Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: New Harley Roadtech Zumo 590  (Read 19500 times)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
Re: New Harley Roadtech Zumo 590
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 09:01:21 AM »

I ordered the 590 today but still can't get an answer to whether or not the HD version has the upgradable TPMS option or not. Dealer did not know either because they haven't got one yet. I made it clear that if it did not have that I would not purchase which they were ok with. I can't imagine the HD version wouldn't have what the regular Zumo 590 would have but if anyone knows for sure please share. Also trying to figure out if I will have to change the cradle?
I will say I have reaserched the regular 590LM and it really has some great features. The big reason I am stepping up is the "twisty roads" option that I love. I am VERY directionally challenged and use my GPS almost every time I ride (can barely find my way home without it even in my car..) and am hoping to find new roads where I usually ride.

I would be interested in what you find out about this unit.  Does it have the NIM and TPMS?  I am sure they are depreciating the NIM but it would still be nice.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 02:57:50 PM »

For $800 it should include a bluetooth connection to my shorts for a friendly rub while riding.  Compared to what other completely competent GPS units cost nowadays these things are outrageous.

WOW....who sells and where can I get some of those Bluetooth shorts!! :pepper:

1badbagger

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 1962 XLCH
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 03:22:46 PM »

I would be interested in what you find out about this unit.  Does it have the NIM and TPMS?  I am sure they are depreciating the NIM but it would still be nice.

The NIM is still a separate item if you want to hear the turn prompts through your speakers. I'll let everyone know about TPSM when I pick it up and read through the manual.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 11:05:25 PM »

I got a hold of the EOM specific division of Garmin that handles the Road Tech version (after getting passed around for a half an hour) and he told me that it did have the TPMS option. It does not fit on the 660 cradle so I will have to replace. I will install next week and post after.
Alan

Mickle

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Gold Rush CVO FLHTKSE, sold.
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Anniversary FLHTKSE
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 05:07:58 AM »

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 11:49:42 AM »

Has anybody checked the 20% off dealers?  I was wondering if Rebbecca at Tri-State was still wheeling and dealing.

The NIM would be nice but not a show stopper.  The LM and TPMS is a requirement for me.

I added an aftermarket TPMS to my truck and gooseneck (34') trailer.  The TPMS save my butt twice.  Once when I blew out a tire on the trailer pulling into a gas station in Pecos, TX.  The other time running through Charlotte, NC when a rubber valve stem wore through on the truck and I got a fast leak during rush hour.  Both times I was able to take care of it before I was tooling down the road and damage happened.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »

And you may like one of these.

http://www.motogps.com.au/touratech-garmin-zumo-590-lm-lockable-handlebar-mount-clear/

Didn't see anywhere (perhaps I just missed it) any spec for handlebar diameter that mount was intended for.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »

I just picked up the Road Tech 590 today and it does not have the TPMS option. I called Garmin back and told them that I called them before I purchased and they told me it did have it but they now said that they made a mistake and are offering me a refund which the dealer is as well. it also is not a "lm" so I assume it does not come with updates either. Really bummed out but not much I can do about it other than return it. While playing with it today trying to find the TPMD option I did see how cool it is though and will probably just end up keeping it. Garmin also offered exchanging it for a regular 590LM which would solve both the update and TPMS issue which I have to think about because I love the "go to local HD dealerships" feature that one comes on the Road Tech (though I get its not that hard to search under POIs) and the 2 yr warranty instead of the 1 yr that comes on the standard Garmin. I have been using the Fobo TPMS system for a while now and really like that I can check my pressure by just walking by my bike so there is that..
Alan

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 04:03:41 AM »

I use a Garmin Zumo 590LM with their TPMS sensors and they will work great.

Many of our Chapter members did go for this combination and all are very pleased.

As I'm one of the Road Captains within our Chapter we will use Basecamp (for MAC) to define and planing our Trips and all tracks are interchangeable.

Greatings from Munich 8)
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 07:29:43 AM »

I just picked up the Road Tech 590 today and it does not have the TPMS option. I called Garmin back and told them that I called them before I purchased and they told me it did have it but they now said that they made a mistake and are offering me a refund which the dealer is as well. it also is not a "lm" so I assume it does not come with updates either. Really bummed out but not much I can do about it other than return it. While playing with it today trying to find the TPMD option I did see how cool it is though and will probably just end up keeping it. Garmin also offered exchanging it for a regular 590LM which would solve both the update and TPMS issue which I have to think about because I love the "go to local HD dealerships" feature that one comes on the Road Tech (though I get its not that hard to search under POIs) and the 2 yr warranty instead of the 1 yr that comes on the standard Garmin. I have been using the Fobo TPMS system for a while now and really like that I can check my pressure by just walking by my bike so there is that..

since you have a 2012, it is easy enough to run an aux cable into the aux in to hear turn by turn directions.  I'm assuming that you'll load up the 590 with your own music.  I think the tpms and lm options are big enough to return the roadtech unit and get the garmin one.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 08:12:19 AM »

Here is the description from the HD website:
The road ahead is easy to see on a 5" dual-orientation touchscreen display that is glove friendly and sunlight readable – you'll find it on the rough and rugged zumo 590LM premium GPS motorcycle navigator. Tough enough to withstand the brutal elements and the harsh weather conditions, zumo 590LM offers hands-free phone control and spoken directions heard in-helmet via Bluetooth® technology. Zumo includes an MP3 player and works with iPod and Pandora for music control right on its display.
Bright sunlight readable high resolution display
SmartPhone Link - Enables the customer to access basic weather, local search, and LIVE Tracker
Active Lane Guidance, exit services and PhotoReal junction views
Curvy Road/Round Trip Feature
Media Player- Integrated iPod® control with MP3 player
Pandora Music Player
Upgradable features include advanced weather radar/alerts, live traffic images, fuel prices, safety cameras
Requires separate purchase of Handlebar Mount Kit P/N 76000191A or 76000192A or Fairing Mount Kit P/N 92238-09
Big Lew
IBA #595

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »

Thank you SDCVO for you update on this.  I emailed Jon @ Horny Toad HD and he was willing to give a 10% discount and I was about to pull the trigger on it. 

It is a real bummer that they do not include the TPMS option.  I realize that you have to purchase the sensors separately, but having that ability would be really nice.  This must be why the HD version is $100 less then the Garmin model.

I know that HD lists the device as a Zumo 590LM, but as far as LM goes, I see that HD does not list that as a feature in their descriptions for any of their currently listed Zumo's so I am suspect if it is there.  In this day and age (and at this price) LM should be included with the GPS (along with that little device Twolanerider was asking about).

As a PS -- you will note that HD lists the product as a Road Tech Zumo 590 Navigation System - Domestic and not the 590LM.  When I search for a Garmin model it always comes up as a 590LM.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:36:24 AM by charles05663 »

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »

When I purchased the Road Tech 660 at the beginning of last year for my 2015 CVO it was not listed as a 660LM but when received the actual model number on the device was a 'LM' and indeed has lifetime maps, updated periodically thru the garmin webupdater on my computer.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 12:58:06 AM »

I installed it today and got to say it is very cool. Incredibly fast and all the new features are great. Still wish it had the TPMS option but love everything else.
Alan

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 08:04:05 AM »

I installed it today and got to say it is very cool. Incredibly fast and all the new features are great. Still wish it had the TPMS option but love everything else.

Did it come with LM?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.