Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07 CUSE Rear Boards  (Read 1191 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
07 CUSE Rear Boards
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:17:12 AM »

Has anyone tried to adjust their passenger floorboard locations on the 07 CUSE?

I tried to adjust mine yesterday, and gave up trying to get out the bolt closest to the floorboard. I got it to move by using a breaker bar on it, but didn't want to wring it off and have the dealer blame me for screwing it up. The damn things are $350 in the P&A catalog, so let them try it.

It's a 3/8" fine thread bolt with their super-tight white thread-loc on it. It's like trying to get the shifter pegs off, only this is a bigger bolt and about 5 times harder to turn. I was seriously fearing that I was going to bust off the allen head socket.

Anyone else brave it? I'm thinking of leaving it alone and taking it in, just in case there is a problem, let them F it up so they can warranty the parts.

Chief

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 07 CUSE Rear Boards
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 08:32:35 AM »

Chief,

I had to move my right Pass Board up one hole when I did the Exh install.  It was hard to remove but after a couple threads it should come right off for you.  There wasn't any loctite on the bolt either, I think the MOCO just cranked them tight in the factory.  I will take a close up pic tonight and post it if you want.  Here is a pic that is a little hard to see.

TimBone

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:30:16 AM »

Chief,

I had to move my right Pass Board up one hole when I did the Exh install.  It was hard to remove but after a couple threads it should come right off for you.  There wasn't any loctite on the bolt either, I think the MOCO just cranked them tight in the factory.  I will take a close up pic tonight and post it if you want.  Here is a pic that is a little hard to see.

TimBone

TB,

Nice color choice.

Are you talking about raising the whole board assembly, or rotating the passenger board by removing the two large button head screws in the floorboard bracket? Your brackets appear to be in the same rotation position as mine came from the factory, horizontal.

The standard allen cap screw that holds the bracket to the frame was no problem, but it's the two large headed allens on the floorboard that are giving me the problem.

I got one of them out, and it is 3/8-24 fine pitch with a white thread locking compound on it. I wonder if that stuff is their version of red loctite. It sure works well.

Chief

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:47:21 AM »

Chief,
We do have a great color.
I was talking about the one bolt to the frame for up and down movement.  I didn't need to do the other two, sorry about that.  If you have them a little loose, maybe a little PB Blaster or WD40 on there will help get them free?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:10:18 AM »

You might also try heating them up with a heat gun or hair dryer...sometimes that will help.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »

Chief,

I just finished adjusting mine over the weekend and had no problems on either bolt on either side. Plus all I had to do was loosen the bolt a few turns and the entire floorboard assembly just rotated on the bolt. Once in the position I wanted I just tightened the bolt. Then I adjusted the floorboard.

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »

I just finished adjusting mine no problem  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 04:29:31 PM »

Has anyone tried to adjust their passenger floorboard locations on the 07 CUSE?

I tried to adjust mine yesterday, and gave up trying to get out the bolt closest to the floorboard. I got it to move by using a breaker bar on it, but didn't want to wring it off and have the dealer blame me for screwing it up. The damn things are $350 in the P&A catalog, so let them try it.

It's a 3/8" fine thread bolt with their super-tight white thread-loc on it. It's like trying to get the shifter pegs off, only this is a bigger bolt and about 5 times harder to turn. I was seriously fearing that I was going to bust off the allen head socket.

Anyone else brave it? I'm thinking of leaving it alone and taking it in, just in case there is a problem, let them F it up so they can warranty the parts.

Chief
Chief, had same problem with them being really tight.  BUt I did not have to use a breaker bar.  I'd take 'em to the dealer and let him screw with it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 05:41:38 PM »

I was too chicken to attempt. I told Sassy to deal with it  ;D

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.