Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: 2016 CVO Lineup  (Read 34757 times)

RGKen

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Skunk
Re: 2016 CVO Lineup
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2015, 01:52:15 PM »

I'm not sure how tight CARB is on exact models - i.e. - if it says "Streetglide" is "CVO Streetglide" acceptable from CARB?
Just seems odd that they would offer the 120 in 6 touring models and none of them have a CVO designation?

They were just submitting the 120's in those models for emissions purposes only.   Didn't mean they were coming out with bikes with the 120 in them.   My guess is that they want to see how it does for a year or 2 and then make it the new CVO motor.  Maybe even a custom option. 

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2015, 02:14:50 PM »

I thought they already had the 120ST as a "Factory Option" when purchasing a new bike.
Wouldn't that imply that these are floor (production) models?

Local dealer said you could get the 120ST as a "factory" option for the 2016 CVO line, but I don't see any of those models listed in the CARB.  :nixweiss:
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

RGKen

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2015, 09:19:28 PM »

I thought they already had the 120ST as a "Factory Option" when purchasing a new bike.
Wouldn't that imply that these are floor (production) models?

Local dealer said you could get the 120ST as a "factory" option for the 2016 CVO line, but I don't see any of those models listed in the CARB.  :nixweiss:

That would be the first I've heard of that.   As far as I know it's just a motor swap at the dealer like the 120R or doing an upgraded stage kit to the motor.   To get the 120ST put in will run about $11k out the door.  If it were a true option from the factory there would be an uncharge but shouldn't be $11k worth since it would be built on the line that way. 

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2015, 10:37:39 PM »

On the CARB site it states ..... "BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: That the replacement engines covered by this Executive Order are valid only for production in the
model-year listed above and for the 2016 model-year vehicle models certified under Executive Order M-005-0216 and listed in
Attachment A."

So if you are in Cali and want to add a 120S to one of the 2016 models listed you can do it and know it meets the emission requirements for the state.  I guess there would be no reason a dealer couldn't offer this as a "dealer installed option" if they so choose.   If their definition of factory option includes anything they install as well then it does look like a "factory option" of the 120S is available in the models listed.  But as noted by TIFF2 there are no CVO models listed so .............. ???  Maybe no twin cooled 120 is why  :nixweiss:
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

RGKen

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »

On the CARB site it states ..... "BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: That the replacement engines covered by this Executive Order are valid only for production in the
model-year listed above and for the 2016 model-year vehicle models certified under Executive Order M-005-0216 and listed in
Attachment A."

So if you are in Cali and want to add a 120S to one of the 2016 models listed you can do it and know it meets the emission requirements for the state.  I guess there would be no reason a dealer couldn't offer this as a "dealer installed option" if they so choose.   If their definition of factory option includes anything they install as well then it does look like a "factory option" of the 120S is available in the models listed.  But as noted by TIFF2 there are no CVO models listed so .............. ???  Maybe no twin cooled 120 is why  :nixweiss:

I think we may be confusing the issue here...   All I was saying is that you can't walk into a dealership and say " I want to order a 2016 (from the factory) with a 120ST."  Also, if someone in Cali is going to pay the money, at a dealer, to have a new 120ST installed they are not going to give a rats ass as to whether or not it meets emissions standards because to meet that standard you would have to install the factory exhaust that HD recommends.  That person would choose the exhaust to get the best performance and sound for their liking and that would throw the CARB report right out the window. And the warranty as well if MOCO wanted to push the issue.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:59:51 AM by RGKen »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.