Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42747 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2007, 01:54:58 AM »

so,, what are these covers you speak of ??????

and can we get a pic of one ?????

Chromedome, the Co. that makes the eagle horn covers like on my bike, also makes sculpted inserts for the center of the
S&S teardrop covers. You can see all their stuff on their site. The guy's name is Dennis too. We get a good discount (in Vendor Discounts- Chromedome).

http://www.chromedomemotorcycleproducts.com/products.htm

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2007, 04:45:52 AM »

Hey Howie - your scoot looks stunning. It's a credit to you and shows what a lot of time, effort and research can result in.

I am thinking about sending you my new CACO SERK when it arrives so that you can do the mods on it ! Ever thought of setting up a CVO modifying business ?  ;D

I've kind of backed off making any more decisions on what I am going to do with my scoot until I have a firm delivery date. Then I can start ordering with a purpose.

Hope the good weather comes soon.

Cheers,

Nige

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2007, 11:20:44 AM »

Hey Howie - your scoot looks stunning. It's a credit to you and shows what a lot of time, effort and research can result in.

Yes, indubitably, and also what one can accomplish when he says "phuck the warranty!". :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2007, 11:50:27 PM »

I am thinking about sending you my new CACO SERK when it arrives so that you can do the mods on it ! Ever thought of setting up a CVO modifying business ?  ;D

I've kind of backed off making any more decisions on what I am going to do with my scoot until I have a firm delivery date. Then I can start ordering with a purpose.

Hope the good weather comes soon.

Cheers,

Nige

Hey Nige, thanks a lot. I did the research and determined the parts I wanted to use, but I didn't do all the wrenching. Had the performance mods done at my buddy's shop. Getting the hard bags I have, painted to match is my next project.

You must be going nuts waiting on yours. I know that by the time you get it, you'll know exactly what you'll want to do to it, flappers and all! In the meantime, you get to see what works and what doesn't, what looks good or not, all right here. This site has got it's chit together! Stay patient, you'll love the bike! If I can assist you or advise you in any way, let me know. Thanks again Nige.

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:03:57 AM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

Well, this is as good a place as any for No. 2500. Today was such a beautiful day. I got to spend about five hours on and off the bike and racked up another 175 mi. Rode around Long Island. Made various stops along the way. Bringing the revs up and down, riding awhile, and stopping to let the bike cool off. Not that it's hot at all, never got over 207 deg. It's just how I like to break it in. The bike ran like a dream. The sound is phenomenal. Those SPO's sound perfect! You really hear that nice stroker growl when you back off the throttle at 4 grand. That's as far as I pushed it and only just a little. Throttle respone from about 2700 and up is really nice. This bike wants to cruise at 80-100 in 6th. This is my trip bike, and the gearing couldn't be better. Took it to almost 100 and only hit hit 4 grand. This thing is sweet!!!

Anyway, during my 30-45 min legs, I got to thinking about the bike and how I got it this way. How I knew exactly what to do to it, even before I got it. That led me to thinking about this site and the people here. How lucky I was to have stumbled upon this site at the end of last October. It captured me at first because I saw people who actually knew what they were talking about technically, and helped each other too. I then saw the community that exists here. Not a bunch of strangers sharing something in common. But a real sense of family and community. Sharing good times and bad times. Consoling each other in sorrowful times. Celebrating and encouraging each other. As well as fighting and torturing each other sometimes. Mom and Pop (mods) to keep the children in line. Everything a real family goes through. And much more than a lot of families will ever get to experience. And I understand how fortunate I am to be a part of this. It truly gives one hope, that a bunch of total strangers can get together on their computers and become a caring, genuine, compassionate, sharing family. I know how rare that is with people you know, let alone with strangers! And I hope Neal realizes how incredible it is that his creation developed into this. It's got to be more than he could have ever imagined.

Thank you all for letting me share my thoughts, my time, my sarcasm, my humor, my technical help as I can. And most of all, thank you for doing the same with me and allowing me to be a part of this unbelievable family!!!

Hoist! 8)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:26:48 PM by Hoist »

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »

Well, this is as good a place as any for No. 2500.
Hoist! 8)

Howie,
Congratulations friend.  So how many PCs have you gone through since your started this??? ;)
Sounds like things are coming together.  Glad everything's working out and you're getting some time on the SERK.  Mine consisted of getting the road grime, salt, sand, etc., off the  '03 and a short hop around the neighborhood.
Again - congrats on 2500 and be safe,
Tony

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »

Howie,
Congratulations friend.  So how many PCs have you gone through since your started this??? ;)
Sounds like things are coming together.  Glad everything's working out and you're getting some time on the SERK.  Mine consisted of getting the road grime, salt, sand, etc., off the  '03 and a short hop around the neighborhood.
Again - congrats on 2500 and be safe,
Tony

Thanks a lot Tony. I really appreciate that. You'll be ready with your new bike just in time for York. Look forward to meeting you there! Hoist! 8)

Tros

« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2007, 08:22:52 PM »

You got one nice looking ride there Hoist.  I especially like the S&S cover. :2vrolijk_21:   

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2007, 08:48:55 PM »

You got one nice looking ride there Hoist.  I especially like the S&S cover. :2vrolijk_21:   

Thanks Tros. I bought that entire Air Cleaner assembly just so I could properly put that cover on! Turns out it's a great quality performance A/C to boot! ;) Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2007, 04:20:22 AM »

Hey Howie - nice post for your 2500th.

I think your sentiments capture the essence of the CVO Forum extremely well. I too never thought that such a site could exist. The amount of information on here and the manner in which folk are willing to jump in and help is fantastic.

I know I am a long way away across the pond, but I'd like to think that some day I'll get to meet a few of the folks that live and breath their Harley passion through this site.

Later.

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2007, 10:46:36 PM »

Hoist, I had to make a quick run through of this entire thread.  I enjoyed a lot of great photos of your bike.  It looks great and sound like it runs that way too.  Thanks again for the info on the passing lamps!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2007, 10:53:25 PM »

Hoist, I had to make a quick run through of this entire thread.  I enjoyed a lot of great photos of your bike.  It looks great and sound like it runs that way too.  Thanks again for the info on the passing lamps!

No problem at all Phase. I was hoping this thread would help give you guys some idea of what the mods I did, look like. I'm glad it helped. And thanks for the compliment on my bike. I love that thing and it does run pretty nice. I can't wait for some more miles and get it Dyno'd based on my mods. I haven't checked, but based on yesterday's riding, I think I'm getting pretty good gas mileage right now too. But it hasn't been over 4000 RPM yet! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2007, 10:55:34 PM »

Hey Howie - nice post for your 2500th.

I think your sentiments capture the essence of the CVO Forum extremely well. I too never thought that such a site could exist. The amount of information on here and the manner in which folk are willing to jump in and help is fantastic.

I know I am a long way away across the pond, but I'd like to think that some day I'll get to meet a few of the folks that live and breath their Harley passion through this site.

Later.

Nige

Thanks a lot Nige! It comes straight from my heart! You hang in there my English Brother, yours will be here in no time at all! Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2007, 06:48:11 AM »

Hi Howie - I'm sure you must have mentioned this a thousand times before, but is that the Clearview screen on your scoot ? Is it the clear or the grey tint and presumably it is the one without the recurve.

At 6'0" I reckon I should go with the standard height screen as I don't want to be looking through the screen.

So that would be the HAR-RKD00 19.5"L

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2007, 09:33:05 AM »

Hi Howie - I'm sure you must have mentioned this a thousand times before, but is that the Clearview screen on your scoot ? Is it the clear or the grey tint and presumably it is the one without the recurve.

At 6'0" I reckon I should go with the standard height screen as I don't want to be looking through the screen.

So that would be the HAR-RKD00 19.5"L

Nige

Nige, we could wait (not long) for Hoist but here's his clearview from the other thread.    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,11268.15.html   Check post #22 for description in the Clearview thread.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:34:50 AM by Rjob749 »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 20 queries.