Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage  (Read 16899 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »

Congratulations on the new wheels Hoist! Thanks for sharing the photos! BUT, how do you manage to get three bikes and not get divorced?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »

Hoist,

Thanks so much for this thread.  Reading your review brought back all the great memories of my first weekend with the new bike.  And oh by the way over 500 miles in (I would like to have twice those miles, cursed snow) and none of the eliation has diminshed.

Not that I need to say this, but let us know how much differenc the True-Track makes.  That is one of the items on my list to bribe  [smiley=drink.gif] Don into helping me install.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  The exhaust is still first on the list though.  I'm old, I need a bike that I can hear when I'm going faster than 50mph.

Later,
Ghost

Thanks Travis, I'm hoping to get some of that good weather back myself. I don't have it near as bad as you did. glad you got your power back in time to keep up with this. I'll definitely offer my take on the True-Track after it's in. I was hoping for next week. With the weather leaving here, It's all up in the air. I have the part, so it's definitely gonna happen. When? Good question! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »

Congratulations on the new wheels Hoist! Thanks for sharing the photos! BUT, how do you manage to get three bikes and not get divorced?

Thanks Hogbreath. I had the bikes before the wife. She already knew the deal going in. Sometimes it's easier the second time around! ::) If you look closer, there's four. My Pro Street's buried in the back perpendicular to the other three. ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »

Thanks Hogbreath. I had the bikes before the wife. She already knew the deal going in. Sometimes it's easier the second time around! ::) If you look closer, there's four. My Pro Street's buried in the back perpendicular to the other three. ;) Hoist! 8-)

Four wifes? or Four bikes? GREAT looking RK! The RK was my second choice after the UC. I take the UC and strip it down. with the RK, I could simply add parts. It's probably a much easier bike to change the look of.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »

Four wifes? or Four bikes? GREAT looking RK! The RK was my second choice after the UC. I take the UC and strip it down. with the RK, I could simply add parts. It's probably a much easier bike to change the look of.

How'd you guess my wife's name is Pro Street! ::) If you like a fairing and all the electronics, you buy an Ultra. If you want only a touring motorcycle, you buy an RK. You can add and take-off stuff with either. But neither one will ever convert to the other! ;) Hoist! 8-)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »

Your wife "ProStreet" is buried in the back with the other three? And You admit this online????

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »

Your wife "ProStreet" is buried in the back with the other three? And You admit this online????

Ooops! :o Hoist! 8-)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2007, 04:45:58 PM »

No wonder you can afford four bikes

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2007, 05:00:48 PM »

No wonder you can afford four bikes

"Certain restrictions do apply". The '03 RK was supposed to be sold already. That one's gone in the Spring. Three's the limit! And that's not wives! ;) Hoist! 8-)

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2007, 05:01:44 PM »

Hey wait a minute...Hmmmm...I just did up the wifes life insurance?
Naw...couldnt do that...love "r to much...almost as much as the bike!!!
Crap...did I just put that in writing...???   :o
 ;D ;D ;D
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »

Three wives would put me in the insane asylum! *unless they were all three like my wife* (She may be watching)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »

Howie,

Glad you're happy with the new toy!  From the pictures, it looks like Queens.  The roads still as messed up as when I left 16 years ago?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »

Howie,

Glad you're happy with the new toy!  From the pictures, it looks like Queens.  The roads still as messed up as when I left 16 years ago?

Give that man a cigar! Thanks a lot Ernie. Yeah, I really like this bike. The roads here overall are nowhere near as bad as they were when the democrats ruled the city! (this is not political, so don't start) ;D With all the expansion, construction, and infrastructure improvements, they've done much better keeping up with them. You still know you're on NYC streets though, if you know what I mean! ;) Hoist! 8-)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »

Thanks for the pics Ernie. Nice ride. Congrats on the addition to an already righteous stable of bikes. By the way, how much beer can you carry home on that luggage rack ? It's humongous  :D

B B
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:42:41 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »

Thanks for the pics [highlight]Ernie[/highlight]. Nice ride. Congrats on the addition to an already righteous stable of bikes. By the way, how much beer can you carry home on that luggage rack ? It's humongous  :D

B B

I know you meant me, B B. Thanks man. Coming from you, that means a lot. That's HD's 2-up luggage rack. It's my answer to the TP. I just got the bike home from picking it up. It came off immediately after. It holds the largest SAC sissy bar bag they make. We have room for 3 weeks on the road. It's only for trips. And because of that, you can save a saddlebag for the beer! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 24 queries.