Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage  (Read 16832 times)

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:26 PM »

Hoist, what camera do you use for those?
Those are really good clear pics and if it's a point and shoot, would like to know as I would like a small back-up to my digital SLR.
Thanks!  

Bagger

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »

Howie,
Odd place to put the dealer button.  Normally they put them on the top of the handle bars in the center or the dipstick top.  Never seen it on the tail light before.  Different location.... :-?
cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

I've never seen it there either, but as I recall, the dipsticks have changed for 07 and the dots won't fit........I could be wrong.......as I only glanced at it, made a mental note that the whole area looked "different" and moved on.  Doesn't matter tho'.  It won't be there long.  DAMN!  That bike is awesome.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »

Hoist, what camera do you use for those?
Those are really good clear pics and if it's a point and shoot, would like to know as I would like a small back-up to my digital SLR.
Thanks!  

It's a Canon PowerShot SD550 Digital ELPH. It's really small and compact and has a very large display. It fits easily in the pocket of my leather jacket. We've been happy with it. It needs a better zoom though. That's my only complaint. ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »

I've never seen it there either, but as I recall, the dipsticks have changed for 07 and the dots won't fit........I could be wrong.......as I only glanced at it, made a mental note that the whole area looked "different" and moved on.  Doesn't matter tho'.  It won't be there long.  DAMN!  That bike is awesome.

Thanks Red and Henry. I thought it was a strange place myself. But after them being so good to me, I didn't want to insult them and ask them to remove it. They deserve a little publicity from me. It'll be gone soon though. ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »

Handling: If HD doesn't set up every Touring Bike like this from here on in, we're getting robbed!!! The bike handles fantastic. I only have about 80 miles on it now. Too cold to get the tires good and heated and the radials take a little more break-in. With all that, you can throw this thing around like a toy! I thought I was riding the Pro Street. It feels so light and well balanced, it's like it's on Auto-pilot.

Congrats on finally getting it under.  See, all that raving I've been doing about how great that bike handles wasn't just BS or my infaturation with the bike in general.  They really did do it right.  I finally got to ride mine today with the RH slip-ons and being able to hear the engine and knowing when to shift from the sound makes it even more enjoyable.  Can't wait to get the SERT and dyno done.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 now a 117", stage 4 heads, 10.5:1, HPI 58mm TB, Bob Wood 408-6 cams, Borezilla 2-1, SAE dyno 141Tq/139Hp no radio, no windshield, just fast!
    • Battlefield Motorcycle Club
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »

Congrats! come on spring or at least a sunny 35. Hoody

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »

Congrats on finally getting it under.  See, all that raving I've been doing about how great that bike handles wasn't just BS or my infaturation with the bike in general.  They really did do it right.  I finally got to ride mine today with the RH slip-ons and being able to hear the engine and knowing when to shift from the sound makes it even more enjoyable.  Can't wait to get the SERT and dyno done.

Right on the money Bob. You were 100% correct in the bike's handling. Like you, I haven't even pushed it yet. You can tell this bike will stick a lot better in turns than bias ply tires! I think when the tires are broken-in and it gets warmer, these things are gonna be glued to the road! So I got the bike, and I'm back to waiting. Waiting for the SPO's, True-Track, PC, Dyno-tune, 1000 mi break-in, another Dyno-tune, warmer weather. I guess we really never stop waiting for things, do we! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »

Congrats! come on spring or at least a sunny 35. Hoody

Thanks hoody, I hope we get another warm spell too. I just missed 70 deg weather by 2 weeks. There'll be more! Later. ;) Hoist! 8-)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »

Sweet pictures Howie! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Your a proud Papa and I'm proud for ya Buddy! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »

Howie,
Congratulations!  Great pictures.  Bet it was hard not to roll on that throttle :-/.  Be safe up there.  Nasty weather down my way.  About 2 inches of snow and freezing rain falling now.  I still haven't been able to find snow tires for my Ultra  ;D.  Enjoy friend and ride safe,
Tony

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2007, 08:37:37 PM »

Thanks so much John and Tony. Maiden Voyage was really great. The first 50 miles was rough because you're keeping the bike between 2000 and 2500 RPM. After the first 50, I picked up another 500 RPM. It was more fun having a 1000 RPM range than 500. But next wait is longer to 4000 RPM. I'm gonna wait until 250-500 miles and drop the SYN3 out, put my M1VT, RLSP and RLMTL in, put the PC & SPO's on and have it Dyno-tuned to 4000 RPM. I'm expecting a little more fun then. Then I'm doing the 1K service and WOT Dyno-tune, until 1000 miles and full fun!!! So I guess I'm still waiing, huh? ;) Hoist! 8-)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »

Nice bike, garage looks like it's getting full.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

Hoist! you da man!!!

This as to be [highlight]the[/highlight] most anticipated SERK.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

3 pages & still going!

Best of luck.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 10:51:02 PM »

Nice bike, garage looks like it's getting full.

Thanks M_M. Getting full? It was workable with the 3. The 4th just made it impossible. Living in the big city definitely restricts your space allocations. I'm lucky I have a garage that can fit more than 2. I have to sell the '03 RK and it'll be liveable again. But in a few more years there'll be another city boy moving down south to NC. I'll be looking to stretch out a little down there! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 10:59:05 PM »

Hoist! you da man!!!

This as to be [highlight]the[/highlight] most anticipated SERK.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

3 pages & still going!

Best of luck.

Thanks AJ. Yeah man, it's finally done! I'm surprised that after all the hype the last 3 months, that it still met all of my expectations. That's pretty impressive. Especially since I held the bar pretty high for HD, in my mind. I know what RK's feel like pretty darn good. And I had this preconceived notion of what the RK needed to be perfect. Then they intro'd the '07 SERK. It had all this chit that I knew it needed. And they pulled it off! Now I just gotta move on to other anticipations! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.