Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Floorboard relocation suggestions...  (Read 4457 times)

turn_key

Floorboard relocation suggestions...
« on: December 29, 2015, 10:51:24 PM »

I'm big and tall and had spacers and extended floorboards on my ultra, and it helped, but didn't quite get me where I would like them. I've seen the kits that require notching out the lowers and such but that's no good. I also had a tallboy seat but don't want to swap it with the plush/heated seat on the cvo. Any suggestions?

Quicksilver55

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Re: Floorboard relocation suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:40:37 AM »

I just bought a 2016 cvo street glide that's still at the dealership getting the motor done. I have had tall boys cycles floorboard lowering and extensions on my bikes and will have them on this bike. I realize that the lowers have to be trimmed, but I found a shop that does a lot of custom body, paint work that will do the trimming and touch up. I don't want to give up the comfort and at resale I'll leave the extended floorboards on the bike and no one will be any wiser. Let me know if you want the guys shop number he's supposed to be one of the best in the Chicago area.
2016 CVO Street Glide a work in progress for winter

turn_key

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »

I would appreciate that. Since you have the tallboys brackets can I ask if the come in more than one option? I thought I read that you can choose the offset. I have the hd extended footboard pans and the vtwingoodies spacers so right now I'm out 1 inch and forward 1 inch, but I would love if I can get them down.

Thanks

Quicksilver55

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:41:08 PM »

Sorry I just saw this now and the answer is no they come in one flavor but the do work with the vtwin extensions which I am also using. you can check their website at tallboyscycles.com 

turn_key

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 01:11:37 PM »

Thanks for getting back to me. I might be able to squeeze another inch out of the footboards with the Kuryakyn spacers...we'll see. COME ON SUMMER!

Hog103cvo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 11:28:44 PM »

There  is a company called softbrake that makes modified brake levers that also are supposed to help. I've now got both kits and plan to fit Asap.

turn_key

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 11:56:59 PM »

There  is a company called softbrake that makes modified brake levers that also are supposed to help. I've now got both kits and plan to fit Asap.

Thanks. I've seen those and that is something I'll do in the future, I'm still working on the seat issue for now.

rrjacoy

• OR

• CVO1: 23 FLHTKSEANV
    • CVO2: 15 FLHTKSE - Sold
    • CVO3: 09 FLTHCUSE4 - Sold
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:22:53 AM »

Quicksilver55, I emailed TallboysCycles and Andy responded back saying their floorboard relocators won't work with the Airflow floorboards that come stock on the 2014-2016 CVO touring bikes.  The Airflow pan is different than the traditional stock or Streamliner boards.  He said the reason is the foorboards do not allow for modification clearance of the mounting bolts for the lower fairing to the engine guard.  Honestly I'm not quite sure what he means by that.  I have a CVO Limited which they list on their site among the bikes that will fit so I was confused by his statement.  I don't mind trimming my lowers if it means I can stretch my legs out a little.  Did you get these to work on your bike?  Did you have to do anything more than trim the lowers?

Thanks,
Randy

turn_key

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »

Randy, I also tried the kuryakyn spacers and they don't fit also. I was tempted to swap out cvo footboards for the swept wing pans but not sure how that would go...

rrjacoy

• OR

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »

I had the Kuryakyn relocators on my 2009 CVO Ultra and really liked them but as you pointed out they don't have anything for the 2014-2016 bikes.  I currently have these on my bike which move the boards out 1" http://vtwingoodies.com/hdf/pages/12fl_cvo.html but not forward.  I still would prefer the Tall Boys Cycles kit that moves them down 2" and forward 2" if they'll fit.  Ideally I'd be able to keep the spaces too.  Hopefully Quicksilver55 got them on his bike and will let us know.  Maybe he can post some pics!

Quicksilver55

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 01:54:11 PM »

Quicksilver55, I emailed TallboysCycles and Andy responded back saying their floorboard relocators won't work with the Airflow floorboards that come stock on the 2014-2016 CVO touring bikes.  The Airflow pan is different than the traditional stock or Streamliner boards.  He said the reason is the foorboards do not allow for modification clearance of the mounting bolts for the lower fairing to the engine guard.  Honestly I'm not quite sure what he means by that.  I have a CVO Limited which they list on their site among the bikes that will fit so I was confused by his statement.  I don't mind trimming my lowers if it means I can stretch my legs out a little.  Did you get these to work on your bike?  Did you have to do anything more than trim the lowers?

Thanks,
Randy

rrjacoy

• OR

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 03:12:16 PM »

Quicksilver55, it looks like you quoted my original message in your reply but I don't see a reply?

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.