Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Seat question  (Read 21844 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Seat question
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 06:27:02 PM »

Hunter,
looks like you have been MIA for more than a year! Welcome back. You must have been out clocking up miles on that fine example of a fat boy! As for your seat I'm not too sure what I think but I don't really think it is for me, looks like it gives your back support. Is that storage in the back? Surely you don't mount a passenger up there. But the bottom line is if you like it on your bike thats all that matters.

Cheers
Aussie

It's Corbin's Rumble Seat. Supposed to be like the old hot rods. That back piece folds up to expose the passenger seat, and the fold up part becomes the passenger backrest.

Hey Mike, do you have everything you need on the diagrams now?

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Huntley_Harley

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »

I should have added the picture with the backrest up

Huntley_Harley

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »

With backrest up

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2007, 06:47:24 AM »

That's a sweet ride friend. Great Picture....
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2007, 08:59:57 AM »

With backrest up

I just saw one of these on ebay for a Deuce. How do you like it?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007, 05:58:12 PM »

another

I'm off topic a bit here, but this bike is really sweet  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 06:13:31 PM »

Gotta agree with spider nice bike.I saw the tv commercials for that rumble on the net try to watch it its cheesy.You may be able to find it at corbin.By the way what pipes are those looks good. :drink:
Ridin Legend

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 06:29:53 PM »

Gotta agree with spider nice bike.I saw the tv commercials for that rumble on the net try to watch it its cheesy.You may be able to find it at corbin.By the way what pipes are those looks good. :drink:

Altugo,
I'm pretty sure they are these:

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO
16 GAUGE DOUBLE BARREL
EXHAUST SYSTEM – SOFTAIL®
64901-02 Fits ’00-later Softail® models

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Huntley_Harley

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2007, 06:52:40 PM »

The seat has good back support. The passenger seat isn`t very large but big enough. The passenger seat is only as wide as the fender. I like the seat. They are the scream`in eagle pipes

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »

Altugo,
I'm pretty sure they are these:

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO
16 GAUGE DOUBLE BARREL
EXHAUST SYSTEM – SOFTAIL®
64901-02 Fits ’00-later Softail® models

Cheers
Aussie

Friend of mine was asking about those for his V-Rod. Do they sound good ?

B B

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 07:19:54 PM »

Friend of mine was asking about those for his V-Rod. Do they sound good ?

B B

BB,
Yep they sound great, but I have only heard them on a Twin Cam!

Cheers
Aussie

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO
16 GAUGE DOUBLE BARREL
EXHAUST SYSTEM – V-ROD
64798-02 Fits ’02-later VRSC models. $589.95
Required ECM Calibration.* $149.95
Total Package Price. $739.90
’02 models require installation of Air Temperature Sensor
Relocation Kit P/N 29434-01A.
*Recalibration is required for proper installation.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2007, 04:51:03 PM »

This may be a bit late but I've been MIA from this forum for a while. I took my stock SE Fatboy seat apart myself and scooped out some of the foam and added a Saddleman Gel Pad to the inside. Then I added a 1/2 inch of Pudgie foam, the kind of foam that's used in wheel chairs and some manufactor's motorcycle seats. After doing this and getting it all back together the stock seat is now very comfortable. And yes, the pipes on Aussie's bike are the Screamin Eagle Pro 16 gauge double barrell's. I have the same pipes on mine along with the race tuner kit. Every where I go everyone tells me they sound awesome, like a Fatboy should sound. Nice and deep with a great rumble to them. However for traveling I use a Corbin Gunfighter seat so I can add my saddlebags. The bags won't fit with the stock seat, the chrome shroud comes down and back too far. These are HD's Bad Boy bags from the mid 90's. I found them at an up state cycle shop that was having a clearence  sale. The bags were brand new, still in the HD box with the tags still attached. I thought they fit the looks of the bike just fine. However it wouldn't hurt for them to be a bit larger. They attach by using the bare back's attachment kit. http://www.cyclevisions.com/barebacks.html Here's a pic of the bike with the corbin seat and bags. :) Sandy
Sandy :)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »

This may be a bit late but I've been MIA from this forum for a while. I took my stock SE Fatboy seat apart myself and scooped out some of the foam and added a Saddleman Gel Pad to the inside. Then I added a 1/2 inch of Pudgie foam, the kind of foam that's used in wheel chairs and some manufactor's motorcycle seats. After doing this and getting it all back together the stock seat is now very comfortable. And yes, the pipes on Aussie's bike are the Screamin Eagle Pro 16 gauge double barrell's. I have the same pipes on mine along with the race tuner kit. Every where I go everyone tells me they sound awesome, like a Fatboy should sound. Nice and deep with a great rumble to them. However for traveling I use a Corbin Gunfighter seat so I can add my saddlebags. The bags won't fit with the stock seat, the chrome shroud comes down and back too far. These are HD's Bad Boy bags from the mid 90's. I found them at an up state cycle shop that was having a clearence  sale. The bags were brand new, still in the HD box with the tags still attached. I thought they fit the looks of the bike just fine. However it wouldn't hurt for them to be a bit larger. They attach by using the bare back's attachment kit. http://www.cyclevisions.com/barebacks.html Here's a pic of the bike with the corbin seat and bags. :) Sandy

Crikey! it has been a while since you were around. Welcome back & hope you stick around.
Nice pic your Boy is looking great

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2007, 06:28:26 PM »

Welcome home, Ms. Red Hot. We missed you and your insight.

Kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »

Crikey! it has been a while since you were around. Welcome back & hope you stick around.
Nice pic your Boy is looking great

Cheers
Aussie

Thanks a bunch Aussie. I love this bike and other than the seat that I swap out every now and then and the exhaust pipes I haven't done much else. Did add a few things like the low profile windshield, smaller grips for my small hands and a lay down license plate holder and of course my ride bell. Thinking of adding a few other nice pieces of chrome here and there in the future.

Your bike looks great too, love that corbin seat. I thought about adding that one, but I never carry a passenger. Sandy
Sandy :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.