Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Tony Stewart named in wrongful death law suit with Ward family  (Read 8409 times)

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Tony Stewart named in wrongful death law suit with Ward family
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 11:44:54 PM »

No matter what else happens there are only only a few things that are certain.  The kid should have stayed in the car.  The kid is dead.  That is sad.

Right you are, and I can't imagine what I would do if put in their situation. I can only hope that I would not be digging for gold.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 09:12:34 AM »

Right you are, and I can't imagine what I would do if put in their situation. I can only hope that I would not be digging for gold.

I agree very sad
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 09:30:39 AM »

Another cry for a "Loser Pays" system. They are looking for an out of court settlement from a rich guy who will have to evaluate the "cost of defense".  LAWYERS..............grrrrrrr >:(
OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »

The lawyers are not the problem. It's the U. S. Legal system that invites to this.

Change the system and the ambulance chasers disappear. (Most northern Europen countries has a pretty good system compared to ours)

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 12:49:42 PM »

When you watch the entire video it I tells the story.  Tony racing hard and he makes a move on the kid that scared the kid and he crashes his car.  As always it is someone else's fault so you let your testosterone take over an do stupid things and you get the short end of it and die.  Enter mom & dad now wanting someone else to pay for their lack of parenting skills. The "my kid never does anything wrong no matter how old they syndrome is alive and well."

As Jeff Foxworthy  says. "Just once I would like someone to say.  My mom treated me good my father treated me good, I had a good life. I am just a chithead."

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 11:15:04 AM »

I see the video a little differently but I am not on the jury so my opinion does not really matter. I did get a kick out of one of the posters calling the kid a hot head. And tony Stewart isn't? The boy got out of the car and did a stupid thing and then Tony accidentally killed him.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 11:29:24 AM »

I see the video a little differently but I am not on the jury so my opinion does not really matter. I did get a kick out of one of the posters calling the kid a hot head. And tony Stewart isn't? The boy got out of the car and did a stupid thing and then Tony accidentally killed him.

The word usage there shares your opinion too well.  Huge difference between "then the kid was accidentally killed" and "then Tony accidentally killed him."  Pretty sure the "D" in Dr.D doesn't stand for "subtle."   ;D

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »

The word usage there shares your opinion too well.  Huge difference between "then the kid was accidentally killed" and "then Tony accidentally killed him."  Pretty sure the "D" in Dr.D doesn't stand for "subtle."   ;D

Like I said I am not 100 % Stewart is blameless but only the Lord God knows what was going onion his mind and heart. What I meant by accidentally killed was it look like Tony bluffed back using to car to scare the kid a little more and it got away from him or he misjudged the distance between his car wheel and the  young man. If that was the case then tony never meant to harm him and it was an accident.

There is no argument from me that there boy made a huge mistake by getting out and coming towards a motor vehicle. Never play chicken with more mass that you have.

I do not want to sound hateful of start a fight i just see there may be another way to view this. Stewart has had issues with temper and was sent by NASCAR for anger management so it would be possible for him to react to the display by the young man.

BTW the D stands for dumb and or disaster. ;D Last name is Donesky.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 05:14:50 PM »

Only Tony knows what was in his head at the time of the accident.

However....the only question that needs to be answered is did Tony see him...if he did than he is culpable.

Personally....I think he saw him.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 06:55:09 PM »

i am not sure everyone on this subjuect understands how the cars being raced that night are steered. be very clear on this Stewart made no move on the kid. he was only steering his race car. look at others doing the same thing.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »

The sad part and the thing that keeps stupid lawsuits around is that the family will probably get a out-of-court settlement to stop the whole thing...............for the rich guy, our system sux!!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »

The sad part and the thing that keeps stupid lawsuits around is that the family will probably get a out-of-court settlement to stop the whole thing...............for the rich guy, our system sux!!!!!
as long as we elect lawyers and send them to congress to make laws we will not change. its like letting the fox watch the henhouse!! NO MORE POLITICS from me naitram will skin my hide. :-X

ultrarider123

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »

It happened.  It's tragic in the loss of life.  Bottom line is if the kid stayed in the car, there would have been a confrontation behind the pits, not an ambulance on the racetrack.  Kids fault....he put himself in that situation and paid for it.  What happened after he removed himself from the safety of his vehicle to approach MANY cars still going around the track to make his point to just one of them is all on him.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:57:53 AM by Haird »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 10:22:10 AM »

Has the chemical make-up of Weed changed?  High on pot and shaking your fist?  :nixweiss:  All I could do when I smoked it was say, "Huh?, or "what'd you say, man?, or "Wow, man."  At any rate, it's a sad situation, and a Law Suit ain't gonna' bring Kevin Ward back.  However, such is the way of the world we live in today.  I feel for Kevin Ward's family, and Tony Stewart.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 10:58:14 AM »

Has the chemical make-up of Weed changed?  High on pot and shaking your fist?  :nixweiss:  All I could do when I smoked it was say, "Huh?, or "what'd you say, man?, or "Wow, man."  At any rate, it's a sad situation, and a Law Suit ain't gonna' bring Kevin Ward back.  However, such is the way of the world we live in today.  I feel for Kevin Ward's family, and Tony Stewart.  Later--HUBBARD

I'm with Carl, if it had been me I may have stopped the racecar and walked up to the concession stand.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.