Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2.5" led fog lamps  (Read 3264 times)

1911upstateny

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

2.5" led fog lamps
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:27 PM »

Has anybody tried the new mc 2.5" led fog lamps?i have a 14 cvork and I am trying to fill in those dark spots when going around corners the led headlamp works great on the straights..

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: 2.5" led fog lamps
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:21:35 PM »

Has anybody tried the new mc 2.5" led fog lamps?i have a 14 cvork and I am trying to fill in those dark spots when going around corners the led headlamp works great on the straights..
I put them on my crash bars a couple of months ago and they work terrific. Highly recommend! It is pitch black where I live and they were exactly what I needed to fill in those dark spots on each side.
Alan

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:14:48 AM »

I have them installed on my FLTRUSE.
They will also give you an extra safety-bonus, as other traffic will for sure spot you much earlier :)
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 01:50:36 PM »

Put them on my '15 RGU lower guards recently. Have not riden at night since installing but they do add to the visibility to cars in front. One issue I had was the harness spec'ed between the left side panel and fog light connectors did not all match. Had to do a little replacing of connectors. Wires do not seem very large, guess they don't draw much amp's. Never found any wattage or lumen specs on the lights.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 02:18:33 PM »

I put them on my crash bars a couple of months ago and they work terrific. Highly recommend! It is pitch black where I live and they were exactly what I needed to fill in those dark spots on each side.

Alan I keep meaning to ask you about your lights and every time we stop I forget.  Even with a pack of bikes behind me, I can always spot you because they're the whitest and brightest.  What's the info on your headlight?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 11:19:37 PM »

Alan I keep meaning to ask you about your lights and every time we stop I forget.  Even with a pack of bikes behind me, I can always spot you because they're the whitest and brightest.  What's the info on your headlight?
HD Daymaker headlights with HD LED fogs and Custom Dynamics Ringz as turn signals. Living out "in the boonies" it is pitch black with twisty roads and I need all the help I can get
Alan

1911upstateny

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 12:17:29 PM »

Does anybody have a diagram for hooking my wiring harness to the 6 way turn signal harness?? Thank you

ATGuinness

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra Burgundy Blaze / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »

HD Daymaker headlights with HD LED fogs and Custom Dynamics Ringz as turn signals. Living out "in the boonies" it is pitch black with twisty roads and I need all the help I can get

Alan,
I have the Daymaker headlights and Rings on my RGU.  Any idea what the HD LED fogs look like to oncoming traffic?  Can't make up my mind between them and the CD LED driving lingts.  The Hondas and BMWs with their low mounted auxiliary lights are pretty visible and conventional wisdom seems to indicate that the triangular light arrangement makes us more noticeable.  Lots of tourists up here trying to kill me every summer, not to mention Bambi wandering around at odd hours.  I need all the help I can get.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.   – Robert Heinlein

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »

Don't know how much more visible the lights make us.  I can try to snap pic when it gets dark.  The only indication I've had so far is I had a local "redneck" that was obviously not a biker pull into a store in front of me the other day and say nice bike, how many lights do you have on that thing.  I just said thanks and went about my business.  So I get from that he could see all six of my lights(2 headlights, 2 CD RingZ turn signals and 2 fog lights) in his rear view mirrors.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

1911upstateny

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »

Got them installed looks good only thing I am not liking about them they go off when high beam is on..I put them on to help with the dark spots in corners...I run mostly early morning 5:00am on my way to work so I don't meet much traffic..and body have a cure for this...my street glide stayed on all the time

ATGuinness

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra Burgundy Blaze / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 03:52:54 PM »

Don't know how much more visible the lights make us.  I can try to snap pic when it gets dark.  The only indication I've had so far is I had a local "redneck" that was obviously not a biker pull into a store in front of me the other day and say nice bike, how many lights do you have on that thing.  I just said thanks and went about my business.  So I get from that he could see all six of my lights(2 headlights, 2 CD RingZ turn signals and 2 fog lights) in his rear view mirrors.

Thanks, Ron.  I'm mostly concerned about visibility during the day.  Fog lights usually have a flat beam pattern that's not always very bright in the daylight.  I was just curious if you'd seen your bike or another with the fogs from the front.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.   – Robert Heinlein

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 05:56:41 PM »

Got them installed looks good only thing I am not liking about them they go off when high beam is on..I put them on to help with the dark spots in corners...I run mostly early morning 5:00am on my way to work so I don't meet much traffic..and body have a cure for this...my street glide stayed on all the time
Do you have them powered from the same source the passing lamps are run from?  If so, on CAN-BUS bikes the dealer can flip a digital switch to make them stay on with the high beam.  On non-CAN-BUS, HD has a wiring harness you can install to keep them on.

Other option is to find a different power source for them.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »

Alan,
I have the Daymaker headlights and Rings on my RGU.  Any idea what the HD LED fogs look like to oncoming traffic?  Can't make up my mind between them and the CD LED driving lingts.  The Hondas and BMWs with their low mounted auxiliary lights are pretty visible and conventional wisdom seems to indicate that the triangular light arrangement makes us more noticeable.  Lots of tourists up here trying to kill me every summer, not to mention Bambi wandering around at odd hours.  I need all the help I can get.
I think you can see from JC's comments that my bike is very visible to traffic. I really do recommend them.
Alan

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 10:24:35 PM »

So i am looking to put these on my 15 cvo limited..   So has everyone that has used them been very happy so far .. The cost has been keping me at bay for buying these...  i dont mind spending the money but dont want to waste it .  my dealer has only had one customer so far do it  and they have not heard back from him yet..  i will do it myself but just looking to fill those dark areas
    thanks jon
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.