Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: 2016 CVO Lineup  (Read 34767 times)

RGMax

Re: 2016 CVO Lineup
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 04:03:13 PM »

At the Harley website the CVO bags aren't extended when you do the 360 degree view (except the street glide)......hmmmmm......

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »

At the Harley website the CVO bags aren't extended when you do the 360 degree view (except the street glide)......hmmmmm......

:nixweiss:    Stock Ultras, CVO or otherwise, have never had extended bags.   :nixweiss: 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 04:48:48 PM »

I just don't get these guys. They are completely ruining the CVO marque.  Look at the pic of the "Inspiration" Streetglide Special. It makes the, CVO Streetglide loom like a Kmart knock-off.

The thing that just make,s me do the "head scratch" is ... It's a well known fact that CVO OWNERS SPEND MORE AT HARLEY SHOPS (P&A, motor clothes, etc) than all other owners - yet the "should have been the new CVO Streetglide" is just an SGS with P&A bolt ons.

This bike with a 120r is what CVO was f$%*ing CREATED for. NowI fear the designers and engineers have gotten as old as the target market. I am smack in THAT market and would rather build a new ( or better yet - low mile '14 SGS) into something like this before buying a CVO.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-glide-special.html#!customization

Just so silly to put pics of a bike up that makes the CVO look like ass in a hand bag

while i agree with you partly, have you taken a look at the parts list that makes up that street glide?  $23k for the bike, plus $6k for the paint job, $2k for the wheels, and probably another $10k or more for all the other farkles and it makes the cvo look like a bargain.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

LoRider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »

Couldn't agree more TIF. The limited paint set on the SG Special is in a different league to the CVO. Bet that's painted in a different shop!!  CVO graphics from 2014  are very amateurish.

I just don't get these guys. They are completely ruining the CVO marque.  Look at the pic of the "Inspiration" Streetglide Special. It makes the, CVO Streetglide loom like a Kmart knock-off.

The thing that just make,s me do the "head scratch" is ... It's a well known fact that CVO OWNERS SPEND MORE AT HARLEY SHOPS (P&A, motor clothes, etc) than all other owners - yet the "should have been the new CVO Streetglide" is just an SGS with P&A bolt ons.

This bike with a 120r is what CVO was f$%*ing CREATED for. NowI fear the designers and engineers have gotten as old as the target market. I am smack in THAT market and would rather build a new ( or better yet - low mile '14 SGS) into something like this before buying a CVO.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-glide-special.html#!customization

Just so silly to put pics of a bike up that makes the CVO look like ass in a hand bag

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 06:50:20 PM »

Any thoughts as to why the CVO SG (at least) went back to air shocks vs the coils on the 15 and prior?

Is this air system the same as the old air system.

Gotta say, HDs site is impossible to find the changes on, and I don't much care for the multi-view color selectors.

I'm looking forward to seeing the red in person, don't much care for the white/black or the purple/blue.  The black with Ghost flames is ok... 

I do wish for the color matched vent.  It's an item in the P&A catalog, but not listed with last years CVO colors so far as I can tell.

I was looking for that as well. If anyone finds information on ordering the color matched vent/mail-slot for previous years please share with us.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »

You can go to the HD website Bike Builder and add numerous options like rims, color, inner fairing color etc.  Was that an option last year also or is that new for 2016??

2014 CVO Limited

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 07:11:27 PM »

I agree- boring 2016 lineup that amounts to a big yawn. This is why Indian and Polaris will continue to steal market share from H-D.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

This doesn't look bad, unfortunately not a CVO.

RGKen

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Skunk
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »

Not that I was going to buy one, but I was dissapointed the '16 CVO SG is using the same graphics as the '15s, just in different color schemes.  Has HD ever done this on the CVOs before?  I can't recall two different year models using the same graphics.  The black CVO SG is no different than the '15.5 model, which was an emergency replacement for the yellow SESG with the problem paint.  I can foresee quite a few CVOs on the showroom floor in Aug 2016.

I agree totally. I don't like that they have been sticking with the same designs and just changing colors.  If you look at the 15' and 16' CVO Road Glide paint scheme, it looks very similar to the 2011 CVO Road Glide.  The Red one came out in the lineup last year and they brought back the dark grey one this year.  I hope they don't bring back the tan and brown leisure suit next year. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:40 PM »

I agree totally. I don't like that they have been sticking with the same designs and just changing colors.  If you look at the 15' and 16' CVO Road Glide paint scheme, it looks very similar to the 2011 CVO Road Glide.  The Red one came out in the lineup last year and they brought back the dark grey one this year.  I hope they don't bring back the tan and brown leisure suit next year. 

The Red 11 SERGU and the Red 15 SERGU look almost Identical.  The tour pack change what made one able to tell which was which when I saw them parked side by side.

Zero effort put into paint design for the 15 and now the 16 SERGU.  Very sad on a 40 K bike they can't come up with a new design and graphics.  Colors are nice, but the same old design is old.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 09:22:51 PM »

This doesn't look bad, unfortunately not a CVO.

That's very nice looking paint job.

2014 CVO Limited

RGKen

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Skunk
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »

The Red 11 SERGU and the Red 15 SERGU look almost Identical.  The tour pack change what made one able to tell which was which when I saw them parked side by side.

Zero effort put into paint design for the 15 and now the 16 SERGU.  Very sad on a 40 K bike they can't come up with a new design and graphics.  Colors are nice, but the same old design is old.

Agreed... 

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 12:16:51 AM »

If they had a CVO with that paint job, I think I would be very tempted to get on the wait list to buy one.  I think that would be a hard one to keep on the floor without selling it immediately, and then we would all end up with the same one.  That's a damn nice paint set.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:22:01 AM by 1abastarsmda »

Lone Rider

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Softail Deluxe 2014
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 03:08:50 AM »

No CVO Deluxe or CVO Road King?

They'll be in demand now.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2015, 08:34:20 AM »

That's very nice looking paint job.
I must admit it's sharp looking, and I think it would get a lot more looks then a CVO!
Just think, there may only a max 200 like yours, not a couple thousand!
The "TAZMUN"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.