Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Car swerves to hit motorcyclist on purpose then says....."I don't care"  (Read 5027 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
Re: Car swerves to hit motorcyclist on purpose then says....."I don't care"
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »

Bad decisions all around in that video. The old guy made the worst one though.

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »

Last I heard the female on the back is still in critical condition.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 03:52:44 PM »

Sad and bad thinking.  At least he stopped.
Will

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »

Between the shootings in WacKo earlier this year, and now this clown, Texas doesn't seem to be very biker friendly these days...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »

Just watched it on the news. The cage driver says he don't care." WTF " Bout killed two !!!!!!!!!! With a ball bat I could make him care. Hope they throw his ass in jail for a while, he looks like he could be somebodies bitch. :confused5:

Tibs

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: '15 Limited
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »

Attempted murder....

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »

It was also covered on Greta on TV tonight.

Some clown was defending they guy in the car because the bike was passing on a double yellow.  To me, that is no defense, the car crossed the same double yellow to hit the bike. 

The car driver needs to be prosecuted for this I would call it attempted murder. 

From what I understand the car was about 20 under the speed limit which is why the bike was passing.

I have more than once had idiots speed up 20 or more mph when I have tired to legally pass.  We have some stupid drivers that think that crap is funny.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:23:37 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »

Actually I have actually been through a similar situation back in 1966. My buddy and I were riding by the high school we graduated from on our BSA's. Naturally we were speed into show off.  My buddy passed me when all of a sudden a car sped out from being parked on the side of the street and hit my buddy.  I was lucky and slid under a parked car no real injures. My buddy almost lost his left leg.  I had to testify in court as to what took place and I told the truth including our speed. Judge said it isn't matter if we were going 100 the car encroached in our space and therefore the driver of the car was at fault.   My buddy received a sizeable settlement from the drivers insurance but never rode again nor could he walk without a limp. My older brother bought the BSA the insurance replaced his with and still has it in his garage today.

I believe the driver of the car that swerved into the motorcycle in this case did it on purpose and should be charged with reckless endangerment or something that will take his drivers licences away for good. He used his car as a weapon and should be charged accordingly.

JMHO
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:14:46 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

Actually I have actually been through a similar situation back in 1966. My buddy and I were riding by the high school we graduated from on our BSA's. Naturally we were speed into show off.  My buddy passed me when all of a sudden a car sped out from being parked on the side of the street and hit my buddy.  I was lucky and slid under a parked car no real injures. My buddy almost lost his left leg.  I had to testify in court as to what took place and I told the truth including our speed. Judge said it isn't matter if we were going 100 the car encroached in our space and therefore the driver of the car was at fault.   My buddy received a sizeable settlement from the drivers insurance but never rode again nor could he walk without a limp. My older brother bought the BSA the insurance rep,aced his with and still has it in his garage today.

I believe the driver of the car that swerved into the motorcycle in this case did it on purpose and should be charged with reckless endangerment or something that will take his drivers licences away for good. He used his car as a weapon and should be charged accordingly.

JMHO

I  hate when this type of thing happens, everyone looses.
Jim we have all done some really stupid things at least once in our lives. Now me, I've done so many stupid things in my life I think if I wrote them all down the paper factory would have to add two more shifts.
I hope the passenger recovers from this and the cage driver is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 06:21:16 AM »

WOW !! Nothing Good can come out of something like this too many nut cases out there.
DND

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 09:00:10 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2015/10/19/driver-in-viral-video-wreck-wreck-charged-with-assault/74240788/

this guy is a piece of work.  he says that he was stung by a bee and it was an involuntary reflex and he didn't even know they were there, then he says that he would apologize to the girl but not the guy because he was doing 'something illegal'.

http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/article/20151019/NEWS/151019367

However, this is not the first time Crum has had a run in with the law in Hood County, or Somervell County for that matter, and is also not the first time he has been accused of misconduct with a motor vehicle, according to arrest and court records.

On July 28, 1989, Crum was arrested by Arlington police for assault and family violence, and later charged and sentenced to one-year's probation. He was also force to pay an undisclosed restitution. Fast forward a few years to Aug. 23, 1993, Crum was picked up by Granbury PD for silent or abusive calls to a 9-1-1 service – a class B misdemeanor that was later dismissed after he recognized himself as the culprit prior to the case being deferred on Sept. 9, 1993.

All illegal, but not exactly relatable to the current charge.

Six months and change later, Crum was scooped up by Somervell County sheriff’s deputies for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle – a 3rd degree felony he plead no contest to. Crum was convicted of the charge on Sept. 26, 1994, which resulted in an $87 court cost, 80 hours of community service and two years of community supervision.

Thirteen years later, he was again found to be improperly using a vehicle by the Somervell County Sheriff’s Department. Crum was observed to be driving recklessly on March 28, 2007, but this time was also charged with making a terroristic threat. Despite pleading 'not guilty' to the charge of making a terroristic threat, he was later convicted of both charges and confined to two years in jail, while being forced to pay $500 in court fines and a $612 court fines.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:16:29 AM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
Cager arrested.
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 01:32:51 PM »

Would love to see him at least get some time.......not 40 yrs, but 10 would be cool.....maybe he will care next time!!!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=104798.0
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »

Oh, he's gonna' care now.  2 counts of aggravated assault.  Even if he get's off by some miracle, he still gets to pay the bloodsucker's fees - not to mention the civil suit.

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 24 queries.