Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble  (Read 33532 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2015, 10:01:05 AM »

All the demonizing of success and successful people is really disturbing. It's sad to see where the culture is going in this country.

You know JB I have just kinda shrugged it off. People will have their opinions and that is really what makes the world go around!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2015, 11:22:27 AM »

All the demonizing of success and successful people is really disturbing. It's sad to see where the culture is going in this country.

Yes the criticism of the success is in poor taste and not germane to the issue. The only legitimate negative thing to say about DCFiremans handling of the issue was the time delay and he did explain the reason for that. Wether that still is reason to deny his resolution of the problem can be debated without personal attacks. I do think the delay did not help his case at all and looks to have diminished the seriousness of this complaint.

This one can be argued both ways with some merit. That is my opinion and I respect if you'r view is different.

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2015, 06:56:18 PM »

I stand by what I said.

He didn't care enough  about the problem to take care of it in a timely manner.

If you think that is jealousy or an attack on his wealth, you need to read what I said and try to understand it.

I'm curious if, when he called Harley, he said something like...

"Don't you know who I AM...?   I own Four FOUR cvo's."

Now, after four CVO's, he's going to teach them a lesson and not buy anymore new Harleys.

I sold a kid a car once, and told him if he had any trouble, give me a call and I'll see what I can do.  He called me a year and a half later and wanted me to pay for the battery he had to put in 3 months earlier.

Greg Noller
Sergeant Major
United States Army (Retired)
Round Mountain, Texas
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2015, 07:13:53 PM »

I stand by what I said.

If you think that is jealousy or an attack on his wealth, you need to read what I said and try to understand it.

Now, after four CVO's, he's going to teach them a lesson and not buy anymore new Harleys.

I sold a kid a car once, and told him if he had any trouble, give me a call and I'll see what I can do.  He called me a year and a half later and wanted me to pay for the battery he had to put in 3 months earlier.

Greg Noller
Sergeant Major
Round Mountain, Texas

Ok Sergeant Major (though not sure what your retired senior enlisted rank suddenly has to do with the efficacy of anyone's position), what if that same battery had been giving you some small but persistent problem prior to your selling the car?  But you just never quite got it fixed.  Despite failed efforts at fixing it you tell the (now new) owner that he's free to bring it back to you to further deal with the battery sometime later on.  The battery had acted up before.  You knew it.  You admitted it.  It had been documented.  You didn't tell the kid how quickly he had to bring the battery back to you.  You just said you'd deal with it.

Mike's problem had been recurrent and unresolved under warranty.  While still under warranty it was documented.  The problem persisted.  So the warranty claim was never resolved.  The service rep on the road was really irrelevant to all that except that he was, yet again, further documentation of the still ongoing and unresolved problem. 

Admittedly, if Mike had just been smart enough to spray a little Motorkote on his battery it would have been good.  In fact he might not have even needed gasoline any longer as the stuff is so good it would have provided propulsion all on its own.  But Mike didn't have Motorkote.  So all he had was an ongoing, existing and still unresolved warranty claim that fully pre-dated the expiration of the warranty.

If if was a new failure that happened even one day after the warranty expired and Mike was bitching about the MoCo not fixing it I'd say he was being a whiney sofomoabeach who was asking for something extra (or that he should have sprayed Motorkote on it).  But that's not what happened.  Now, admittedly, Mike is an asshole (hi Dawg), but that is separate and apart from the fact this particular bike problem was a straight up warranty claim that the MoCo had yet to get fixed (and was still responsible for because they had not).

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2015, 09:48:12 PM »

I agree.  It is very sad to see that we demonize hard working successful people.  It is rapidly getting worse in the last 6 years.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2015, 09:49:49 PM »

I stand by what I said.

Now, after four CVO's, he's going to teach them a lesson and not buy anymore new Harleys
.[/font]

Greg Noller
Sergeant Major
Round Mountain, Texas

Well again it really doesn't matter how many I own right now. I never told them that and if I would have said something like that I would have said I have owned 10 or more CVO's. But that was never in question. And I will say it again. I will NEVER buy another NEW Harley. I will buy used and I will continue to ride them. They just won't get another shot at me.

The fact that this was a reoccurring problem and was documented during the warranty period, it should have been taken care of.

Again you have your opinion and I have mine!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

Sorry, but I think this is a petty complaint compared to all the bad compensators, valve guides, and similar.

Also, Harley (and I) probably thought you didn't really care much about the problem if it took you that long to get some free work done.

Four CVO's?  A house on the beach?  I just cant sympathize, sorry.

It's kind of like you sell a guy a bike, he calls you about a problem, you say bring it by and he'll make it right, then you don't hear from him for 10 months.

And I stand by what I said.  Sorry you are clearly Jealous of some one who is successful, and I stand by that observation from your post.  I can read.  When you buy the top of the line product no complaint is petty if its wrong.  Especially when its been warrantied before and fails again while still under warranty. 

His claim, not near as trivial as my tank badge that lifted some on the 09.  Not as trivial as the chrome that flaked on the shifter on my 12.  Yet they were covered.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2015, 09:58:19 PM »

Again you have your opinion and I have mine!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Even if his is WRONG!  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2015, 10:54:53 PM »

DAWG did you get your electrical issue fixed?  Not asking for details, just wondering if you have this issue resolved. 
 :nixweiss:

Reading this thread reminds me that opinions are like a-holes or asteroids.  Everybody has one & some of them are really far out there in space. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2015, 10:16:39 AM »

I will NEVER buy another NEW Harley. I will buy used and I will continue to ride them. They just won't get another shot at me.

THE DAWG

Them is eaten words. :D :D What if they come out with some new color or gadget that you just have to have???? Now you'll have to have a buddy buy it and you buy it from him the next day. ;

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2015, 08:30:31 AM »

I agree with Don.  Motorkote would've made this thread un-necessary.

We've found our new Glare.  I remember the heady days of yore when everything was fixed by glare.  It's good to see that we've returned with a new and better product to make fun of in perpetuity.

Random thought of the moment - My cousin was a full bird Colonel.  Never mentions his rank.  Never wears his uniform off duty.  Still wins arguments, discussions and debates because he's smart and has a good point.

Ok... The real reason I'm posting is to second Iski's question.  Did you get the dang thing fixed or are they still humping a football trying to figure it out?

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »

Them is eaten words. :D :D What if they come out with some new color or gadget that you just have to have???? Now you'll have to have a buddy buy it and you buy it from him the next day. ;

LMAO!!!! Well Doc I gotta say you have me laughing and you know it may be true. If I do bite the bullet YOU WIll BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!!!! No I take that back. You will be the second to know, I'll be the first!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »

Even if his is WRONG! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

EXACTLY!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »

DAWG did you get your electrical issue fixed?  Not asking for details, just wondering if you have this issue resolved.
 :nixweiss:

Reading this thread reminds me that opinions are like a-holes or asteroids.  Everybody has one & some of them are really far out there in space. 

Well to tell you the truth I don't know. I was at the Dealership today to drop off the brand new never been used still in the box GPS that came with the bike. I did talk to the sales Manager about the bike. He did tell me that they did the inspection and he never mentioned the warranty work. And to tell you the truth I didn't ask. Well it must be because I am not concerned about getting the bike fixed!!!!! LMAO!!!! Oh boy here we go again.

I am sure it was fixed. I'm just not sure who is paying for it. I will check next week before I leave for Sturgis!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »

Ok Sergeant Major (though not sure what your retired senior enlisted rank suddenly has to do with the efficacy of anyone's position), what if that same battery had been giving you some small but persistent problem prior to your selling the car?  But you just never quite got it fixed.  Despite failed efforts at fixing it you tell the (now new) owner that he's free to bring it back to you to further deal with the battery sometime later on.  The battery had acted up before.  You knew it.  You admitted it.  It had been documented.  You didn't tell the kid how quickly he had to bring the battery back to you.  You just said you'd deal with it.

Mike's problem had been recurrent and unresolved under warranty.  While still under warranty it was documented.  The problem persisted.  So the warranty claim was never resolved.  The service rep on the road was really irrelevant to all that except that he was, yet again, further documentation of the still ongoing and unresolved problem. 

Admittedly, if Mike had just been smart enough to spray a little Motorkote on his battery it would have been good.  In fact he might not have even needed gasoline any longer as the stuff is so good it would have provided propulsion all on its own.  But Mike didn't have Motorkote.  So all he had was an ongoing, existing and still unresolved warranty claim that fully pre-dated the expiration of the warranty.

If if was a new failure that happened even one day after the warranty expired and Mike was bitching about the MoCo not fixing it I'd say he was being a whiney sofomoabeach who was asking for something extra (or that he should have sprayed Motorkote on it).  But that's not what happened.  Now, admittedly, Mike is an asshole (hi Dawg), but that is separate and apart from the fact this particular bike problem was a straight up warranty claim that the MoCo had yet to get fixed (and was still responsible for because they had not).

Well at least we can agree on something!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.