Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Akrapovic with FulSac  (Read 7008 times)

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
Akrapovic with FulSac
« on: January 02, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »

Installed the Akrapovic back in 2014. Titanium(!), so unbelievably lightweight. Also have the optional sound valve - or whatever they call it.

I like the hot-rod sound. Not as deep as the V&H I was running, but acceptable to my ears.

I usually ran with the valve open, unless coming home late or leaving early. I finally got around to installing the DX pipe. The exhaust is MUCH louder; obviously, the CAT makes a great muffler, as well as restrictor and heat producer. 

I am happy all the way around.

FulSac/Akrapovic/Ohlins = Almost a sport bike.
Spada84
NoSofa!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Akrapovic with FulSac
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 02:35:12 PM »

Sounds like a great setup. I have always liked the Akrapovic, just never could part with the cash as they are very proud of them.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

spada84

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:23:12 AM »

Sounds like a great setup. I have always liked the Akrapovic, just never could part with the cash as they are very proud of them.

True. Anything that is lightweight and well built is expensive. I lucked out and found a used set on eBay. A dealer put on his personal bike, and took them off when he put it on the floor. Looked brand new. I probably paid his cost.
Spada84
NoSofa!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »

I was at the Ducati dealer yesterday getting info on the new XDiavel (Yea, I know..) and they told me that Akrapovic is now who makes their factory upgrade exhaust systems instead of Termignoni for whatever thats worth
Alan

spada84

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:12:08 AM »

I was at the Ducati dealer yesterday getting info on the new XDiavel (Yea, I know..) and they told me that Akrapovic is now who makes their factory upgrade exhaust systems instead of Termignoni for whatever thats worth

Not surprised. I could not believe how light they were when I picked them at at Daytona a couple of years back. The quality of construction and design is over-the-top.

About the Diavel; Took a friend to the bike show in DC a few years back. He has been riding for 45 years and never owned anything but HD. He was all over that bike. Probably would have bought one if not so close to retirement. I would love to have one, but just doesn't fit in my life right now.
Spada84
NoSofa!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 11:00:44 PM »

Not surprised. I could not believe how light they were when I picked them at at Daytona a couple of years back. The quality of construction and design is over-the-top.

About the Diavel; Took a friend to the bike show in DC a few years back. He has been riding for 45 years and never owned anything but HD. He was all over that bike. Probably would have bought one if not so close to retirement. I would love to have one, but just doesn't fit in my life right now.
I have no business getting one of those bikes, I have no business getting one of those bikes, etc,etc...
I am safe for now because the new one doesn't come out till Feb. Than I will re read this post over and over
Alan

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 01:40:50 AM »

Ducatis look like pieces of art on wheels.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »

Your not helping..
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 08:53:20 AM »

I have no business getting one of those bikes, I have no business getting one of those bikes, etc,etc...
I am safe for now because the new one doesn't come out till Feb. Than I will re read this post over and over

Your 124" isn't fun enough?  :nixweiss:

I'm thinking you better be thinking about a row boat.  Saw on the news this morning where the Off Road Warehouse owner (multiple Baja 1000 winner) has been using his rig to push the stalled cars out of the water over by your office.  Sure hope your building is high and dry......we're good here.  The intersection has been flooded the last two days and the police have it blocked off but that's it.  This is the time of year I'm glad I have the 4x4.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 12:09:48 AM »

Your 124" isn't fun enough?  :nixweiss:

I'm thinking you better be thinking about a row boat.  Saw on the news this morning where the Off Road Warehouse owner (multiple Baja 1000 winner) has been using his rig to push the stalled cars out of the water over by your office.  Sure hope your building is high and dry......we're good here.  The intersection has been flooded the last two days and the police have it blocked off but that's it.  This is the time of year I'm glad I have the 4x4.
I figured you would post up some of the crazy scenes from the last couple of days on your "life in Coronado" thread. Give everyone a giggle that has been seeing the pics from usual San Diego for the last couple of years while they have been dealing with their weather.
Alan

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 08:55:33 AM »

Multistrada 1200 S  One of my customers bought one of these.. Will be tuning it here soon , he just swapped out the ex system and waiting on the tips .  160 Hp weight just under 500 whats not to like  HA HA .. For a dual sport bike ( read hyper) should be a lot of fun..
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »

Uh oh .... lol. Trust me, once you take one for a ride it's all over ... you're hooked and won't want to go home without it! Ask me how I know.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 12:01:04 PM »

Multistrada 1200 S  One of my customers bought one of these.. Will be tuning it here soon , he just swapped out the ex system and waiting on the tips .  160 Hp weight just under 500 whats not to like  HA HA .. For a dual sport bike ( read hyper) should be a lot of fun..

Awesome bikes, had they did what they did to the new ones (factory C/C & VVT) back in '13 I might still be riding mine! They run great out of the box, I couldn't imagine how much better it would be after you get your hands on it. See if you can post a before/after vid ... love to watch it. I still miss mine sometimes, most fun I ever had on 2 wheels. I'm not sure if they offer the Granturismo anymore? No biggie, you could always buy the top box for it.
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »

Yep ... and run like they have afterburners on them!
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »

Just listen to all 162 of those ponies gallup!
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.