Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Saddlebag Lock  (Read 7386 times)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Saddlebag Lock
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 06:10:27 PM »

I have been a member of this site for several weeks now and this is my first post. I joined because of my relatively new found love for hd's and  because I anticipated that I could learn a whole lot about them here. I had been to other forums before but never joined. However there appeared to be something special about this site and I wanted to be a part of it. The good natured ribbing that I read before joining and the helpful hints that I saw being exchanged seemed like family being family and family taking care of family.  But having recently noticed two exchanges that seemed inappropriate for our "family" I thought it was time to say something re one of them. I  have learned a lot from Hoist's posts (and those of many other members here) and would like to say thanks to him and everyone else on this site. Accordingly I for one would  vote for him to keep those numbers up. (does anyone really care about the number of posts someone has? if you do why would you?  the phrase "get a life" comes to mind) Anyway if  someone has a problem with another brother's post (and don't forget that being brothers is part of who we are) then  simply scoll on down the page. Hopefully I have not offended anyone here as that was not my intention.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 06:33:28 PM »

twojay, welcome to the site! [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif]

We are like family here . . . . . but just like family, we get on one another's nerves from time-to-time.  The two posters have taken public what would have been better off handled in PM's, but they say they're "done," so I'll take them at their word.  The special atmosphere that you mentioned in your post is what the Rules of Posting and we, as Moderators, look to maintain.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 06:42:44 PM »

Twojay

Glad your here

Get ready to spend some money!

This site will cost you.

But you will have a blast!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 07:34:36 PM »

Thanks 103 thunder. I am glad to be here and I promise, on my soon to be new SERK,  to play nice with all the other kids. And you guys do a great job as moderators, so thanks for making this all possible.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Silver-Black. Unfortunately you are right about the costs. I had several pages of mods that I was considering, after reading about them here, and nearly had the big one when I started adding up the total costs. Oh well, it's only money. lol

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 07:44:07 PM »

twojay,
Welcome to the site, we are glad to have you join us. When you get a chance you should go here - New Member Introduction , and start a thread to introduce yourself.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 07:54:21 PM »

twojay,

Welcome to the site...lots of info here...just go looking for it.  I, like so many others, have learned more from here than I can possibly ever contribute.  

Congrats with your new SERK from another SERK owner...they are the kings...no doubt about it.   ;)  
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:20 PM »

Couldn't imagine all the activity over a saddlebag lock and most likely could have looked in sooner, but it does give me the chance to say welcome twojay.

You'll learn a lot here especially as you are relatively new to Harley.  The more the merrier [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:35 PM »

Welcome aboard TJ. Always great to have another SERK owner with us. What color did you order? A bunch of us just recently picked up our '07's. You'll be able to learn a lot from what each of us have done. That'll make things easier figuring out what you want to do to your bike. I didn't say cheaper, just a little easier! I hope you handle the wait better than I did! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »

Welcome to site TJ, and especially to another SERK owner. You'll have some fun, and expenses, to be sure.

[smiley=drink.gif]
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 09:27:51 PM »

like they said,,,,, welcome to serkdom.

(hope you bought the RED one,,  They are the faster ones)

DA_N,,, I need to start getting my post count up.
( I like pis_in people off) ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=apple.gif]
RED BIKES RULE
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:29:24 PM by harleyteam »

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007, 09:18:56 AM »

Welcome to the site TJ I'm new here myself. I've thoroughly enjoyed the site myself. I agree with you. Hoist is my mentor. i hope to soon have my posts per day count up to match his. He seems to be ok, for a Damn Yankee.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 09:21:50 AM »

Hey GW has every thing but the potato-potato sound. Anti-lock brakes lots more gadgets whats not to like :-[ LESS$$ Would be interesting to lurk over on one of there web fourms and see if they have any paint-motor problems? But never for me. HD for life [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Laughing here. You're exactly right skycuse. I'm Harley for life myself. I do think the GW is a great bike, it's just not for me. It's not a Harley. I'd guess the GW would last longer, run faster, and require less maintenance. As I told a friend who asked me WHY I bought a Harley, I simply replied, if I had to explain, you'd never understand.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 09:38:50 AM »

Laughing here. You're exactly right skycuse. I'm Harley for life myself. I do think the GW is a great bike, it's just not for me. It's not a Harley. I'd guess the GW would [highlight] (1)last longer[/highlight], [highlight] (2)run faster[/highlight], and require less maintenance. As I told a friend who asked me WHY I bought a Harley, I simply replied, if I had to explain, you'd never understand.

I take exception to the following things

1) Last longer????? How many 50 year old goldwings do you see?
OK, OK maybe 20 year old wings? I'm betting that percentage wise there are more 20 year old harleys than 20 year old wings still running.

2) Run faster than what? Even with my SEEG I got great pleasure dusting wingers. Trust me, they are not that fast.

Hogbreath, you are right on the rest!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 10:21:51 AM »

I take exception to the following things

1) Last longer????? How many 50 year old goldwings do you see?
OK, OK maybe 20 year old wings? I'm betting that percentage wise there are more 20 year old harleys than 20 year old wings still running.

2) Run faster than what? Even with my SEEG I got great pleasure dusting wingers. Trust me, they are not that fast.

Hogbreath, you are right on the rest!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

You know, I couldn't argue with you wither way. you may very well be 150% right. I assummed that with the 6 cylinder air cooled engine it would be both long lasting and fast. I have never ridden one though. Either way, I'll keep my hawg.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.