Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: 2016 CVO Lineup  (Read 34763 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: 2016 CVO Lineup
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »

WOW, that´s goodlookin!
What do you think - I´m disappointed with the 2016-colour-scheme-offer. Would the stability in terms of value be ruined, respectively the "CVO"-status, if I buy a black one and have it custom-painted???

In times past, I would have said NEVER repaint a CVO, because the paint is one of the primary things that gave it its resale value. Old cars with original paint fetch far higher dollars at auction than repainted ones... especially for certain high-demand models with limited-edition factory paint jobs.

But the way things have been going with CVOs, that might not be so true anymore. They are making quite a few CVOs these days, so the resale value will likely never be what it used to be for more classic CVO models. Who knows 10-15 years down the line?

That said, this custom paint set is WAAAY better looking than the 2016 CVO paint.

I think I see a trend... The MoCo probably wants to sell these high dollar paint sets, because of the profit they make on them. If I were going to repaint any bike, I'd go to a good custom painter and get a REAL one-of-one custom paint job before I would fork over the bucks to the MoCo for any of their so-called "custom" paint sets.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2015, 03:22:18 PM »

Best CVO Colors EVER:
Hot Citrus (on the 2012 FLHXSE3 - on the TOP, where it SHOULD be...)
Tequila Sunrise (only on the 2010 SESG - the original SESG, the FLHXSE... 24K gold flake in the clear, over a Scarlet base coat)
Krypto Green (only on the 2011 FLHXSE2)  The only great green paint.
Electric Orange (or whatever the orange is on D00D's gorgeous SEEG... Cuz it's AWESOME! I think it was the orange on the beautiful O/B 2009 SERGC, too)

Best Non-CVO Colors EVER:
Mirage Orange Pearl - hands down WINNER!
Tequila Sunrise (the complex orange non-CVO version)  IIRC, it was called Sedona Orange
Turquoise/Antique White
ANY Pearl White E-Glide

Ken

Added:  Black Ice, the color-changing one.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

HN Man

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide Starfire Black - FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2016 Softail Deluxe Red Sunglo - FLSTN
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »

WOW, that´s goodlookin!
What do you think - I´m disappointed with the 2016-colour-scheme-offer. Would the stability in terms of value be ruined, respectively the "CVO"-status, if I buy a black one and have it custom-painted???
What's with the aerial? Are MoCo going backwards in 2016.
2015 CVO Street Glide - FLHXSE
Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames
&
2016 Softail Deluxe - FLSTN
Mysterious Red Sunglo & Velocity Red Sunglo

Gerhard

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »

In times past, I would have said NEVER repaint a CVO, because the paint is one of the primary things that gave it its resale value. Old cars with original paint fetch far higher dollars at auction than repainted ones... especially for certain high-demand models with limited-edition factory paint jobs.

But the way things have been going with CVOs, that might not be so true anymore. They are making quite a few CVOs these days, so the resale value will likely never be what it used to be for more classic CVO models. Who knows 10-15 years down the line?
Yeah, just see it your way - IF custom paint, then not from HD-options! I got a good artist!

That said, this custom paint set is WAAAY better looking than the 2016 CVO paint.

I think I see a trend... The MoCo probably wants to sell these high dollar paint sets, because of the profit they make on them. If I were going to repaint any bike, I'd go to a good custom painter and get a REAL one-of-one custom paint job before I would fork over the bucks to the MoCo for any of their so-called "custom" paint sets.

Ken
------------------------------------------------------
2018 BMW R nineT Urban G/S
2016 CVO Street Glide Black Licorice with Midnight Cobalt Flames >>> lemonized
2004 Ducati 998sFinal Edition Rosso Anniversario
2002 Triumph Speed Triple Black (sold)
1999 BMW R1100S Silver/Yellow Custom Paint (sold)
1994 BMW Funduro 650 Black (sold)

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »

Of course not......

Right??  Why would they wanna do that. WTF??
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »

I just don't get these guys. They are completely ruining the CVO marque.  Look at the pic of the "Inspiration" Streetglide Special. It makes the, CVO Streetglide loom like a Kmart knock-off.

The thing that just make,s me do the "head scratch" is ... It's a well known fact that CVO OWNERS SPEND MORE AT HARLEY SHOPS (P&A, motor clothes, etc) than all other owners - yet the "should have been the new CVO Streetglide" is just an SGS with P&A bolt ons.

This bike with a 120r is what CVO was f$%*ing CREATED for. NowI fear the designers and engineers have gotten as old as the target market. I am smack in THAT market and would rather build a new ( or better yet - low mile '14 SGS) into something like this before buying a CVO.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-glide-special.html#!customization

Just so silly to put pics of a bike up that makes the CVO look like ass in a hand bag

I am also disappointed, I wouldn't trade mine for the new one. I think I will probably end up slapping that Jims 134cc in her.

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2015, 10:51:19 PM »

I am also disappointed, I wouldn't trade mine for the new one. I think I will probably end up slapping that Jims 134cc in her.

A pretty small motor, but I bet it gets great gas mileage! ;D
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2015, 03:32:06 AM »

Honestly, only 4 CVOs have ever just grabbed my attention.  The Gold 03 SERK, the black/white skunk shark (2011, I think), and the '13 SERK (red and the blue).  I assembled a 113 for it this past winter.  Next spring, I'll probably buy an S&S 124.  This bike is my last new one. 

Chris
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2015, 07:29:15 AM »

while i agree with you partly, have you taken a look at the parts list that makes up that street glide?  $23k for the bike, plus $6k for the paint job, $2k for the wheels, and probably another $10k or more for all the other farkles and it makes the cvo look like a bargain.

Idk. I looked up that "Nightmare" paint job and its $4495 retail so ~$3600 from a 20% dealer. I think the key to any "bargain" is if you can turn your own wrenches. Shopping at a 20% off dealer and NOT paying $100 per hour shop labor pretty safe to say you could do "Nightmare" SGS with a 120R for around $40k. That is INCLUDING most of the stuff that owners will always change (audio upgrades, pipes, bars, etc).

The MoCo, had they cared about the SOUL of CVO, could easily have done it and still made a good profit. It's really sad they don't.

Not many people leave their CVO's stock anyway. The only thing missing would be the "CVO" badging and my opinion is that marque has less and less "cache" compared to what it was developed for.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:37:34 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »

Idk. I looked up that "Nightmare" paint job and its $4495 retail so ~$3600 from a 20% dealer. I think the key to any "bargain" is if you can turn your own wrenches. Shopping at a 20% off dealer and NOT paying $100 per hour shop labor pretty safe to say you could do "Nightmare" SGS with a 120R for around $40k. That is INCLUDING most of the stuff that owners will always change (audio upgrades, pipes, bars, etc).

The MoCo, had they cared about the SOUL of CVO, could easily have done it and still made a good profit. It's really sad they don't.

Not many people leave their CVO's stock anyway. The only thing missing would be the "CVO" badging and my opinion is that marque has less and less "cache" compared to what it was developed for.
Looked in the parts book at the dealer the other day for that paint on an RG, Price was about the same except they said that didn't include the bags for another $2100. Maybe they looked at it wrong but that's crazy money just to change tins if the bags aren't included.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »

Looked in the parts book at the dealer the other day for that paint on an RG, Price was about the same except they said that didn't include the bags for another $2100. Maybe they looked at it wrong but that's crazy money just to change tins if the bags aren't included.

Agreed

I looked further on the website and the bags and inner fairing are sold separately
Makes me wonder if the side covers are included as well

With Harley it's really hard to say .... LOL
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2015, 07:59:56 AM »

If the CVO line-up is really hand built, assembled, whatever, how hard can it be to walk over and grab a few custom ordered painted parts and slap em on?

I think the CVO is at a price point that should offer customer ordered paint colors and schemes.

If a person was able to order the paint and say have to wait 8 weeks to get it, so what.

Don't tell me it would be too costly, it's the same damn body parts that are on all the bikes.

They keep going back and forth with the color matched inner fairings and I don't get that. I love a color matched inner fairing, but I'll be damed if I'm gonna pay $1500-$2000 above what I already paid for the bike to do it.

What your seeing is the lower level bikes rising to the CVO level, and the CVO bikes are somewhat stagnant.

I agree with all of you, a real disappointment, no incentive to spend this year.

Unapologetically American!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2015, 03:56:19 PM »

Idk. I looked up that "Nightmare" paint job and its $4495 retail so ~$3600 from a 20% dealer. I think the key to any "bargain" is if you can turn your own wrenches. Shopping at a 20% off dealer and NOT paying $100 per hour shop labor pretty safe to say you could do "Nightmare" SGS with a 120R for around $40k. That is INCLUDING most of the stuff that owners will always change (audio upgrades, pipes, bars, etc

if you want to add that paint set to a roadglide, including saddlebags, painted inner fairing, and chopped tourpak, the msrp is over $9800.  and that doesn't include the mounting hardware and backrest for the tourpak.

i think it would be cheaper to buy a used set of tins and have joe z custom paint it.

If the CVO line-up is really hand built, assembled, whatever, how hard can it be to walk over and grab a few custom ordered painted parts and slap em on?

the cvo bikes are no longer 'hand assembled', haven't been for a few years now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:00:38 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »

They are now built on the same line as the other touring bikes.  2009 was the last Hand built year.

The paint this year is just a rehash of last year, and on the CVO Road Glide it was a copy of 2011.  They really need to up the paint designs for the road glide ultras CVO.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

TXCobra

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 12:41:02 AM »

I bought a 2015 CVO street Glide last week, after waiting to see what the 2016 lineup would bring.  I admit I did really like the red SG, but the deal I could get on the 15 far outweighed the color choice.  The feature changes were almost none (TPMS, Key Fob, Painted Mail Slot and LED front turn signals)...just not enough to justify the premiums the dealer wanted on a '16 (over MSRP) vs big discounts on  2015.  I am really happy with my first CVO!
2015 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.