Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: warranty  (Read 2871 times)

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

warranty
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »

My 2 year warranty will be up in Oct. Where can I go for the best deal on a 3 year extension on warranties?

Ray Z
RayZ

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:18 PM »

My 2 year warranty will be up in Oct. Where can I go for the best deal on a 3 year extension on warranties?

Ray Z

If you want the Harley endorsed ESP you no longer have the internet discounters as an option.  Harley has chopped them off at the knees.  I'd suggest just calling as many dealers in your state as you see fit and ask them for their price, then compare.  Harley does not want dealers selling these things outside their market area, which I'm going to guess would be a major metro area or even an entire state.

Jim Palmer at Kutter Harley in Wisconsin still sells a discounted ESP, but it isn't the Harley endorsed ESP.  It's a similar product from Cornerstone.  There are some threads around here with information on that offering.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »

Yep what GRC said.  Just saved me over 1500 from the shops quote!!!  Fast, easy, and respected coverage.  Here's the link...http://harleytalking.com/RumRunner/HDESPNEW.pdf
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »

Yep what GRC said.  Just saved me over 1500 from the shops quote!!!  Fast, easy, and respected coverage.  Here's the link...http://harleytalking.com/RumRunner/HDESPNEW.pdf

So if you're from Dallas and you purchase ESP from Kutter in Wisconsin, I guess he can sell out-of-state?
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 08:11:10 PM »

So if you're from Dallas and you purchase ESP from Kutter in Wisconsin, I guess he can sell out-of-state?

I think he meant he bought the Cornerstone policy from Jim Palmer at Kutter.  Harley can't control that like they do the ESP they endorse from CNA.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 08:26:39 PM »

I think he meant he bought the Cornerstone policy from Jim Palmer at Kutter.  Harley can't control that like they do the ESP they endorse from CNA.

Jerry

Uhm....when I clicked on the link it sorta looks like it's all genuine MOCO ESP, no small print I could see that states otherwise?  Be interesting to know, I guess if all Harley dealers honor it, it wouldn't make a lot of difference except you couldn't plead with MOCO to override the underwriters determination if they didn't cover a claim.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 09:40:23 PM »

Uhm....when I clicked on the link it sorta looks like it's all genuine MOCO ESP, no small print I could see that states otherwise?  Be interesting to know, I guess if all Harley dealers honor it, it wouldn't make a lot of difference except you couldn't plead with MOCO to override the underwriters determination if they didn't cover a claim.

Can you do that now?  Heck does MoCo even honor their warranty in good faith?

:oops: :nixweiss:

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »

There's a big FAQ section that spells it out quite clearly.  Googled Cornerstone and no real negatives.  You can take your scooter to a Harley shop or an Indie repair place..  Like harleys ESP you have to call in the claim for approval, It's the same process but a different vendor is all.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 07:22:01 AM »

I had the HD ESP and I bought it from my dealer.  They always did whatever they had to get an item covered.  No one asked about the Rush muffs or the SE tuner or the SEAC.  Since they'd made the money on it they had the incentive to keep me happy.  I've heard stories were dealers don't always do that when you go around them and save some money.  I'm not by any means saying shut up and like it.  I'm just saying evaluate your purpose in the ESP and what the exceptions are and what your relationship with a dealer or an indie if you go with the cornerstone.  You have legal protections and you can fight for your rights.  But for me, the time I didn't have to spend worrying about it and BTW had to produce no service records even though I do most of my own maintenance was well worth the couple of hundred I could've saved by Internet shopping.

Just food for thought.  In no way am I suggesting its a bad idea to shop around.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »

Down at the bottom left, it says to see the actual contract for exclusions, etc.  That's where it will say who underwrites it, how you make a claim or whether the dealer is required to make it for you, what's covered and excluded, and so forth.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.