Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Amsoil verses HD Synthetic  (Read 21132 times)

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Amsoil verses HD Synthetic
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 01:22:33 PM »

I used to polish combat boots with peanut butter and Wesson oil for a shine bright enough to blind pilots at altitude on a moonless night.  The distillates that dripped off from the temps and pressure that were resultant from the polishing process were such high quality that mere ounces bound themselves at the atomic level to the bearing, cylinder and all other internal surfaces on an engine causing said engine to gain (on average) 1476% torque and 1192% horsepower and, because of this atomic level molecular binding, it was also no longer necessary to even carry a volume of liquid oil in the crankcase nor ever change oil ever again.

X2

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »

I used to polish combat boots with peanut butter and Wesson oil for a shine bright enough to blind pilots at altitude on a moonless night.  The distillates that dripped off from the temps and pressure that were resultant from the polishing process were such high quality that mere ounces bound themselves at the atomic level to the bearing, cylinder and all other internal surfaces on an engine causing said engine to gain (on average) 1476% torque and 1192% horsepower and, because of this atomic level molecular binding, it was also no longer necessary to even carry a volume of liquid oil in the crankcase nor ever change oil ever again.

Yeh, but that was before radial tires came out which nullified any gains you saw from those results......
2015 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »

Yeh, but that was before radial tires came out which nullified any gains you saw from those results......

Oh no, you're thinking of the ever expanding age of the moderators (he says reverently) there.  I'm a mere child and never knew a time when we didn't run radials.....

I would hate, however, to threadjack with a sidetrack on the age/wisdom of the moderators.  Back to the penultimate value and guidance of the oil thread!

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »

Where do I find it when I need a quart in a motel parking lot on Sunday morning??

Your bike uses oil?  I never ever have needed to add any between oil changes....

But really, NAPA carries it, perhaps not in 10W60, and most all oil is compatible with other oils so If I Had To, I'd add a half quart of whatever, or a bottle of STP.

Oil is like Ice Cream, lots of flavors, and they are all bad for diabetics.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 04:13:45 PM »

X2.  Whatever Don just said
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

jrod_141

• To quote Dr Ian Malcomb:
  • Semper Fi
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE CVO LIMITED
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 08:26:07 AM »

causing said engine to gain (on average) 1476% torque and 1192% horsepower and, because of this atomic level molecular binding, it was also no longer necessary to even carry a volume of liquid oil in the crankcase nor ever change oil ever again.

roflmao!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:  As for quantifiable numbers, when i switched from HD oil to AmsOil on my 04 FLSTC, my oil temps dropped 15* on average.  I don't have an oil temp gauge on my CVO so i can't give you numbers for her.  I've had favorable results with AmsOil in cars and bikes, so that's my preference.  just my .02
"That is one big pile of chit."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »

It's so sad that we still have people, after all these decades, who believe any kind of BS about voiding warrantees because you didn't use the Harley brand maintenance items like oils.  The federal warranty law that outlawed that practice has been in existence since 1975, and if my feeble old mind is still able to do basic math, I believe that is right about 40 years now.  Ignorance and BS artists are so pervasive in our society because way too many people are too lazy to find the facts for themselves.  There might have been an excuse back when looking things up required a trip to a library, but there is absolutely no excuse these days.  Of course, you still have to be smart enough to seek answers where you have the best chance of getting facts and not just more BS.  Opinions are not facts, and it would be so very nice if people would not state BS opinions as fact.  But then that would take all the fun out of it for the BS artists, wouldn't it.

JMHO - Jerry

Oh, and btw, taking the word of some supposed Harley mechanic that SYN3 is not a synthetic and it's made by Mobil 1, when both claims are easily refuted with 30 seconds of research or a glance at the bottle, is sad.  If you don't want to take the time to verify the BS you've been fed, at least don't pass it along to anyone else. 

Oh, btw #2, Twolanerider is not the target of my little rant.  His BS has a purpose, which is to highlight the absurdity of the other BS thrown around in this thread.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:57:54 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 09:12:56 AM »

you failed to mention that jiffy brand (creamy) only will blend correctly with wesson oil or any other oil for that matter!! also, it does not bind it bonds itself only at a molecular level. folks not familar with this process could become confused. not questioning the outcome only the procedure described. was not being critical only trying to be helpful. ::) :P

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 12:11:24 PM »

I avoid the issues by only using Genuine HD products including HD air.  ::)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »

I avoid the issues by only using Genuine HD products including HD air. ::)

If the stealers could figure out a way to charge you for Genuine H-D Air while in the place, THEY WOULD!

I used to run AMSoil fairly religiously - but these days I just run Mobil 1 20W-50, and I buy it when it's on sale at AutoZone or wherever. Last time, I think I paid $8.99/qt.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »

the stuff I run in my bike is so special I can't tell any one what it is... That's what keeps me ahead of the curve sorry
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »

:jack:
Hogwild11, if you're free this Saturday (19 sep), stop by Rocket H-D for the Trail of Tears ride. I'll be working out in the front area; we can hook up.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »

Deja vu all over again
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »

It's so sad that we still have people, after all these decades, who believe any kind of BS about voiding warrantees because you didn't use the Harley brand maintenance items like oils.  The federal warranty law that outlawed that practice has been in existence since 1975, and if my feeble old mind is still able to do basic math, I believe that is right about 40 years now.  Ignorance and BS artists are so pervasive in our society because way too many people are too lazy to find the facts for themselves.  There might have been an excuse back when looking things up required a trip to a library, but there is absolutely no excuse these days.  Of course, you still have to be smart enough to seek answers where you have the best chance of getting facts and not just more BS.  Opinions are not facts, and it would be so very nice if people would not state BS opinions as fact.  But then that would take all the fun out of it for the BS artists, wouldn't it.

JMHO - Jerry

Oh, and btw, taking the word of some supposed Harley mechanic that SYN3 is not a synthetic and it's made by Mobil 1, when both claims are easily refuted with 30 seconds of research or a glance at the bottle, is sad.  If you don't want to take the time to verify the BS you've been fed, at least don't pass it along to anyone else. 

Oh, btw #2, Twolanerider is not the target of my little rant.  His BS has a purpose, which is to highlight the absurdity of the other BS thrown around in this thread.

Dang Jerry, you and Twolane ruined this thread for me!  Before you two jumped in with your comments, I could point to this thread and use it as an example of...  as an example of...  well, perhaps it's best if I don't say what it was an example of...  Just leave it that you two ruined it for me...   

:(

::)

:)

8)

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 06:05:50 PM »

You named it "Slick 50" and history was made.  :vrolijk_10:
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.