders are balless bastards with toupees where the ole lady really drives from the passenger pillion.
I hate to say but this isn't only GW's :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
I too really love the over kill beating you are taking over this issue. Suck it up buttercup, get you wallet out and pay for the chit that happens in life. :D :D

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 05:15:38 PM »

I re-read the original post with all the CapsLock screaming that "I'll never buy another" despite apparently many years and many bikes without any trouble. But now, after one minor glitch that isn't even a towing event, you flop on the floor kicking your feet and screaming like a toddler in a pity fit.
They gave you a reprieve from the warranty clock to save your trip and you didn't give a crap about it when you got back, just hopped a plane and flew off to your other place. It was a choice you made because it wasn't important at that time (according to you). You had to know that you were electing to blow it off at that time.
So now, after nearly a year, you assume that the moco rep gave you a pass good for perpetuity(?)
You say that since it was a repeated issue within the warranty period that they should fix it if it ever happens again. Really? Like, forever?
You say that since you were not using the bike or even in the same residence, that somehow Harley's clock should stand still...because, well, you weren't there, so the calendar shouldn't count..somehow. BTW: that's never ever worked for me; good luck with that claim.
Have you told them that they have to extend your original warranty for the twenty months that you weren't there with the bike over the last couple of years? I mean that would fix everything, wouldn't it?
The thread loses its humor due to pettiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I guess I should think like you...

So I have a 8 year old bike (by choice) that I bought new with the ESP.  It's on radio #4 which is dying again.  Each time the same problem.  The speakers just cut out.  Switch the speaker switch to headset, run it a few minutes, then switch back and I have speakers again.  The ESP ran out last August and I did get 3 years out of this last radio.

So I'm happy.  I mean, it can't be that the MoCo can't figure out anything on its products that have electrons running through it.  I mean, it's not the "ElCo (Electric Company).  It's the MoCo.  And the ESP is up.  Even though each time the item was "fixed" it's broken again in the exact same manner.  It couldn't be a defective design that they didn't want to spend the money to make right.  I mean I should've bought a new bike with no new features for 2k more MSRP each year.  Who expects 8 years out of the most expensive production motorcycle on the road (I don't count repeat customs like Big Dog as production).

I've adjusted my poor thinking and expectations of customer service that made Harley a brand that people would tattoo on their body.  I mean I've worked with complete sniveling whiners like marketing people who have told me that brands drive business so I must be happy because it's a really cool brand with amazing wowee colors and all.  It couldn't possibly be that quality, customer service, an understanding of the lifestyle they served might have created the brand. Nope that brand speaks for itself and I'm just super fine glad damn happy to be ready to buy radio 5 this year since my ESP is done.

Yep.  I'm sure glad to buy Chevy quality and Walmart customer service for Cadillac prices.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »

I re-read the original post with all the CapsLock screaming that "I'll never buy another" despite apparently many years and many bikes without any trouble. But now, after one minor glitch that isn't even a towing event, you flop on the floor kicking your feet and screaming like a toddler in a pity fit.
They gave you a reprieve from the warranty clock to save your trip and you didn't give a crap about it when you got back, just hopped a plane and flew off to your other place. It was a choice you made because it wasn't important at that time (according to you). You had to know that you were electing to blow it off at that time.
So now, after nearly a year, you assume that the moco rep gave you a pass good for perpetuity(?)
You say that since it was a repeated issue within the warranty period that they should fix it if it ever happens again. Really? Like, forever?
You say that since you were not using the bike or even in the same residence, that somehow Harley's clock should stand still...because, well, you weren't there, so the calendar shouldn't count..somehow. BTW: that's never ever worked for me; good luck with that claim.
Have you told them that they have to extend your original warranty for the twenty months that you weren't there with the bike over the last couple of years? I mean that would fix everything, wouldn't it?
The thread loses its humor due to pettiness.

I can promise you I will never buy another NEW HARLEY!!!!! If I would have been told that there was a time limit of 2 weeks, it would have been taken care of. If I had known they were not going to fix it I would HAVE FIXED IT MYSELF!!!! Yes I have the knowledge and the means and a best friend who is a Master Tech for Harley. This apparently is nothing new for Harley. They do it ALL OF THE TIME according to my Friend. It is so bad now that he said he also would never buy another new one. While I have had warranty problems in the past ( nothing major) I have done all of my own repairs. Why you ask??? Because I don't trust the Dealers or the Motor Company. Soooooo even though they extended the warranty for 1 week ( I still had a little over a week left on the original warranty) they really didn't do me any favors. I was on the road for a month. Bottom line is HARLEY DAVIDSON's QUALITY CONTROL SUCKS!!!! So MrSurly please if you ever have a warranty problem that continues till your warranty runs out and it never gets fixed DON'T POST IT ON HERE!!!!! I just happen to know a few people that will have a field day with you!!!!

Now back to our originally scheduled program!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »

[/color]

Dr. D I have sucked it up and I am enjoying life as usual!!!! If I go the extended warranty route all the cost wil be is 50.00. Now all of the Gold Wing comments were unnecessary. Very true but very unnecessary!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2015, 07:01:47 PM »

Some folks just can't stand to have their beloved MoCo badmouthed.  I used to get upset when jerks would bash me for not drinking the Kool-Aid, but now I just consider the source(s) and laugh it off.  In this case I have to love how the bashers constantly ignore the part about this being a recurring issue that Harley never fixed during the warranty, even before the rep gave Dawg the service order that had no expiration date on it.  No, all they want to do is bash Dawg because he didn't immediately drop his other plans and take that bike directly to a dealership, in hopes they would finally fix it right.  Dawg, you've got to learn how to grab your ankles and keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself.  Try some Kool-Aid and see if it helps.

Jerry ;D
[/color][/color]

Thanks Jerry. Hey I am very thick Skin so all of this B/S is just rolling off of my back!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:05:27 PM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »

Yeah, I guess I should think like you...

So I have a 8 year old bike (by choice) that I bought new with the ESP.  It's on radio #4 which is dying again.  Each time the same problem.  The speakers just cut out.  Switch the speaker switch to headset, run it a few minutes, then switch back and I have speakers again.  The ESP ran out last August and I did get 3 years out of this last radio.

So I'm happy.  I mean, it can't be that the MoCo can't figure out anything on its products that have electrons running through it.  I mean, it's not the "ElCo (Electric Company).  It's the MoCo.  And the ESP is up.  Even though each time the item was "fixed" it's broken again in the exact same manner.  It couldn't be a defective design that they didn't want to spend the money to make right.  I mean I should've bought a new bike with no new features for 2k more MSRP each year.  Who expects 8 years out of the most expensive production motorcycle on the road (I don't count repeat customs like Big Dog as production).

I've adjusted my poor thinking and expectations of customer service that made Harley a brand that people would tattoo on their body.  I mean I've worked with complete sniveling whiners like marketing people who have told me that brands drive business so I must be happy because it's a really cool brand with amazing wowee colors and all.  It couldn't possibly be that quality, customer service, an understanding of the lifestyle they served might have created the brand. Nope that brand speaks for itself and I'm just super fine glad damn happy to be ready to buy radio 5 this year since my ESP is done.

Yep.  I'm sure glad to buy Chevy quality and Walmart customer service for Cadillac prices.

EXACTLY!!!!! I love how all of the newbies are busting on me. They have not lived through the nightmare yet!!!! Karma is a bitch!!!!! They better not post about any problems because I will be on them like smell on chit!!!! LMAO!!!! You all know it's a Firemann thing!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »

You likely know about all this already JC.  If not, however, when the radio finishes crapping out (again) do two things. 

1)Make sure the risers bolts aren't hitting the radio.  This is a known issue with a factory service bulletin (that most techs likely never saw).  This minor (road banging radio killing kinetic repetitive impact) touch will cause the radio's planned obsolescence (premature damned death). 

2) Send radio to Iron Cross for repair.  The radios had other issues also, however, that are internal and terminal (they just fu*%g die).  Rather than working through the planned obsolescence steps (repeatedly paying HD until they've obsoleted your parts and you have to buy a new bike) you could just fix it (fix it) by sending it to Iron Cross (Iron Cross).

Iron Cross (Iron Cross [odd how the parenthetic notations for places with logic and common sense and without duplicity are actually just redundant to the original good ideas]) will repair it, well (well), for less than the cost that you'd get a reman'd radio from the MoCo (MoFoCo).

JC, I understand that this process, notwithstanding the practical and fiduciary personal logical, goes against the SOP for maintaining a Harley Davidson Motorcycle and the special relationship (bend over) that must be maintained with the Motor Company.  So it is with some trepidation that I make these suggestions.  If, however, you choose to be a better MoCo rider than I and follow the Company path I do have a suggestion for your radio issues there too.

Buy three radios when this one fails.  You'll then have adequate spares to cover future failures for at least four more years and you'll be investing admirably in all of our shared future mandatory commitment to the Motor Company.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 12:51:13 AM »

Buy three radios when this one fails.  You'll then have adequate spares to cover future failures for at least four more years and you'll be investing admirably in all of our shared future mandatory commitment to the Motor Company.

This is excellent advice!  :2vrolijk_21: 

I carry 2 bottles of Genuine HD 20/20 blinker fluid, 2 1/2 Genuine Screamin' Eagle muffler bearings, a can of HD Twin Cooled headlight refills, 4 Willy G johnson bars, & an auto clutch rewinder designed by Walter's Workshop made from genuine faux unobtanium alloy .  My HD Genuine version 26.4 Screamin' Eagle Failproof Forever Really This Time We Mean It No Kidding compensator has failed twice to compensate properly, should I compensate by carrying 2 extra v.26.5 compensators to compensate for future compensator failure?   

My radio failed once, do not have a spare but am thinking if it fails again would be a good spot for a toaster since HD has that spiffy new Jelly Jar Mirror collection.  Then I wouldn't have to stop for breakfast.  If a Harley part fails, it is a subliminal message from the MoCo that a golden toilet seat at corporate needs replacing, & as Harley owners it is our duty. It was in the fine print of the contract.  I considered buying a Gold Wing also, but am not ready to gouge out my eyes.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »

I carry 2 bottles of Genuine HD 20/20 blinker fluid, 2 1/2 Genuine Screamin' Eagle muffler bearings, a can of HD Twin Cooled headlight refills, 4 Willy G johnson bars, & an auto clutch rewinder designed by Walter's Workshop made from genuine faux unobtanium alloy .  My HD Genuine version 26.4 Screamin' Eagle Failproof Forever Really This Time We Mean It No Kidding compensator has failed twice to compensate properly, should I compensate by carrying 2 extra v.26.5 compensators to compensate for future compensator failure?   

My radio failed once, do not have a spare but am thinking if it fails again would be a good spot for a toaster since HD has that spiffy new Jelly Jar Mirror collection.  Then I wouldn't have to stop for breakfast.  If a Harley part fails, it is a subliminal message from the MoCo that a golden toilet seat at corporate needs replacing, & as Harley owners it is our duty. It was in the fine print of the contract.  I considered buying a Gold Wing also, but am not ready to gouge out my eyes.

I've got a trailer to pull behind the bike but it wouldn't hold all that chit.  It's a good thing I don't have to carry the new style compensators.  Dodged a bullet there....

Also, the Willy G johnson bars are now obsolete.  So it's lucky yours got up your way before they prematurely popped out of inventory everywhere.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 03:59:28 AM »

I've got a trailer to pull behind the bike but it wouldn't hold all that chit.  It's a good thing I don't have to carry the new style compensators.  Dodged a bullet there....

Also, the Willy G johnson bars are now obsolete.  So it's lucky yours got up your way before they prematurely popped out of inventory everywhere.

It's a best practice to tow a bike exactly like mine behind me on trips so can scavenge needed parts.  Works ok until I need a wheel.  Yeah, the Compensator Lottery is not as fun as it sounds.  Am hoping by v 127.8 they get a reliable version.  Good to know on those bars.  Mine are signed & one has the very rare happy face.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 07:33:41 AM »

Iski there is your problem. On Screamin Eagle models (ALL) you MUST use Genuine HD 20/18 blinker fluid!!!!!

Towlane thank you for keeping this thread entertaining!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »

Silliness aside, this problem IS on a bike already covered with an ESP, right?
(In original post)
I don't have an ESP to reference...is this an issue that the ESP would even address?
 If so, then maybe that's an option.
No doubt, there's the "principle of the thing" to get over and the hurdle of the deductible to overcome.

<silliness>
Clearly I can understand why you would *NEVER BUY ANOTHER Harley!!!!* after the excessive hardship and expense they've put you through here.
I'm surprised that you'd even let their dealership have your bike to work on or sell, given the devastation they have piled upon you.
You still have the option of civil litigation(!)

Or the tried-and-true glue some lemons on your clothes and picket!
<\silliness>

Us "newbies" can have opinions, too.  SOMEtimes, we can even be 'right'.
Despite taking a different position than some, I am no MOCO apologist; I'm not offended that someone has a beef with them, and I also despise the downgrading of the bearings/cranks/tolerances/compensators.
My position on your issue is my reaction to what I see as a ridiculous level of OVER-reaction on your part. Certainly, it should never have broken or broken repeatedly. Certainly it should've been fixed... and it might HAVE been if you hadn't waited so long to take it in. Your reaction, though, is seemingly WAY out of proportion to the injury. Punishment doesn't fit the crime; carpet doesn't match the drapes...
Good luck with whatever brand you buy next.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:55:23 AM by MrSurly »
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 21 queries.