Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Review and Pictures: WheelDock Wheel Chock Motorcycle Chock System  (Read 7830 times)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography

I bought my Wheel Chock from http://www.wheeldock.com/ several years ago, and I really love the thing.  Amazingly enough, I don't think the price has gone up at all since I bought mine back in 2011.  And if you buy direct from them you get free shipping, which helps a lot!  I did not check to see if they offer a discount to CVOHarley members, but it's always worth asking.  As it is, the price for the chock for my RGU is $225 delivered, which given the quality of construction and design, is worth it and then some!

The Wheel Chock isn't your standard chocking system as you can see below from the photos:

The top photo shows the rear part of the chock in the "up" or locked position, and the bottom phot shows it as down for loading or unloading.  As you can see, it has holes for semi-permanent or permanent mounting to the floor of a trailer or other structure.  I have used it in my motorcycle trailer many times and it works flawlessly.
But as you can also see, it works very nicely without any floor mounting whatsoever:

I leave the jiffy stand down when the bike is in the chock, but you wouldn't need to.  Then when it's time to get the bike out of the chock, it comes in handy to have it down, as you'll want to lean the bike a little to the left after you lower the chock and until you can get seated on your bike to roll it off the chock.  That just gives you a little more peace of mind, although it would take a lot to tip the bike, even with the chock in the "unlocked" position.  Speaking of that, it is virtually effortless to roll a bike onto or off of the chock.  It requires little or no extra effort, and that is nice.

WheelDock makes their chocks to fit your specific bike, both for radius and width of tire, so you get a fit that is snug as a bug in a rug.  Their videos are very helpful and really sold me on their product.  They can be found at:  http://www.wheeldock.com/page/home/resources/wheel-chock-information/wheel-chock-videos
Watch the top left video and I think you'll be convinced!

Hope this helps any of you out there who may be looking for a help when cleaning or working on the bike, or when trailering it!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Review and Pictures: WheelDock Wheel Chock Motorcycle Chock System
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:28:47 AM »

Probably the coolest chock I have seen..
Alan

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:45:10 AM »

Very Nice !!!
DND

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 07:23:31 AM »

I bought two from a friend of mine and love them. Getting ready to use ther quick connect mounting bar and install one in my enclosed trailer. Keep two bikes straight up in the garage and it saves some room. Very solid. Thanks for the link.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:45 AM »

It is a great item and a great value. Best chock available imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 05:21:17 PM »

I've got the Condor mounted to my Handy Lift and while it's study, you have to give the bars a real yank to get it out. I broke one set of bars, and I'm nervous about doing it again, so I'm looking for a change.  Seeing I'm in a lift, it would be a little awkward to release the lock from in front they jump on it. Is there a way you can release the lock while sitting on the bike?
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »

I've got the Condor mounted to my Handy Lift and while it's study, you have to give the bars a real yank to get it out. I broke one set of bars, and I'm nervous about doing it again, so I'm looking for a change.  Seeing I'm in a lift, it would be a little awkward to release the lock from in front they jump on it. Is there a way you can release the lock while sitting on the bike?

I don't think so.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 09:25:16 PM »

I don't think so.

Rob, you can't release the lock from the bike on mine, but it doesn't matter.  You step down on the rear section from the jiffy-stand side of the bike.  It'll lean to your side perhaps a couple of inches, but you've got the stand down and your hand on the left grip, so she won't go anywhere.  Then you just saddle up and roll back off the stand.  It's very easy and secure feeling.
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 01:49:58 PM »

Rob, you can't release the lock from the bike on mine, but it doesn't matter.  You step down on the rear section from the jiffy-stand side of the bike.  It'll lean to your side perhaps a couple of inches, but you've got the stand down and your hand on the left grip, so she won't go anywhere.  Then you just saddle up and roll back off the stand.  It's very easy and secure feeling.

That's what I do as well Harry. I was answering Magloos question about releasing it while sitting on the bike while the bike was on a lift.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 03:45:20 PM »

The Condor has 5 different settings and you also can rotate the rear tire mount! I have mine set so that it's easy to get the bike out without the heavy pull. When I mount them on the trailer I move it back one notch, just for a little extra pull. I have 2 aluminum and one steel permanent trailer mount. that is the Harley badge unit. IAM, there are a couple great brands out there to purchase.
The "TAZMUN"

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »

The Condor has 5 different settings and you also can rotate the rear tire mount! I have mine set so that it's easy to get the bike out without the heavy pull. When I mount them on the trailer I move it back one notch, just for a little extra pull. I have 2 aluminum and one steel permanent trailer mount. that is the Harley badge unit. IAM, there are a couple great brands out there to purchase.
Yeah, I tried moving the cradle pin in one notch, but it seemed pretty wobbly. I've got my wife and a few older kids walking past it thought the garage every day, so I don't want to risk a topple. If I could rig this WheelDock some how to release while seated, that would be the hot ticket. I don't want to be dealing with kick stands etc on top of the lift as they scratch the living chit out of it. And, with the drop off, it's had to mount from the garage floor. And leaning at all, is going to make it tough to handle.

I actually thought about taking an electric actuator to push the front tire aft to avoid the yanking, but haven't taken the time to tackle this.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 02:57:46 PM »

Is it only the gas shock that holds the wheel in? Could not tale by the pic in any case it's the coolest one I've seen

What's the gas shock pressure?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:02:30 PM by longlast »

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 06:37:16 PM »

Is it only the gas shock that holds the wheel in? Could not tale by the pic in any case it's the coolest one I've seen

What's the gas shock pressure?

I believe it is the gas pressure, but it's extremely sound and really grabs the rear of the tire.  I don't know what the pressure is, but it takes a lot to step on it to get it to release.  Like I said, you buy the unit based on your bike, which means they take your front tire diameter and width into consideration, so the thing is almost like a vise holding your tire in place.  I love it! 
By the way all, when I ordered mine 4 years ago, I had a Heritage and an '011 RGU.  Different front tires.  They were only concerned about the width of the tire in that case and sold me a customer plastic spacer that fits in one side of the chalk.  Then they sized the bare width to fit the Heritage with it's wider front tire.  It worked like a charm for both bikes.
Also notice there are tie down locations on the chalk itself, plus you can wrap a tie down thru the front of the front wheel as well.  It's truly a great design, IMO.
Harry

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 07:04:45 PM »

I've own one since 2005 and it has worked flawless NO ISSUES AT ALL.  I have the quick disconnect in my earlier so when it not in the trailer I keep it on the lift. Just ride in and push the lever and the bike is stuck. To release it I'm off the bike step on the release standing by the side of the bike and it is still stuck in the chock so you can get on the bike with no problem.  Never felt like the bike was going to fall.  IMO this is the smartest purchase I have made since I have been in the Harley business and I'm from Arkansas.  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:20:29 PM by Bubba »
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 10:07:52 PM »

Thanks. I own 2 mounted in my R&R aluminium trailer and they work flawless! Great product made in the USA!!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 24 queries.