Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 ultra throttle wiring  (Read 484 times)

cudacurlee

08 ultra throttle wiring
« on: September 27, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »

Last weekend, while attempting to get home, the bike quit in the middle of traffic. I have been battling the wiring issues that are apparently common on these bikes by applying die electric grease to the terminals to aid with the fretting issues. This particular situation resulted in the wires actually melting. The 6th black / white terminal melted and created an open circuit, throttle went into limp mode and I was forced to traverse heavy traffic to get over to the break down lane.
Does anyone have a forever fix for this never ending throttle wiring issue?
I need to re wire the throttle circuit and have received different opinions, some stating that installing a slightly longer jumper harness will result in excessive resistance which may lead to an abnormal frequency that locks the throttle wide open. This was my daily ride now I've been forced to ride the V-Rod or stuck in a cage.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: 08 ultra throttle wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:02:41 PM »

I guess that I have been lucky with no wiring issues on my 08 RK. I have had other types of issues but none that addresses this thread. Hopefully someone will chime in with similar problems.

cudacurlee

Re: 08 ultra throttle wiring
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »

That is lucky...

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.