Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infotainment question on start-up  (Read 2994 times)

ultrarider123

Infotainment question on start-up
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »

As I B new to the GPS/navigation crowd with the '15, is there anyway to delete/stop/destroy the lawyer blurb that comes up EVERY time I stop and then re-start the bike?  It's my bike.  Ain't nobody else gonna ride it.  I understand the legal jargon is required in an attempt to limit litigation to the MoCo but it is a pain in the booty to have to "accept" each and every time.

I've searched the menu on the infotainment system but I will admit to not reading the "war and peace" sized operations manual for said unit.....

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Infotainment question on start-up
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »

Of course!   :2vrolijk_21:   Take a hammer or other heavy, solid, striking tool and when the "accept" option appears, aim carefully and strike vigorously and repeatedly.  Careful though, as this may interrupt your music.     :huepfenlol2:    :huepfenlol2:   

:oops:   I have checked every setting but have failed to get rid of it.    :(

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »

I've done a fair amount of searching on line, Howard, and have found only the same question you and many others of us have asked, but no answer.  I know there's a "secret" menu that you can get into and you use the same method as the one to check for DTC's to get into it.  This method opens up another menu layer that I'm guessing is more for the techs at a dealer.  I've gone thru those menu items and have found nothing that would allow us to prevent this screen from appearing, and there's little info on line about this other menu, which is frustrating as well.
My guess is pressing "Accept" is also some type of interlock to finish the booting process on the system, but I have no proof of that.
Anyone else know more?
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »

At least with the Garmin RT Zumo 660 (and 665 I think) the warning message does go away after a very few seconds so you don't have to 'accept' it.  Wonder if that is true with the infotainment / gps unit on the Rushmore bikes or does it just sit there and churn until you 'accept' the warning?

Not meaning to hijack your thread Haird but I always leave my RT Zumo 660 on battery power when I stop unless of course it is going to be for an extended time.  Wonder if you can do that on the Rushmore bikes and still lock it and have the security arm?  Kinda doubt it but just wondering.  It sure helps after a gas / meal / rest stop to be able to pick right back up on your route without your gps device having to reacquire a satellite and bring up your route.  Sometimes with my Garmin that happens very fast but then again sometimes it can take several minutes.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »

Strongly suggest you read and reread the book. It is a good thing. No idea how to override start-up. I wish there was a way, but I can not find one.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:09:33 PM »

I've done a fair amount of searching on line, Howard, and have found only the same question you and many others of us have asked, but no answer.  I know there's a "secret" menu that you can get into and you use the same method as the one to check for DTC's to get into it.  This method opens up another menu layer that I'm guessing is more for the techs at a dealer.  I've gone thru those menu items and have found nothing that would allow us to prevent this screen from appearing, and there's little info on line about this other menu, which is frustrating as well.
My guess is pressing "Accept" is also some type of interlock to finish the booting process on the system, but I have no proof of that.
Anyone else know more?
Don't think so Harry. I've started my bike without hitting the accept button before when I didn't feel like waiting the two minutes (or however long) for it to boot up. The music will start playing and I'll go to glance at the screen and still the the accept screen lit up.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 09:11:49 PM »

Don't think so Harry. I've started my bike without hitting the accept button before when I didn't feel like waiting the two minutes (or however long) for it to boot up. The music will start playing and I'll go to glance at the screen and still the the accept screen lit up.

Yep!  Right you are, Mike.  Even as I was writing that in my post, I was trying to remember if it would continue booting up and now that you mention it, I do remember that the music will start playing without hitting Accept.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 10:04:50 PM »

Not at this time. But as soon as it appears hit the Right joy stick.
There are a few working on the files. if you take  the update file and un mount it on to your computer you can access some of the settings in one of the files to make the changes for the splash screen and speed lock out and others but so far nobody that i know of has gotten the file to load after the changes have been made we need some software GURUS
Here is a thread about this subject that details it better then i can.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-rushmore-models/1040881-hacking-the-hd-infotainment-system.htm   I can only hope some day soon.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 10:18:46 PM »

Not at this time. But as soon as it appears hit the Right joy stick.
There are a few working on the files. if you take  the update file and un mount it on to your computer you can access some of the settings in one of the files to make the changes for the splash screen and speed lock out and others but so far nobody that i know of has gotten the file to load after the changes have been made we need some software GURUS
Here is a thread about this subject that details it better then i can.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-rushmore-models/1040881-hacking-the-hd-infotainment-system.htm   I can only hope some day soon.
I'd be willing to bet that the VSS wire if cut would unlock the ability to make changes to the GPS while in motion. Sure as hell ain't going to do it on my bike though. Both my trucks have factory nav units in them. I installed a switch in them to allow a passenger to make changes while the truck is in motion by doing what I said above.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback folks.  I guess we put up with it for now and hopefully somebody will come up with a fix down the road..... ;D

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.